Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Not Bothered

Votes: 36 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
yes indeed Notters there is room for middle ground, the point i'm continually failing to make is that we're not just going to the theatre here, it's not just any old seat in any old arena, It's something we've fought for, watched grow (like a baby, if you like) and claimed as our own, Do the same people that claim "it's not YOUR seat" also not say "when WE got promoted... " when WE got to the Cup Final" etc etc?

Yes, but going down that route, they are OUR seats, not yours, or mine for that matter.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
yes indeed Notters there is room for middle ground, the point i'm continually failing to make is that we're not just going to the theatre here, it's not just any old seat in any old arena, It's something we've fought for, watched grow (like a baby, if you like) and claimed as our own, Do the same people that claim "it's not YOUR seat" also not say "when WE got promoted... " when WE got to the Cup Final" etc etc?

So all Brighton fans have equal rights to sit in your seat then? You're just proving the point we're making!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
now we're going to head into the realms of the "how to order a coffee" thread, I'll continue to refer to it as 'my seat', the club can feel free to contact me if there is legal issue i'm in breach of.

There's plenty that refer to our seats as ours, my seat is mine, my sons is his and neither of us are overly happy that some Chelsea fan will be infecting our seats for this game :)

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Not sure where the personal attacks have come from, but the vast majority who have voted in this poll either think it's a good idea or aren't bothered by not being able to select their own seats. Seems like the club got it right from that

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder how many of those whingng that they can't sit in their own seat, sit where the f*** they like at away games with numbered seats and find it gay that people might want to sit in their numbered seats???

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I'm in row Y north stand (usually WSU). Can imagine someone refusing to leave "their seat" and getting start when we turn up. Looking forward to standing up for once though.

Me too. Block N1C. Sorry if I have taken anyones seat but some Chelsea Oink will be in my seat.

Not sure where the personal attacks have come from, but the vast majority who have voted in this poll either think it's a good idea or aren't bothered by not being able to select their own seats. Seems like the club got it right from that

i'm not talking about todays thread i'm talking about previous and like I said some are via PM (so sorry you're 'not sure') This might shatter your illusions a bit but 'the vast majority'? are you an MP? I would wager at least 95% of regular Albion match goers have never posted on here, I'd go so far to say 90% have never even read the board, have a count up, see how many diffrent people on here continually like the sound of their own voice (you can include me) see what vast number crops up.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
i'm not talking about todays thread i'm talking about previous and like I said some are via PM (so sorry you're 'not sure') This might shatter your illusions a bit but 'the vast majority'? are you an MP? I would wager at least 95% of regular Albion match goers have never posted on here, I'd go so far to say 90% have never even read the board, have a count up, see how many diffrent people on here continually like the sound of their own voice (you can include me) see what vast number crops up.

You missed the bit where I said "vast majority who have voted in this poll". Of course I don't think 61 people represent the entirety of our fans :facepalm:. But it gives an indication that a lot aren't fussed by moving for a game or two.

Giving any personal abuse on here is pathetic, especially if they feel the need to do it via PM. Not disgareeing there.

I wonder how many of those whingng that they can't sit in their own seat, sit where the f*** they like at away games with numbered seats and find it gay that people might want to sit in their numbered seats???

firstly, i'm not whinging, i'm having a discussion on the basis of the feelling of ownership/being part of a club blah blah, so away matches for me are a diffrent kettle of fish, I don't go out the way to antagonise people at away matches so i don't deliberately sit in the wrong seat, but I couldnt give a shit if someone's in the seat with my ticket number, like ive mentioned before I was in the Holmsdale for the scum match, that certainly wasn't "my" seat!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I would wager at least 95% of regular Albion match goers have never posted on here, I'd go so far to say 90% have never even read the board, have a count up, see how many diffrent people on here continually like the sound of their own voice (you can include me) see what vast number crops up.

I've not agreed with everything you've said, but I can agree with you on this!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If STHs in WSU/ESU and SW Corner cant sit in their own seats then it isnt really fair for WSL/North/East to be able to.

My seats been bought already as i cant get a ticket yet, havent got a problem with it and it means i can try somewhere else out !

I've gotta go now, i've enjoyed myself, In conclusion I just feel it's more than just a piece of plastic but if I missed out on "my" seat because it's gone to someone from the WSU or someone from the North wants to sample the Beverley Hills that is the East Stand, then so be it, however I will go somewhere a long way from it and yes, i'll be in "someone else's" seat. The situation will then be (not as emotionally charged i'm sure but i'm trying to make a point!) like, let's say, your girlfriend, someone's shagged them in the past but there's no real reason to find out who they are or indeed what it was like! so if you do ever end up in "my" seat at a cup match, just don't tell me about it (and it'll never cross my mind)! Regards Adam

If STHs in WSU/ESU and SW Corner cant sit in their own seats then it isnt really fair for WSL/North/East to be able to.

that effectively is the case (I believe) first come first served, but when you put it like that it sounds like* the whinging block H used to make telling the stewards to make the away fans sit down despite the South Stand being the best view in football and the away end half a mile from the pitch.

(*actually it doesn't sound like it at all)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here