Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seats at Charlton

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Based on what happened last season, are we able to sit where we choose at Charlton in two weeks or will we be forced to sit in the allocated one?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If it's sold out then it'll probably be sit in your seat.

There will be some exceptions at the back of the stand though I expect.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Spent the entire game last season stood up "somewhere-near-ish" my allocated seat. It was in about the last three rows though.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
They'll try to make it allocated seats, but it wont be. As soon as someone is shown to there seat, if they dont like it they'll get up and move, as was the case last year. People will just sit where they want, those that want to stand and sing at the back, those who dont at the front, exactly like last year. I was one of the front 3 three rows last year but ended up near the back.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Was a brilliant atmosphere there last year as well. Being an evening game and winning possibly helped though :laugh:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
When I got to the ground last season the stewards said we had to sit in our seats, which we did but found the view was shite, right down the front with all the bobble hats, so we went up the back of the stand where there was plenty of room.

I certainly hope to not be sitting wherever I end up.

Last season we all just went anywhere, and stood the whole match. I was about level with the right hand post, towards the back of the first block.

Great game, several beers up on the train helped matters, follwed by the WIN, and banter across the tracks waiting at the station after the game.

:thumbsup:

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Great game, several beers up on the train helped matters, follwed by the WIN, and banter across the tracks waiting at the station after the game.

:thumbsup:

All of this.

I swear I saw the police on the oppostie platform laughting at our "you're too ugly to be gay" chant.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why is everyone talking about SITTING?!?! There will be very little sitting as per most away games I'm sure.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
All of this.

I swear I saw the police on the oppostie platform laughting at our "you're too ugly to be gay" chant.

Reminds me of the middle aged fat bloke who got offended by the "you fat bastard" song sung in jest, and started giving it large while his mate watched on embarrassed. In the end he decided to throw said kebab and chips towards the Brighton fans on the opposite platform, completely failing to clear the train line, before being taken away for a talking too by the old bill. :lolol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They'll try to make it allocated seats, but it wont be. As soon as someone is shown to there seat, if they dont like it they'll get up and move, as was the case last year. People will just sit where they want, those that want to stand and sing at the back, those who dont at the front, exactly like last year. I was one of the front 3 three rows last year but ended up near the back.

Was about five rows from the front last year but everyone was standing :thumbsup:

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
In my experience, and yes I know it seems common sense but the bigger the away following the more of the "Your sitting in my seat" problems occur. When you have just 400/500 that go to Tranmere or Carlisle say, it seems everyone knows the drill at away games and even if told to sit in the sit they are assigned know that if you want to sing/stand then go to the back, if not sit at the front. However when the less regular away travellers get a seat number they are more inclined to sit there regardless.

For example at Southampton last year a bloke told me to "move or I will move you myself" as he found me in his seat as he turned up 5 minutes in the first half despite me telling him that my seat had to alreadly been taken. It's not meant as a dig at people who turn up to 1 or 2 away games, anyone who travels to watch the Albion are alright in my book and the club needs all the support it can get. However it's slightly irritating that common sense doesn't previal during these situations, does it really matter if your not in the exact seat you are given?

In conclusion. Sit where you like at Charlton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here