Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Secure your seat at Falmer

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Generally speaking, Falmer will be about people who want to go to home games. Away games will not be played there.
:bowdown::bowdown:
What are you going to do with him now you OWN him so comprehensively?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It must be hard to pick a seat before actually seeing a match there (I'm not slagging the club off by the way). Obviously people will be able to see where the best views are, but until the stadium gets going nobody will know where the best atmosphere will be. I think that the stadium will sort of be a constantly evolving living thing for the first few seasons until people pick their favourite areas to sit. Personally, I think that the East stand looks like the place I would want to be, looking onto the 3-tier West stand.

I guess that is all part of the fun of moving into the new stadium. I can't wait.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
guessing the alive & kicking donatees get their say beforehand?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
people who live locally but only attend away games make me cross. if it wasn't for us STHs and occasionals putting our hands into our pockets and supporting the team at home there would be no club. plus if you're such a big fan, why don't you want to see your team play on your doorstep? Withdean isn't ideal but its ours. When we first came back we all felt proud and the place was a fortress. Perhaps if we, as fans collectively, treated the place with a bit more respect and those stay aways came along a few times a season it would feel more like our home (for just 2 more years!).

Stockport home match last season was superb becuase the ground was full and we were all up for it. More of the same next year please.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
people who live locally but only attend away games make me cross. if it wasn't for us STHs and occasionals putting our hands into our pockets and supporting the team at home there would be no club. plus if you're such a big fan, why don't you want to see your team play on your doorstep? Withdean isn't ideal but its ours. When we first came back we all felt proud and the place was a fortress. Perhaps if we, as fans collectively, treated the place with a bit more respect and those stay aways came along a few times a season it would feel more like our home (for just 2 more years!).

Stockport home match last season was superb becuase the ground was full and we were all up for it. More of the same next year please.

Well bloody said, fine post. Those gobby little twats wouldn't have had a club to support if everyone acted the same.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
It strikes me as not much more than a handy device for encouraging more season ticket sales at Withdean. The reality of the matter is that there will be THOUSANDS of seats going spare even after any first dibs system. Which, to be cynical, will always be corporate first dibs!

Fairest system is to take account (somehow) of ALL regular supporters.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It may be that the North stand may be over subscibed as holds under 3k and everyone may want to sit there aka the Goldstone.

Not convinced this will be the best part of the ground though. Think you need singers near the away fans , not like H block but more like Derby / Coventry etc.

Although the hope would be that the whole ground will sing

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
22,000 at Falmer, 4,000 season tickets sold. Sure you will be fine somehow

Don't bank on it.

Will current away members get 2nd preference once season ticket holders have reserved their seats? (or is there too many of us?)

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
It must be hard to pick a seat before actually seeing a match there (I'm not slagging the club off by the way). Obviously people will be able to see where the best views are, but until the stadium gets going nobody will know where the best atmosphere will be. I think that the stadium will sort of be a constantly evolving living thing for the first few seasons until people pick their favourite areas to sit. Personally, I think that the East stand looks like the place I would want to be, looking onto the 3-tier West stand.

I guess that is all part of the fun of moving into the new stadium. I can't wait.

This text from the Seagulls site should answer your point

"Each season ticket holder will be invited to attend a guided tour of the new stadium, asked to help test out some of the systems; and at the end they will be able to select their seats and reserve them with special stickers."

Cool !

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What about all us former STH's, who for the past 10 seasons at Withdean and 2 seasons in Kent sat in the p***ing rain year after year but because we've grown so old waiting for the Albion's new ground that we've now got families and commitments that made retention of a circa £450 ticket during a recession impractical; but we were, up until 12 months ago, the lifeblood of the club, participated in all the demos etc before any of these johnny come later multi-millionaires turned up on the scene to grab the glory to make a silk purse out of a soar's ear (I always knew we'd come good :)) I know quite a few in this bracket, so there bloody well should be some link to the club's database to show STH's who have been STH's for 11 out of 12 years; just not the year Falmer's finally being built.

I feel like a Dunkirk POW being liberated e.g. thanks a lot chaps, but where the f*** were you when we needed you? :angry:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What about all us former STH's, who for the past 10 seasons at Withdean and 2 seasons in Kent sat in the p***ing rain year after year but because we've grown so old waiting for the Albion's new ground that we've now got families and commitments that made retention of a circa £450 ticket during a recession impractical; but we were, up until 12 months ago, the lifeblood of the club, participated in all the demos etc before any of these johnny come later multi-millionaires turned up on the scene to grab the glory to make a silk purse out of a soar's ear (I always knew we'd come good :)) I know quite a few in this bracket, so there bloody well should be some link to the club's database to show STH's who have been STH's for 11 out of 12 years; just not the year Falmer's finally being built.

