Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selling stolen goods?

Simster? You're losing it, old man (but then we've known that for a while).

Cripes you're right, must be a freudian slippage between the two biggest clowns - but you are right, it doesn't sound like something simpy would do (oar puller in company where nobody enjoys the work but the pay's alright). Certainly does bear more of a safeway imagination indeed, to rummage around used condoms and dog crap.

So what are you trying to make yourself less guilty selling?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hove Tip has a YMCA selling stuff that people have taken to the tip - presumably it is legal

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That will be because the tip technically owns all the crap dumped there and therefore they are legally in a position to offer stuff to the YMCA charity to sell.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hove Tip has a YMCA selling stuff that people have taken to the tip - presumably it is legal

The difference being who pockets the cash, have used both Pebsham and Lewes tips both sell stuff but I would imagine the proceeds goes to the council, or maybe charity, so a dustman selling stuff personally on ebay maybe dodgy if he(she) pockets the cash.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Its not just the bin men that do it. Years ago I did a one day temp job in London for a removals firm. We had to clear out half a dozen offices of their furniture and we were given an assets list of what was to be removed. They expected the offices to be cleared, but what was on the list and what we cleared differed hugely. All our excess was dropped off at a local office furniture dealer and I was given twice my daily rate in cash just for being part of this "team". Christ knows what the two guys I was working with cleared that day

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would have thought the contents of the dustbin belong to the resident until they're tipped into the refuse truck.

What if, say, one of your kids dropped some jewellery into a wastebin which then got emptied into the dustbin? You'd expect to be able to go through your own dustbin to retrieve the article, so if some toerag had already taken the contents I'd feel pretty aggrieved.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Where there's muck there's money. Its absolutely crazy what some people throw out. Last time I visited the tip, I noticed a whole cage full of old PC's, Printers, Monitors and other bits. I bet some of them still work as well. A Linux Distro would work on these well.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cripes you're right, must be a freudian slippage between the two biggest clowns - but you are right, it doesn't sound like something simpy would do (oar puller in company where nobody enjoys the work but the pay's alright). Certainly does bear more of a safeway imagination indeed, to rummage around used condoms and dog crap.

So what are you trying to make yourself less guilty selling?
Obviously you don't have a clue what I do, but I'd have thought most people do some sort of job which isn't wholly satisfactory but nevertheless allows us to provide for our familes.

It's all right for you to belittle other people's life choices though - you're living the dream. You know, living in a bedsit in your fifties in a non-descript suburb of one of northern Europe's least exciting cities, scraping a living from selling comically ancient records on ebay that even Saxondale would struggle to fein interest in. At least you get to glare weirdly at totally unattainable Swedish women though, as you've already made clear today, so well done for that you frightful prick.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But nowadays, with recycling, what of any worth is going to be in the general refuse to be disposed of?

And, beyond that, how would a refuse collector know there was something of worth, given that everything is bagged up?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But nowadays, with recycling, what of any worth is going to be in the general refuse to be disposed of?
Scrap metal would be my guess. Obviously it isn't bagged up, but is often loose in the bin or next to the bin.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sim is right. Be surprised how much you can get for scrap metal. My ex father in law was a heating engineer and he used to save up all his spare copper piping and sold it to Geo E Richardson when he had a load of it. Made quite a few quid.

The ex had a garage door in her garden and two polish blokes basically asked if they could take it, did her a favour as it got rid of it and im sure they flogged it for scrap.

Also bulkier electronic goods, some of which actually work like TVs etc.

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Obviously you don't have a clue what I do, but I'd have thought most people do some sort of job which isn't wholly satisfactory but nevertheless allows us to provide for our familes.

It's all right for you to belittle other people's life choices though - you're living the dream. You know, living in a bedsit in your fifties in a non-descript suburb of one of northern Europe's least exciting cities, scraping a living from selling comically ancient records on ebay that even Saxondale would struggle to fein interest in. At least you get to glare weirdly at totally unattainable Swedish women though, as you've already made clear today, so well done for that you frightful prick.

ouch!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sim is right. Be surprised how much you can get for scrap metal. My ex father in law was a heating engineer and he used to save up all his spare copper piping and sold it to Geo E Richardson when he had a load of it. Made quite a few quid.

The ex had a garage door in her garden and two polish blokes basically asked if they could take it, did her a favour as it got rid of it and im sure they flogged it for scrap.

Also bulkier electronic goods, some of which actually work like TVs etc.

Here at least, you can't leave that stuff to be taken away - you have to take it to the recycling centre.

:laugh: I HAVE grown to like simplesir's rants!
Goldman Sachs isn't it Gayling?
Stockholm the least exciting city? Whew, I would only DREAM of living in REIGATE :BWAAHAHA:
Oh there's LOTS to glare at indeed!

Keep me amused, I'll just grind and you do the monkey dance :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here