Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Still dont think they are going to offer him the job and still dont think he would accept the offer. I'm 99% certain he will be coaching Brighton next season as well.

If it did happen... that would be very disappointing and finished it for me... I'm not going to watch and follow Tottenham. No chance. Other big clubs, sure, but someone who leaves a great project and a great club like Brighton to coach ****ing Tottenham wouldnt be worth my time.

I've been meaning to ask you what you would do when Potter eventually leaves. It feels like your part of the furniture on here now.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
All that tweet says is that Spurs players were impressed by how we played against them.
Potter is under contract. If we were prepared to let Spurs buy him out, which I doubt we would be, then we’d want a lot of money. More than all that, I don’t think Potter would want to leave. He’s an intelligent man and knows that his longevity of career at Brighton means more than a stressful 12 months or so at Spurs.
I’m naturally a pessimist, but I just don’t see this being an issue. Spurs are in a pickle, and whilst I’m sure Potter is a good coach, would he be able to convince Kane and Son that they should stay in North London? It’s a poison chalice of a job just now, and I can only see a journeyman Manager from Europe taking it for the short term pay deal that it will be.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If Spurs offer Potter the job he will be gone. He would be mad not to.

Imho I think Potter would be mad to take it. Yes he will get more money but the possibility of being out of a job within a season. Spurs are a basket case.
He is building the foundations to take this club to new heights. What makes me laugh is Rodgers favourite for the job, I see Leicester a bigger club than Spurs now.

Please give it to Ralf Ragnick, he always seem to be mentioned by never gets the job, how long ago were we after him?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thankfully no one ever leaves whilst under contract.

They can't offer him the job without permission which is tapping up. Hopefully if it happens Bloom takes the slimy cheating wankers to task. Sorry missed the debt ridden slimy cheating wankers, horrible club yuk!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Faced with appearing in GraPott’s pre-season team bonding Finnish language am dram production of The Seagull by Chekov, Bale, Son and Kane will be on the first charter flight out of Stansted to La Liga still in their costumes and stage makeup.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Imho I think Potter would be mad to take it. Yes he will get more money but the possibility of being out of a job within a season. Spurs are a basket case.
He is building the foundations to take this club to new heights. What makes me laugh is Rodgers favourite for the job, I see Leicester a bigger club than Spurs now.

Please give it to Ralf Ragnick, he always seem to be mentioned by never gets the job, how long ago were we after him?

I agree with all of this minus club size.

RR for me as the whole structure needs rebuilt.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They’ve just been talking about this on TalkSPORT but it had started before I had started listening
Basically they were saying that he’d be mad to leave Brighton as the project was on going
I don’t know who one of the blokes was but he said Brighton are only a striker away from pushing for European places, he then went on to say that if we could sign Abraham he would be the missing link
I know we talk about it all the time but this was someone on the outside saying it
He also went on to say a number of our players would walk into the Arsenal team and it was really good to hear
Simon Jordan then went on to say some really good things about us too
In short they sad Potter would do himself more good in the long term by staying here

The Alan Brazil Talk Sport show (or is that talk shite?) were discussing us this morning and mentioned Potter potentially going to Spurs. I have a lot of time for Brazil and McCoist but Jamie O'Hara talks out of his backside. Never a pundit and said that Potter was not a name. Well Mr O'Hara you keep thinking that way fella. We are happy to keep him. :dunce:
Have Talksport started broadcasting totally contrasting versions at the same time, or what?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
You have to remember too, even if an approach is made (which I still doubt, he’s not a glamorous enough appointment for them), Paul Barber will simply reject it. In fact there’s really no sensible monetary value they could offer that would be worth to us accepting.

And do you think GP is the kind of bloke to throw his toys out the pram and insist they let him go? He seems like the type to be very professional, honour his contract and most likely repay the trust given to him by Tony and Paul in bringing him here in the first place. Now maybe I’m completely wrong but he seems far more likely the latter than the former.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've been meaning to ask you what you would do when Potter eventually leaves. It feels like your part of the furniture on here now.

Honestly dont know but yeah that is one of many reasons why I want him to stay as long as possible.

If I remember right Swansea completely shafted potter and weren't honest with him hence his willingness to leave .... Am I right [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] ?

Yes, its a very different situation. In Swansea he had owners who were not on speaking terms with the CEO, forbidding players to play due to appearance fees, trying to ship their best players for nothing, not willing to give him any funds to fill the holes in the squad... its a very different story.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

More like a pile of empty pizza boxes in the corner of the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Honestly dont know but yeah that is one of many reasons why I want him to stay as long as possible.

Yes, its a very different situation. In Swansea he had owners who were not on speaking terms with the CEO, forbidding players to play due to appearance fees, trying to ship their best players for nothing, not willing to give him any funds to fill the holes in the squad... its a very different story.

On previous threads on here people have talked about the spirit and community of fans back in the late 90's when the club was at its lowest ebb. I've said before I think that spirit and community continues here on NSC amongst all of us who write posts on the forum. Football and specifially BHA are the common ground that brings us all here, but the truth is we all talk about pretty much every facet of life. You may have started writing on here because you were following Graham's career, but you post on here now because you're part of the community. Wherever and whenever Potter goes you can still follow his career and quite easily continue to be part of things here.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
In light of Paul Barbers comments this is probably moot, but if Potter were to jump ship, should we go for Emma Hayes?

1 community shield
2 league cups
2 FA cups
3 WSL titles

And on course to win WSL and Champions League this season.

Ignore her gender, she is a very imposing Alpha human and undoubtedly more successful than Graham Potter.

Seems the kind of leftfield appointment Tony wouldn't baulk at making. And appointing her would certainly raise our profile globally and create massive commercial opportunities for the club.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
In light of Paul Barbers comments this is probably moot, but if Potter were to jump ship, should we go for Emma Hayes?

1 community shield
2 league cups
2 FA cups
3 WSL titles

And on course to win WSL and Champions League this season.

Ignore her gender, she is a very imposing Alpha human and undoubtedly more successful than Graham Potter.

Seems the kind of leftfield appointment Tony wouldn't baulk at making. And appointing her would certainly raise our profile globally and create massive commercial opportunities for the club.

Can you imagine some of the posters on here if that happened?

The Bear Pit would be a riot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here