Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious financial problems?

1066gull

brightonfan_86 said:
I think we're preparing for League One, but there is something just not quite right in the club at the moment.

And it felt like it first occurred when Leon Knight was kicked out.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
IF

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

....."

http://www.allspirit.co.uk/kipling.html#if

I could tell you what I think about the show ....... but why should I?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
brightonfan_86 said:
I think we're preparing for League One, but there is something just not quite right in the club at the moment.
My fear is that the something is the Norman Baker/Ann DeVecchi/Neil Commin plan of stopping the stadium by delaying the club into bankruptcy.
"We feel so sorry for those silly little fans but it really isn't a suitable site for all those oiks. There really are so many sites available in Brighton."

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mona said:
My fear is that the something is the Norman Baker/Ann DeVecchi/Neil Commin plan of stopping the stadium by delaying the club into bankruptcy.
"We feel so sorry for those silly little fans but it really isn't a suitable site for all those oiks. There really are so many sites available in Brighton."

That's my biggest fear, not which player in is goal or midfield, or even which league we're in.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
BensGrandad said:
3. It will not be pay on the gate at Falmer either so will the debts continue.

Falmer will have pay on the gate. You won't actually be able to get to the ground without a ticket so there will be a number of points around the city where you can buy tickets on matchday. It's in the planning app and has been discussed on here a number of times.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bailey said:
Falmer will have pay on the gate. You won't actually be able to get to the ground without a ticket so there will be a number of points around the city where you can buy tickets on matchday. It's in the planning app and has been discussed on here a number of times.

I dont wish to be perdantic, but that is not pay on the gate as most people understand it.

I am at a loss to understand why at Falmer, we will not be able to buy a ticket at the ground, as we can at the Maj stad for example. I have many stories of people who made a decision to go to the Goldstone half an hour before KO and turned up, paid on the turnstiles etc etc. if we rae saying to people you have to but tickets for the games at say the train station, Churchill Square or timbuktoo, we are immediatly putting in the hassle factor, which I think is why Withdean never sells out.

How many times have we heard that there are tickets available for such and such match, but the ground is never full because people cant be arsed to chase around getting tickets. I am sure we would fill withdean every game if people could just turn up ( Yes I know it is B&H who said No)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i am sad,we appear to be f***ed and relegation seems certain, it's no wonder the players are performing the way they have been , the result at crewe was tantamount to a very hard kick in the beaulocks..............i really think that the falmer plotest from ldc and the fuckerheads action group has had a bearing on the results of the last six weeks along with our lack of a decent finisher and mcghees obvious shortfallings ...this is my opinion :nono: :albion:

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Dies Irae said:
I dont wish to be perdantic, but that is not pay on the gate as most people understand it.

I am at a loss to understand why at Falmer, we will not be able to buy a ticket at the ground, as we can at the Maj stad for example.

You're right that it's not actually pay on the gate but it is the same principle - that you can decide at the last minute to go and get a ticket on matchday.

As I understand it the planning application would have gone nowhere if we allowed people to turn up at the ground without a ticket.

Given that the overwhelming majority of people will get to the ground by train or park and ride bus the ticket purchase points will be located at places like Brighton station and the park and ride car parks. So, in principle, it is pay on the gate.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I would suspect that the rules would be relaxed fairly soon after the stadium opening.

There are still some things which have to be approved by Brighton & Hove City Council before we can start building. The club may well push for a relaxation of those 'pay on the gate' rules. Hope so anyway.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As long as there are plenty of places where you can buy a ticket then it should be ok. Falmer Station & Brighton Station would be the obvious places.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think Sussex Police would object to a ticket sales point at Falmer train station on crowd safety issues. I personally think that matchday tickets will only be available at Brighton Station and the ParknRide sites along with e-tickets booked on the net from pre-registered casual supporters. We could really take the piss and have a sales point somewhere in Lewes just to rub LDC councillors face in it.

Last edited:

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
The Large One said:
I would suspect that the rules would be relaxed fairly soon after the stadium opening.

I would say doubtful, but we can hope

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Serious financial problems - no shit sherlock

ffs, which ever way you look at it, we're in deep financial doo doo

Because when we buy players, we HAVE to offer them a package including a relocation to the most expensive part of England.

Hardly suprising that players based in the north aren't prepaed to come and play for a relegtaion threatened team, in the most expenive part of the countrty if we are not prepared to cough up for a house move, fininding a school for the kids, car etc.

The players we have usually signed in the past four years have ALL been based in the south.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
seagullsovergrimsby said:
I think Sussex Police would object to a ticket sales point at Falmer train station on crowd safety issues. I personally think that matchday tickets will only be available at Brighton Station and the ParknRide sites along with e-tickets booked on the net from pre-registered casual supporters. We could really take the piss and have a sales point somewhere in Lewes just to rub LDC councillors face in it.
If they're on sale at Lewes Station, that's fine. LDC can do nothing about it, because they won't have the jurisdiction. The tickets would be sold on Network Rail property.

Dies Irae said:

I am at a loss to understand why at Falmer, we will not be able to buy a ticket at the ground, as we can at the Maj stad for example.

Its actually the Police who will make that decision and they will usually turn it down on the dubious grounds of crowd control. Should tere be any trouble, then it is far easier for them and the to deal with someone whose name they alreasdy know via a ticket purchase

How many grounds now offer a pay on the gate turnstile? Not many I shoukd think, although there can't be any reason for making one block a pay on the gate entry

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Storer68 said:
Because when we buy players, we HAVE to offer them a package including a relocation to the most expensive part of England.

Hardly suprising that players based in the north aren't prepaed to come and play for a relegtaion threatened team, in the most expenive part of the countrty if we are not prepared to cough up for a house move, fininding a school for the kids, car etc.

The players we have usually signed in the past four years have ALL been based in the south.

I'm glad that I'm not the only person who's reallised this.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
brightonfan_86 said:
What you mean like no ground and hassle getting a new one? Not enough money to attract decent players to the dump we play at now? Nothing gets past you, does it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here