Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Selling players next year.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Out - Balogun, Bong, Schelotto, Murray? all on a free.

In - Mac Allister, and Tau already paid for. White back from loan. Alzate will count as an over 21 player and need to be named in the squad.

Locadia, Andone, Knockaert and Alireza almost certainly gone for cash.

Pretty certain Mooy will sign.

Shirley Muzza will retire when he stops playing for us. Becoming an Albion coach (little commuting, he loves it here), plus some media work.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Shirley Muzza will retire when he stops playing for us. Becoming an Albion coach (little commuting, he loves it here), plus some media work.

Surely there are only so many jobs we can give to ex-players, and surely if there is a better external candidate for the same role they should get the job instead.

Football is an odd business really.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Surely there are only so many jobs we can give to ex-players, and surely if there is a better external candidate for the same role they should get the job instead.

Football is an odd business really.

You have no idea of the supposed role and yet you assume there must be a better external candidate ! Not just football that's odd!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Dont think much reality being applied on here. Unfortunately we have purchased some utter dogs and think If we get anywhere close to half what we paid for Locadia, AJ, and Andone we'll have robbed the bank. They are all on prem wages which is going to put off most European clubs, and all have shown they cant compete at a really decent level or have the mental discipline either.

Could see Duffy going to a Norwich or top champ side for £10-15m at end of season to clear the path for White.

Andone for £2.5m ? No chance. That wouldn’t get you a lower-level championship striker.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
[SUP][/SUP]
You have no idea of the supposed role and yet you assume there must be a better external candidate ! Not just football that's odd!!

Poorly worded perhaps. Only that we seem to invent all sorts of positions for ex players, for the sake of being ex players. Can it always be the case that they are the best option available or is it just doing favours for the boys?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
So how much are Ali J, Locadia , Andone and Knocky worth.
Ali J - £10,000,000
Locadia £8,000,000
Andone £8,000,000
Knocky £10,000,000
Is this realistic?

I agree with Andone and Knocky, but reckon we'd be lucky to get a packet of custard creams for Ali J, and maybe a happy meal for Locadia.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Have we always had the little arrow in the quote box allowing us to jump back to the originally post? I feel like it appeared this week- surely I haven't missed it all these years... Either way it's a welcome addition.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With White playing for them, Leeds look like a good bet not to be in the second division next season.

I'll believe it when I see it. Leeds are perennial bottlers, Bielsa runs them into the ground and they'll be running on empty again come the end of the season. White's good, but he can't do it on his own.

Plus Bamford is shithouse.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'll believe it when I see it. Leeds are perennial bottlers, Bielsa runs them into the ground and they'll be running on empty again come the end of the season. White's good, but he can't do it on his own.
Guess we'll find out in May, eh?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
We could potentially have a much improved squad next season without buying a single player. With White, Clarke, Molumby and possibly Tau/Mac Allister coming in to replace Balogun, Duffy, Locadia, Ali J and Andone. Not to mention a fit again Izquierdo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here