I feel like a Dunkirk POW being liberated e.g. thanks a lot chaps, but where the f*** were you when we needed you? :angry:

You snooze you lose

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Guess you can never keep everyone happy, nice touch if it really is going to reward time held a season ticket as well as just those witha ticket this season and next. Like the bait the club are using to lure even more people into Withdean now though; it has to be said the fuller the dump is the more bearable it becomes!

What about sectioning 50 seats or so off and making them an auctioned seat ebay style; that should keep everyone happy. When we have a big game season ticket holders have theirs, regular attendees should be fine but some poor sods will have to part with a massive wedge for the last few seats making the cklub a few quid in the process? Just an idea, let the abuse commence ...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
what a surprise, season ticket holder's first, what about us fan's that travel far & wide & spend far more money than our so called loyal supporters. I know at least 4 STH that have not been to an away game for year's :censored:. PISSES ME OFF.

Shellıng out the thıck end of fıve-hundred quıd once a year EVERY year dırectly ınto the clubs coffers for another season at that complete SHITHOLE damn well gıves STH's the rıght to the pıck of the best seats ın the house when we actually get a football stadıum to play ın. Its called a COMMITMENT.

Can I borrow your braın please ? I'm buıldıng an ıdıot.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Guess you can never keep everyone happy, nice touch if it really is going to reward time held a season ticket as well as just those witha ticket this season and next.

That's what I'm driving at. But it won't happen because the club's never had a proper marketing department.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just strikes me as a bit of a no brainer. Yes if it's a sell out you could argue that 50 loyal fans won't get in but I think it's more like 50 people who don't attend or can't be bothered to try.

Mrs TOW wanted to go to Take That at Wembley, did I think about getting the tickets when released?, no ... so quite rightly I had to swallow the 5 times face value it cost us to get two tickets ... along with hundreds if not thousands of others.

As the season goes on the club could make a tidy sum from something along these lines?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This away fan V STH row comes up every time something's oversubscribed.

The fact is that every club in the country gives priority to STH's, it's just how things are done, and always have been done, and always will be done. If you don't understand that then you need a f***ing brain transplant.

The "I get a ST to help the club" arguement is flawed as well. If your only motivation is to help swell the club coffers then why don't you make a monthly donation out of the goodness of your heart. I'd guess that at least 90% people get season tickets for either the discount, the convenience, or to be guaranteed the same seat.

I've got a ST again this year but over the past 5 years I've picked the big home games and gone to mainly away games. Why? Bacause that's what I enjoy doing. The club isn't a charity, following a football team more like a leasure activity, albeit a very unique one. Would you pay to go and play golf every week if you didn't enjoy doing it?

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
what a surprise, season ticket holder's first, what about us fan's that travel far & wide & spend far more money than our so called loyal supporters. I know at least 4 STH that have not been to an away game for year's :censored:. PISSES ME OFF.

FFS same old hackneyed, bloody argument comes up every bloody time!
Get this please....SOMEONE HAS TO BE FIRST!

jeez:angry:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
SAKE! It's not like the club are saying non-season ticket holders won't get in, merely that the first choice of seats will go to those who pay the best part of £500 up front every year. Like any business, they have to look after their premium customers.

Everyone else will still get in, and will still have perfectly good seats. Surely if you turn up once in a while you don' seriously expect a particular seat to be reserved for you? STHs have always held reserved seats at clubs, and always will. Everyone else takes what they can get.

STAY CALM AND CARRY ON.

The "I get a ST to help the club" arguement is flawed as well. If your only motivation is to help swell the club coffers then why don't you make a monthly donation out of the goodness of your heart. I'd guess that at least 90% people get season tickets for either the discount, the convenience, or to be guaranteed the same seat.

I think you're being a bit harsh on STH's here; it's not an argument in any sense, flawed or otherwise. Some of us buy a season ticket primarily in order to support the club financially - eg I normally don't get to more than a dozen home games per season but supporting the club is something I've done since I was six years old (1960) and support (imo) is not just about turning up to games (home or away). Maybe there is also an element of guilt because, in hindsight, supporters of my age could/should have spotted and reacted to the club's steady demise, well before Archer et al appeared on the scene. Despite the Albion's success during his tenure, Mike Bamber has some responsibilty for this.
Being a member of Sussex CCC is exactly the same for me; it's something I choose to spend my money on and I cannot envisage ever cancelling either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here