Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious question - did we need to build the Falmer Stadium?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Furious mate. I could park at Withers, and I miss my local away games; Yeovil, Exeter,Plymouth,Cheltenham, Bournemouth. Now its all poncy london and midlands teams, we're on the telly far more often than is good for us, people are calling our ground the Amex Arena :facepalm: and we've exhausted the Alive and Kicking Fund on overpriced strikers.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Right well the conclusive argument is

Withdean = CHIPS

Amex = NO CHIPS

Therefore Withdean WINS hands down.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I'm gutted mate, Withdean is where it's at. The Amex may have cost £90 million, but will it ever have an atmosphere as good as those downright cool Palace ultras? of course it won't. But come rain or shine Withdean was amazing.

I mean, it took 14 years, no-one else in Sussex wanted it, and after a while our campaign got so embarrassing. Sending flowers to that fat two Jags bloke, and marching on the Labour conference as if that would achieve anything and I'm not alone in this.

We got four promotions at Withdean, including three championships, and people say we wanted a new ground just so as they didn't get their hair wet. Bollocks.

We have achieved NOTHING since we got to the Amex, and we're now 11th (from being top last year :facepalm:). It's not as though we can ever fill the Amex completely anyway - it's so embarrassing. Aren't you annoyed?

etc.

Grow up Alan!

:moo:

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Having gone to Palace last night, i realise how much i like the old stadiums, i can't wait until the Amex looks as delapidated as Selhurst Park

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here