Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious post/Hereford

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Ok,just when did you apply for your Hereford ticket? Me late 96,i thought we were gone For me Hereford was our last league game. To take Relegation to the last say,s it all.:angry: never
again for any club

1066gull

How many threads about the dark days ffs?

You can reflect on the past, but don't gloat on it. The future is what this club has to look to. Not back.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
A van der Meyde said:

You can reflect on the past, but don't gloat on it. The future is what this club has to look to. Not back.

Don't be so petty, just because you don't remember those days.

We wouldn't have a club now if it wasn't for our fans actions in the past. They are some of the most important years of our history, and mean a lot to supporters.

Never heard a West Ham fan talk about Bobby Moore? Or a Liverpool fan Bob Paisley/European Cups? Or a Man U fan Matt Busby/George Best?

Why should we be any different, just because the moments saved a club instead of celebrating it?

1066gull

I know, you can reflect on it.

Take the Labour and Tory campaigns. The Tories looked back at how great they used to be and said they would be like that again, whilst Labour looked forward to the future.

Like a football club, you need to look to the future. You can reflect, same in politics to your past, but you must never go back.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Withdean Wanderer said:

We wouldn't have a club now if it wasn't for our fans actions in the past. They are some of the most important years of our history, and mean a lot to supporters.

Never heard a West Ham fan talk about Bobby Moore? Or a Liverpool fan Bob Paisley/European Cups? Or a Man U fan Matt Busby/George Best?

Why should we be any different, just because the moments saved a club instead of celebrating it?

Exactly what I said

:thumbsup:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I cant remeber exactly when it was but i remeber ringing uop from the phone on the bar in The Neville before a home game probably about 3 months before

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A van der Meyde said:
I know, you can reflect on it.

Take the Labour and Tory campaigns. The Tories looked back at how great they used to be and said they would be like that again, whilst Labour looked forward to the future.

Like a football club, you need to look to the future. You can reflect, same in politics to your past, but you must never go back.

Football and politics are slightly different!

What is the point of anything if you can't look back at the history involved.

Trying to be profound, but failing miserably. Stick to the counting thread. ;)

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
A van der Meyde said:

Is he for real :jester: :jester: next he'll be telling us to forget about '83

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Yep, quiet VDM. If you're too young to remember it then lucky you. But respect your elders.

Now run along, there's a good BOY:lolol:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Back to the thread

I advertised in the argus for one and had a couple of replies asking for three figure amounts.
Then this honourable fan, (who turns out to be Saafend Seagulls dad) phones me on the Thursday before the game and offers me a ticket.
He says face value but it is too late to post it and I am already down in Hereford. You will have to meet me in the hotel I am staying at on Saturday lunch time.
Drove all the way there hoping it was not a hoax call.
Sure enough there he was as promised.
A real fan and will always be in his debt. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks again

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Withdean Wanderer said:

Well said Mark. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1066gull

I believe none of you have ever heard of the word REFLECT before?

It means a few meanings. One of them is, to reflect on what you have achieved in your past. Got that? Reflect is the word.

Sorry, didn't get the word? Reflect.

(I posted the word reflect 10 god damn times and still none of you picked it up)

Reflect.

1066gull

Oh I forgot to tell you something.

Reflect.

Where you can reflect on the past in a positive attitude.

Reflect

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here