Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sebastian Ribas ?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Found this as well though:

The trainer of AS Monaco Claudio Ranieri said this morning that he is following Ribas. Brighton (English D2) would also be on the ranks after Monaco- from 13 July

Sounds like we were interested at least

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Ribas was one of the worst signing we have ever had. Useless.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Only just signed (this close season) an eighteen month loan deal with SportingCP from Genoa having never played a game for them after his move from Dijon.

Not wishing to be a party pooper but if we were interested might we have had some discussion before he went to Sporting...? Unless of course he hasn't actually signed for Sporting but is being passed around on trial? Wouldn't be the first (or last) time a wiki page had been altered and wasn't entirely accurate.

That aside he looks okay and possibly someone who would come here and not get precious about not being in the starting XI every week.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There goes that one then.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Not sure this is true, according to his facebook page, looks like he signed for Monaco 17.7.12

He has, it was true that we were after him though.

Maybe the club wanted to loan him and we wanted to buy him?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Shame because I had the perfect song for him. Get this, it's to the tune of the Kurt Nogan song from 20 frikin years ago.

Ribas, Ri-Ri Ribas, Ri-Ri Ribas, Ri-Ri-Ri-Ri Ribas...

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
No bullshit I *just* signed him for £2m on FM12. He's an absolute monster in the air and got 16/17 for finishing & strength too. Any chance he's partnering Thomas Sorum up top, formerly of Helsingborgs? They're a dynamite partnership, trust me. ;-)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Brian Owen just confirmed it to me. He's history, earning a tax-free wage. Monaco have got a big advantage on wages.

Hope you hadn't changed his Wiki entry :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here