Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Potter would probably do well at Spurs, but it would be a huge gamble for either party. I can't see Levy risking another mistake after Mourinho - he needs to appoint someone with pedigree at the top level. And Spurs could be an absolute nightmare next year, if Kane and Son finally realise they could win something by going elsewhere. And Spurs are skint. Maybe Brighton is a better prospect at the moment? To date Potter has wisely taken opportunities where the downsides were limited, but the upsides significant. Spurs would be the reverse.
Yep.

Potter would do well as the manager after next at Spurs.
Next man up is already close to a dead man walking, Son and Kane leaving would put a nail in their coffin before they've sat behind their desk.

Arsenal should be crawling over broken glass for GPott.
Who in turn should be crawling over broken glass to get his hands on Sanchez.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Yep.

Potter would do well as the manager after next at Spurs.
Next man up is already close to a dead man walking, Son and Kane leaving would put a nail in their coffin before they've sat behind their desk.

Arsenal should be crawling over broken glass for GPott.
Who in turn should be crawling over broken glass to get his hands on Sanchez.
You say that, but if we have another season like this one, Potter will be a dead man walking. Pressure on either way

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
I'm not sure about that - the onus would be on the board and recruitment teams to identify players who can finish the chances we create.

I think a similar lower mid table finish combined with excellent attacking metrics would be no reason for Bloom to swing the axe

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It really isn’t. It’s online, ‘written’ by some intern or work-experience kid. Papers like the Express can’t afford experienced journalists who actually know stuff any more, even after their sports desk was merged with the Mirror and Daily Star. Any story which includes the words Mail Online, Express Online or anything similar, can safely be disregarded.

The captions under the images are priceless. ‘Tottenham would benefit from the arrival of Brighton star Yves Bissouma’ - oh where to even start!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I've clicked on the click bait so you don't have too:-

So Express Sport will now take a look at how Spurs could line up with the 45-year-old, as well as signing players such as Yves Bissouma, Ben White and Lewis Dunk.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ham-Potter-Ben-White-Lewis-Dunk-Yves-Bissouma

And he’s done so on a tight budget, while also transforming the Seagulls into one of the most eye-catching teams in the top flight.

About the only bit of truth in that garbage.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What manager in their right mind would want to take a job at Spurs with that goblin of a chairman still there , either a piss poor one or one with no morals , Potter is neither of those .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What manager in their right mind would want to take a job at Spurs with that goblin of a chairman still there , either a piss poor one or one with no morals , Potter is neither of those .

Max Rushden listed about 4 or 5 potential names and how they are all now desperately taking or clamouring for other jobs. :lol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
How come smug Eddie hasn’t been mentioned?

I would have thought he’d be all over this, unless he’s already lined up for somewhere else, Palace perhaps?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Potter will inevitably end up at a top team, because he is a fantastic manager. No doubt.
Would be gutted if that was now though, and to spurs. Wait a bit and I think he can do far better.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Spurs basket case club demand instant success with a poor team. Potter would not be given the time to turn them around

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
How come smug Eddie hasn’t been mentioned?

I would have thought he’d be all over this, unless he’s already lined up for somewhere else, Palace perhaps?

I've also been surprised at how little Eddie Howe to Spurs has been mentioned.
His Bournemouth team's style was very much like Spurs, an entertaining attacking intent but often open at the back looking likely to concede.
With the current squad that Spurs possess I reckon Howe would be a good fit, and as soon as Daniel Levy realises that Rodgers, Potter, Erik ten Hag aren't coming Eddie Howe will soon start being mentioned more.

The problem for Spurs is they are never going to be able to match Abu Dhabi's or Russia's spending until they sell out to a global brand that wants to win trophies (Man City/Chelsea) rather than be profitable (Man Utd/Arsenal).

Until then, the best they can do is to try to service their debt while remaining in the top six.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Click baity tweet from talkSPORT.

But where are the Potter out campaign, can they please correct these deluded Spurs fans who seem to think he’s a good manager?

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
My guess is for Ancelotti. Experience at the highest level, Everton's ground is still a couple of years away. However, no chatter in the press about him.
I think the Potter chatter is about getting his name in the frame for future vacancies.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If they're looking at Potter because he's a cheap option to them, and all their other targets have turned them down, then i'd think that before they went for Potter they'd probably go for Parker. Simply because he's ex-spurs so the fans would at least give him the chance. The big team arrogance would mean that before he's even stepped in the door Potter would be written off by most of their fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here