Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second red card for Virgo. Is he useless?

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Virgo gets a second red card of the season for what appears to be a clumsy challenge which he didn't need to do which means he misses the next four games (Charlton, Exeter, Colchester and Swindon).

So is Virgo clumsy, stupid or rubbish? Does he have a defenders mentality? e.g. does he have a defenders skill and mentality and he was just unlucky, or is he just rubbish and not able to become a top defender at this level?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Predictable to be honest. I said to my mate earlier today, Virgs is going to get sent off. I wish id gone to the bookies.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ive not seen it, but commentary felt the Leeds players had a lot to do with the refs. decision, no doubt I will be proved wrong

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
His defending has been amateurish at times this season.
I wouldn't say he is useless, I'm sure there is something he must be good at?

I guess amateurish could be used to describe his defending, but Poyet and Tarricio see something in Virgo that is worth keeping him in the heart of the defence with Elphick. What it is, I have no clue.

However, is he hot-headed? Does he really know what he is doing? Does he need an experienced defender (e.g. like Tank) to play with him to nuture the best out of him or would it be a lost cause?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wasn't he motm until he was sent off? The red sounded a harsh decision as well, I hope the club appeal it.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I think Virgo needs to be replaced by an experienced player rather than play next to one.
Virgo is an experienced player, I think he dives in because he knows once a player gets past him he's in trouble due to his lack of pace.
I was unable to speak after his howler against Millwall.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I think Virgo needs to be replaced by an experienced player rather than play next to one.
Virgo is an experienced player, I think he dives in because he knows once a player gets past him he's in trouble due to his lack of pace.
I was unable to speak after his howler against Millwall.

what is a experienced player then? Virgo has played championship and SPL football (including the Glasgow derby)

ashlehh

Mar 30, 2009
Leicester
personally I think the ref made a harsh decision! It hasn't been the first time we have played Leeds and they have got a sneaky draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here