Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I used to support Spurs as a kid before I moved to Brighton...maybe I’ll disprove my signature....for the second time if it happens :lolol:

I’m certain [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] will come with me :wink:

I had a Fredrik Ljungberg haircut when I was twelve... Actually I didnt, but I wanted one. Instead I put a piece of red christmas decoration and sewed it on a robber hat. Same thing.

I really dont want to go to Spurs.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In today’s press conference, Potter reiterated the fact that the job here isn’t finished, and praised TB and PB for the calmness and stability they have created at the club.

That doesn’t sound like a man keen to jump ship for the madhouse on the Tottenham High Road.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
In today’s press conference, Potter reiterated the fact that the job here isn’t finished, and praised TB and PB for the calmness and stability they have created at the club.

That doesn’t sound like a man keen to jump ship for the madhouse on the Tottenham High Road.

I agree but it would still be good to hear him say explicitly that he’s not interested in the Spurs job. Or is that being too simplistic?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree but it would still be good to hear him say explicitly that he’s not interested in the Spurs job. Or is that being too simplistic?

Dunno about simplistic but it would certainly be completely meaningless.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The problem for Toronto Spur is that Tottingham can't afford to pay Brighton whatever they want.
Tbf they probably could. Backroom staff and potter 20 million max ? That's a reserve player cost for spurs.

Don't think he'll go though.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Was the job finished at Swansea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Great. Just as soon as I'd stopped worrying about events on the pitch, I find myself fretting about what's going on behind the scenes.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
He was happy at Swansea until we came calling with a bag of money, bigger stadium and better training facilities #JustSaying

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I remain fairly relaxed and confident. GP WILL leave for a bigger club one day. But not now with the project still in it’s early stages. Even if he sees out his current contract he’ll still be a relatively young manager.

Another reason to be confident. He gets on very well with Tony and the club infrastructure.

Connected with our owner “on a philosophical level”. Can you imagine that with Levy?

[tweet]1395741590568804352[/tweet]

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Why is Tottenham a mad house? Poch was there for a good few years and now probably one of the highest paid managers in the world. World class stadium Kane probably needs to go and in a strange way it might be a good parting all round. They spend £30-40m on players occasionally and with Kane gone the incoming manager would have a few quid to spend.

Financially you would be set for life even if it doesn’t work out can’t see to many negatives tbh.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Arsenal fans onboard the Potter train too. Clearly very confused and deluded to want our terrible manager.

[tweet]1395477503838466050[/tweet]

We have a player called Bissouma as well.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think this is definitive as it will get. Relax, he’s not going anywhere.

Brighton boss Graham Potter insists taking over at Tottenham is “nothing I have considered”.

Potter remains among the favourites to become the permanent successor to Jose Mourinho at Premier League rivals Spurs.

But the 46-year-old, who has received widespread praise for Albion’s slick style of play, says he is fully committed to his current club ahead of Sunday’s season finale at Arsenal.

“I don’t pay too much attention to things that are outside of my control, things that get written, or speculation,” he said.

“I am focused on this job, trying to finish the season off as strongly as we can. I am excited by the team, I am excited by the club, so I just focus on that.

“It (the Tottenham job) is nothing I have considered. I have got a contract here. I am committed to this, we’ve got a lot to do, we’re just at the start of what we’re doing.”

Potter, whose deal runs until 2025, celebrated both his birthday and two years in charge of Brighton on Thursday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...urinho-danny-welbeck-lewis-dunk-b1851605.html

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Your coming across as a newbie to football, players managers all say the same shit and piss off to pastures new. Our very own Glenn Murray said he wasn’t signing for Palace when the rumours started.

Nope. You’re coming across as a someone who just can’t see that Potter is different, someone who can only see the relentless pursuit of money, club size or status as the key driver for professional ambition in any manager they assess. What part of ‘it’s about the integrity and stability of Bloom & Barbour’ in Potter’s repeated mantra about staying loyal to our club do you not get? FFS man - give that head a wobble will you?

You’re coming across as an old school dinosaur who can’t fathom a man with a masters degree in emotional intelligence, a man who stayed utterly loyal to Östersunds FK for years despite having the reputation to demand a move to many other clubs, clubs much bigger with more prestige than that shabby little Swedish outfit.

You are accusing Potter of being blind to the one thing all Brighton fans know, we know we have the best chairman in English football. You think that Potter hasn’t worked that out. Begone with your tomfoolery! And you think with our potential, with our current youth set-up, with the club we have right now that Potter would turn heels and work for that **** Levy?

You are the newbie to Brighton and Hove Albion 2021 Sir; you are on a different planet.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Your coming across as a newbie to football, players managers all say the same shit and piss off to pastures new. Our very own Glenn Murray said he wasn’t signing for Palace when the rumours started.

Our very own Glen Murray was sold by the manager.

Can't quite see Dan Ashworth (Potters boss) selling him. Just my opinion of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here