Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Secure your seat at Falmer

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well done did you work that out all by your self. :tosser:

I, and everyone reading your posts, will have worked out what you are. Well done. You've just embarrassed yourself in public. Probably not the first time though, eh? Or the last.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
what a surprise, season ticket holder's first, what about us fan's that travel far & wide & spend far more money than our so called loyal supporters. I know at least 4 STH that have not been to an away game for year's :censored:. PISSES ME OFF.

why would the club be interested in you if you choose not to attend home games (which reading between the lines you don't, my bad if you do) which they make money from? I'm not a STH but go when I can and don't expect any special treatment from the club

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sorry, if I did not make myself clear. REGULAR visitors to Withdean (20+ games a season). Or do they not know how to work a database? Would it not be wise for the club to try and attract further season ticket holders?

I stopped going at the end of October (apart from the odd game now and then), having been to 90% + of all Withdean ties. Did the club contact me as to why I have stopped going? No. Wouldn't it be valuable information to the club as to why people have dropped out? Would it be difficult to mail a questionnaire to those persons or send an offer to coax them back?

It's a very good and valid point BoF. I have not had a seaon ticket for the last few years, simply because I couldn't afford the initial outlay. I have however only missed a handful of games in the last few years.

I really wanted to get a season ticket this year for the very reason this thread is all about, and fortunately for me, it coincided with the decision to extend the payment terms.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Surely they're talking about season ticket holders NEXT season, not this one? The hard hat days are in May 2011, not May 2010 according to the OP.

Also, will the Alive + Kicking contributors be invited to choose the seat that will have their name on? I'm sure they're not all season ticket holders....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hardly say Falmer will be a free for all are they. Of course it will be season ticket holders first.
With 22k seats anyone that has an issue with this is being a nob

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
...... spend far more money than our so called loyal supporters.........
You might spend plenty of money but the club gets none of it. I am sure the team appreciate the vocal support at away games but financially it is worth zilch to the club. Season ticket holders contribute the cash that keeps the club afloat ,particularly during the close season, so it is in the club's interest to look after them.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I don't understand what all the fuss is about. There will be 22,000 + seats all with unobstructed views and only 4,000 people who currently qualify for first come first served, so the rest will have to squabble about for the remaining 18,000+ seats, Oh what will they do?

The chances are a few more thousand will buy a season ticket next season, for just that reason, but still there will be many thousands spare for folks like BOF.

The fact is, those that pay their money up front are worth more to the club those that pay week by week, plus it's easy to maintain.

Having said that, the club should certainly be looking to contact previous STH to try and encourage them to rejoin. I guess that they are hoping the "feel good" factor right now will do that job for them.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
can i still get a season ticket for this season?

Yes, you can order online, and even pick your seat! not sure what ones are still left, but only 4,000 are taken, so there will certainly be room for your good self.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Generally speaking, Falmer will be about people who want to go to home games. Away games will not be played there.

Tooting, I have to say that is a top post! nearly spat my beer out on the screen! :lol:

I salute you sir!

(BTW I had a season ticket for 6 years. let it drop. I'll be getting one soon!)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, you can order online, and even pick your seat! not sure what ones are still left, but only 4,000 are taken, so there will certainly be room for your good self.

Problem is I'd like one in the North Stand to sit with my friends but I can't get one for love nor money!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
what a surprise, season ticket holder's first, what about us fan's that travel far & wide & spend far more money than our so called loyal supporters. I know at least 4 STH that have not been to an away game for year's :censored:. PISSES ME OFF.

what pisses you off? the fact that you never give money to the club but to rival clubs?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I gave up my ST like PAsty because it was an expensive outlay, coupled wityh the fact I was busy and wasting the tickets ( couldn't give them away at the time!)

I'm looking forward to the day I can decide to go to a home match on the Saturday morning . . . like it was at the Goldstone, turn up, pay on the door. If I get/got work done Sat AM and feel like a shout in the afternoon I can get up and go . . . . the lack of spontinaeity (sp?) has tken some of the fun away for me as well.

Also, cash on the gate must be good for the club . . . the tax man doesn't need to see it all does he ;-)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

So let me see if I understand this. You and your travelling companions who have decided to stay away from Withdean in favour of giving your money to (and strengthening) our rivals-whatever division we are in now think you should be treated the same (or better) than STH's in seat allocations at Falmer?

You're not very bright are you?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
If you're NOT a season ticket holder, what is the point of the Club inviting you to select a particular seat at Falmer?

Is that a seat that you expect to be kept empty on the off-chance that you might decide to drag yourself up to the stadium, should you find yourself not in the mood for shopping?

I see age isn't making you any less curmudgeonly Lord B. Did you get out the wrong side of the four-poster this morning????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here