Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious Question Brighton March 2011 Vs Brighton March 2012

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I think this is a quite interesting thread actually. Can anyone post both teams so that we can actually look down the list and see the differences. I imagine that there will be a number of duplications but also a handful of new faces.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
local.png

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think this is a quite interesting thread actually. Can anyone post both teams so that we can actually look down the list and see the differences. I imagine that there will be a number of duplications but also a handful of new faces.

i would say a handful of duplications and a number of new faces myself

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
The 2012 side would win. Easily. Out of interest, for those who believe otherwise - where do you think the 2011 side would be now in the Championship? Automatic promotion places or comfortable play off places?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The 2012 side would win. Easily. Out of interest, for those who believe otherwise - where do you think the 2011 side would be now in the Championship? Automatic promotion places or comfortable play off places?

Top of the table

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I'm flattered you follow me about, still doesn't take away from the fact you've felt the need for attention by starting what... 4? 5? threads this evening ramming your bile down our throats? I don't need the attention seeking fella, perhaps just the one thread would have been tedium enough for most, but nope not you.

Bullshit of the day = your threads.
And there to go again. Another post that has absolutely no point to it.

I know, I'm going to open every thread I don't want to read, and tell the OP to stop seeeking attention for starting a thread I have no interest in, because thats basically what you are doing. There has been some interesting debate in the 4? 5? (its 3 actually threads I started (no so much the 2011 vs 2012)) but most of that gets lost because of twats posting pointless one line put downs, that have no point to them.

If I'm just attention seeking, stop feeding me with attention then you stupid :tosser: Or are you just seeking attention yourself ???

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And there to go again. Another post that has absolutely no point to it.

I know, I'm going to open every post I don't want to read, and tell the OP to stop seeeking attention for starting a thread I have no interest in, because thats basically what you are doing. There has been some interesting debate in the 4? 5? (its 3 actually threads I started (no so much the 2011 vs 2012)) but most of that gets lost because of twats posting pointless one line put downs, that have no point to them.

If I'm just attention seeking, stop feeding me with attention then you stupid :tosser: Or are you just seeking attention yourself ???

Quality... no intelligence, start abusing people.

Grow up? Maybe? Is it beyond you? I don't know. Does your mummy know you're up? Sorry I just feel like spewing out some of my own patronising bollocks. If you can't beat 'em...

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Top of the table

Because of Bennett and Murray? Bennett would have been an asset in this division for sure, but Murray is in this division and last time I looked not tearing it up.

We were a great side in L1 and we're now a good side in the Championship. The standard is so much higher and the strengthening we've done has got us where we are. I honestly can't see any validity to your argument.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
:lolol: I actually laughed out loud then at the fool taking the plaudits!!!

Careful. You'er going to set the record on here, for most posts without making a point. Thanks for giving me more attention. Strange then how you critise me for seeking it.

Whose the more foolish, The attention seeker, or the attention seeker that follows it

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Because of Bennett and Murray? Bennett would have been an asset in this division for sure, but Murray is in this division and last time I looked not tearing it up.

But I think Murray in the right formation would be a huge assit, the same as CMS in the right formation would be a huge hit. Sadly, well not in Murrays case, neither are being used right. Murray in this squad would be a very different player to Murray playing for the shit.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Careful. You'er going to set the record on here, for most posts without making a point. Thanks for giving me more attention. Strange then how you critise me for seeking it.

Whose the more foolish, The attention seeker, or the attention seeker that follows it

You have a lot to say whilst saying nothing at all except getting up true Brighton supporters backs. But that is your prerogative on an open forum. Hope you find a new team to support very soon.

Whenever I see Mr Burns I think Jake Burns, you both have something in common, attention seeking wankers with a difference. Jake Burns actually gives people some musical pleasure in their lives, you just make people want people to slit their wrists.

I don't have to reply to all your threads, although I notice you are desperate for me to do so. You seem to think if we don't reply we have some agenda. Well to an extent you are correct, I certainly have an agenda. I don't see the point in replying to utter bollocks when it is repeated on 4 or 5 threads through the day. Ever heard of overkill? You're probably drunk anyway, I don't know.

Anyway I shall let you have the last word, something along the lines of 'thank you for giving me the attention', for about the fifth post in a row.

Night night the most tedious of the Mr Burns' I know. xxx

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
But I think Murray in the right formation would be a huge assit, the same as CMS in the right formation would be a huge hit. Sadly, well not in Murrays case, neither are being used right. Murray in this squad would be a very different player to Murray playing for the shit.

Don't disagree with that. But theres no contest as far as the original question is concerned. 2012 side much better, even if they could be improved withBennet and Murray.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think the current Brighton side would be so hard to break down that the team of 2011 would find us like Huddersfield or Southampton at the end of that season.

We were a great side in L1 and we're now a good side in the Championship. The standard is so much higher and the strengthening we've done has got us where we are. I honestly can't see any validity to your argument.

It was tongue in cheek,i have added my 1st reply in this thread for reference

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You have a lot to say whilst saying nothing at all except getting up true Brighton supporters backs. But that is your prerogative on an open forum. Hope you find a new team to support very soon.

Whenever I see Mr Burns I think Jake Burns, you both have something in common, attention seeking wankers with a difference. Jake Burns actually gives people some musical pleasure in their lives, you just make people want people to slit their wrists.

I don't have to reply to all your threads, although I notice you are desperate for me to do so. You seem to think if we don't reply we have some agenda. Well to an extent you are correct, I certainly have an agenda. I don't see the point in replying to utter bollocks when it is repeated on 4 or 5 threads through the day. Ever heard of overkill? You're probably drunk anyway, I don't know.

Anyway I shall let you have the last word, something along the lines of 'thank you for giving me the attention', for about the fifth post in a row.

Night night the most tedious of the Mr Burns' I know. xxx
And yet another thread, where he manages to make no point. Even manages the classic I'll let you have the last word line. Run of the mill wally.

Good night Wally.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Mr Burns, never really noticed your posts before today, but why have you started 3/4 threads in a futile attempt to defame Gus Poyet, the greatest manager most of us have ever known? The bloke who transformed an utterly hopeless league one team into champions in half a season, and now well on our way to becoming a quality championship side, or potentially playoff contenders, with a below average league budget.

To answer your original question, the gap between league one and championship is great, if we hadn't strengthened we would probably be in a relegation dogfight now
We were having a half decent conversation in the other thread before you cut off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here