Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious financial problems?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Firingblanks1 said:
I think you've hit the nail on the head Giraffe and the sooner everyone understands the better!
I'm getting fed up with everyone moaning about Dick Knight etc., just because he wont bankrupt the club and spend a fortune on a striker.

1. People have short memories - we've been here before and poor management was why we had to sell the Goldstone - should Dick go and spend money we havent got?
I haven't seen anyone begging to get control of the club with pockets full of money-perhaps those that criticise Dick should name some names or shut up!
2. Lets face it - we are punching above our weight and cannot compete with most other clubs in this division- it was a miracle we survived last year.
3. All the time we are at Withdean and it is not pay on the gate we will lose a fortune.
4. Lets be honest - if we got relegated and won a few games the fickle stay away Albion fans would come back to watch a winning team whether we were in the championship or division four (just look at history).
5. If we got relegated we would be able to negotiate smaller contracts.
6. We've got one of the best Youth Teams in the country - so worrying about the next ten years aint gonna be a problem (unless we go skint!)
7. OK - Mr Mcghee has made some odd selection decisions - but the guys desperate and will try anything (I know I would).
8. As for Kuipers - great keeper but knocking on. Long term Henderson will be a bargain.

Don't get me wrong of course I want to see the Leeds Uniteds down here every week, but it sure is not the end of the world if we have to give it a miss for a few seasons - think long term - think Falmer and trust Dick - he has taken us this far!

Just about the best post I've seen on here for flippin ages.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It is up to the Council whether or not it is "pay on the gate" at Falmer. They are responsible for making an agreement with the Albion. Your votes count. Ask your Local Councillor!

The Police can insist a match is all-ticket though on grounds of safety or whatever.

I do not believe that purchasing tickets at railway stations will work properly. Do you?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Brixtaan said:
Somethings up,thats for sure
been thinking that for some time now,all my knowledge is based on this forum and what I read (many of the players I have not seen live).
But looking at the overall picture fom the outside so to speak it seems that somrthing is not right and even my mrs who is a football fanatic says that it looks like they (management) seem to have given up on this division and would be happier working a division lower,theres no passion and where is DK backing his team and manager.
we have the passion but the passion in the club starts at the top.
I still think we can squeak results and stay up but we need some passion.

and sometimes in the wind I am sure I can hear those bastards over at lewes sniggering up their sleeves,its about time we started to shut them up.

come on the albion :clap2: :clap: :bowdown: :albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here