Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious question - How can anybody like tuna?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What about artichokes or quorn?

Don't get me started in quorn. Have you seen those adverts on TV? "Why not make your bolognese healthy by replacing beef mince with quorn mince", because you're getting rid of the key ingredient, it's like saying why not make your gin and tonic more healthy by replacing the gin with water.

If you want something that looks like meat why not try meat. :angry:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
According to Jenna Jameson, eating lots of Tuna enhances a mans sexual performance*. Perhaps that will make you change your mind about it?

*Cucumber, meanwhile, does not.

Cucumber serves no purpose other than in sex education classes to demonstrate how to put on a condom (and even then it scares boys into thinking they are going to turn out with a green penis).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The smell, the look, the thought of it makes me ill.

Most off putting thing is when you see a nice looking girl tucking into a tuna sandwich !!! :angry:

I was like that and then I mashed it with mashed spuds and cheese. Makes a change. Not terrific.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
not a huge fan. in fact i only ate my first tin a couple years ago (im 41). i thought i dont eat enough fish and i do weight training so i thought i better try it . its funny its hard work at first but the more you eat it the more you like it. i now eat about 3 or 4 cans a week. is very good for you , an oily fish loads of vitamins , loads of protein and not full of calories

Get the fresh stuff - much better.

If it's fish you're after, you can try some variations...

The aforementioned seared tuna
Cod fillet poached in milk with bay leaves and garlic
Baked trout with lemon, dill and garlic
Slow-grilled salmon with lime
Haddock chowder

:drool:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The thing I hate about cucumber is that it BEFOULS everything it touches. Its vile taste and odour remains.

I can well remember the TRAUMA of hurredly buying what I *thought* was a tuna sandwich at a service station once, only to realise, to my horror, that it was in fact tuna and cucumber. As soon as I opened it in the car, my nostrils were violently assaulted by the pungent STENCH of the watery green interloper.

Needless to say the entire sandwich was a complete write-off, and was immediately cast out of the window onto the hard shoulder of the M40. The next few miles were spent with all windows wound down to the max in order to de-fumigate the vehicle.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The thing I hate about cucumber is that it BEFOULS everything it touches. Its vile taste and odour remains.

I can well remember the TRAUMA of hurredly buying what I *thought* was a tuna sandwich at a service station once, only to realise, to my horror, that it was in fact tuna and cucumber. As soon as I opened it in the car, my nostrils were violently assaulted by the pungent STENCH of the watery green interloper.

Needless to say the entire sandwich was a complete write-off, and was immediately cast out of the window onto the hard shoulder of the M40. The next few miles were spent with all windows wound down to the max in order to de-fumigate the vehicle.

I can feel your pain, those sick marketing guys that think it's ok to advertise a sandwich as tuna and neglect to mention any decorative additions. During the summer I often have this problem with cricket teas, the captain usually asks someone to make a loaf of tuna sandwiches ("tuna" not "tuna and cucumber") yet at least half the time you open your sandwich triangle to find the evil green circle sitting there laughing at you.

D

Deleted member 18477

tuna is unreal.

chicken is unreal.

steak is unreal.

get that protein in you boy! yeaaaaaa buddyyyyyy!

D

Deleted member 18477

Don't get me started in quorn. Have you seen those adverts on TV? "Why not make your bolognese healthy by replacing beef mince with quorn mince", because you're getting rid of the key ingredient, it's like saying why not make your gin and tonic more healthy by replacing the gin with water.

If you want something that looks like meat why not try meat. :angry:

this.

veggies are TWATS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here