Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious question - did we need to build the Falmer Stadium?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This thread is like the relationship that Spear fishing has too Fly Fishing, not very sporting.
To add a point, it says on the new Stadium Website that it only cost 66 mill. to build, so not quite as smart as the 100 Mill. that is bandied about. Bit cut price really, its more Asda than Waitrose. :down:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Actually, if you compare that to other teams it is rather rubbish. I mean, since Arsenal moved into their new stadium they've been averaging about 60,000 - over three times what we can muster

I guess we really are just a tin pot little team. Might as well give up and just go for a bit of a kick about in the park.

Whenever I ordered a burger, hot dog or bacon roll at Withdean that is what I got. It appears at the Amex that the type of pie you get given may on occassions not be the type you asked for, or they have run out. I wouldn't renew my ST, if I had one.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I mean, it took 14 years, no-one else in Sussex wanted it, and after a while our campaign got so embarrassing. Sending flowers to that fat two Jags bloke, and marching on the Labour conference as if that would achieve anything and I'm not alone in this.

We got four promotions at Withdean, including three championships, and people say we wanted a new ground just so as they didn't get their hair wet. Bollocks.

We have achieved NOTHING since we got to the Amex, and we're now 11th (from being top last year :facepalm:). It's not as though we can ever fill the Amex completely anyway - it's so embarrassing. Aren't you annoyed?

etc.
Not bad, needs a bit of work imo.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
evening games not kicking off on time annoy me, therefore I shall be booing 7.47 kick offs

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
I mean, it took 14 years, no-one else in Sussex wanted it, and after a while our campaign got so embarrassing. Sending flowers to that fat two Jags bloke, and marching on the Labour conference as if that would achieve anything and I'm not alone in this.

We got four promotions at Withdean, including three championships, and people say we wanted a new ground just so as they didn't get their hair wet. Bollocks.

We have achieved NOTHING since we got to the Amex, and we're now 11th (from being top last year :facepalm:). It's not as though we can ever fill the Amex completely anyway - it's so embarrassing. Aren't you annoyed?

etc.

I agree. I used to live on the same road as Withdean Stadium so could walk to the ground from home in 5 minutes. Now I have to actually think about how I am going to get to a game. It can be quiet stressful you know, what with all the crowds we now have to contend with. I'm really not happpy at all.

mugstud

Jan 28, 2012
The facilities at the Amex are a joke. There is no hammer net, no steeplechase hurdle, no running track, but worst of all no sand pit for the subs to play in, why spend all that money, but leave out the important stuff? It's no wonder Gary Hart left.

Don't even get me started on the path from the station to the stadium.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Class ...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
There's also the very serious Ale issue, gone is the fun of not knowing whether, or not, you'll be able to shoehorn yourself into The Sportsman for a pint, haven't had to endure the crappy burger and now have the difficult task of choosing merchandise from a whole shop, what was wrong with that van anyway?

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Withdean = Pies
Amex = No pies - what's worse they pretend they do have them or give you cold ones.

Withdean = wet hair
Amex = stil get wet hair but more expensive ticket

Withdean WINS ;)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
And if we had stayed at Withdean where the pitch is so much better, we would never have had the injury problems we have had and Vicente would therefore have played every minute of every match and we wouldn't need to BOO him!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Good effort, but not as funny as the thread about booing our own players when they return from injury.

the sad thing is that one was genuine :facepalm:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
£93,000,000 to keep my hair dry seems reasonable enough to me??

Nonsense. Two ponchos for 50p were MUCH better value

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I completely concur with TLO on this. I mean, Bloom spent 90 million quid on this white Elephant & it's f***ing WONKY! Did nobody think of checking the architect for signs of heavy crack abuse? Honestly.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here