Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Not Bothered

Votes: 36 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
See I'm of the opinion that that's total bollocks. Having got my ST this season, I feel entitled to the seat that I chose. We pay a lot of money for what we get, and I think that for the Pre Season Games, a lot of new (and returning) fans want to get the opportunity to sit in their bought and paid for seat. I do feel a sense of ownership, and I feel honestly that the club has gone on a bit of a cash grab for this game, with the price, and giving up some of (IMO) the best seats in the house for the "visitors". I'm not going to bother with a ticket for the game for these reasons alone. My big concern is that we draw a big name in one of the cups and the club do exactly the same thing in the name of profit.

You can always buy "your" seat for cup
games.

Read the season ticket t's and c's

It's all explained in there.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Well I can't get my seat in the WSU, and I'm not all that happy about it tbh. What was the explanation given for why this has been done?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
You might sit in it every week, but it's not YOUR seat.

Get over it.

Exactly this. Laughable how protective people are over a bloody seat for a friendly!

Out of interest - is it the same arrangements for the Reading game? i.e. Reading fans in the WSU?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
that's your opinion but to me this club has always been 'mine', MY pre match drinking ritual, MY route to MY stadium, MY turnstile, MY bog, MY same queue, MY block MY seat MY team, in MY opinion not claiming a piece of the club as your own lacks passion in the same way some on here try to dismiss the palace rivalry, It sometimes makes my piss boil, that's all, just sayin like.

Jesus. I think you need to get out more. Maybe try some new things.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
See I'm of the opinion that that's total bollocks. Having got my ST this season, I feel entitled to the seat that I chose. We pay a lot of money for what we get, and I think that for the Pre Season Games, a lot of new (and returning) fans want to get the opportunity to sit in their bought and paid for seat. I do feel a sense of ownership, and I feel honestly that the club has gone on a bit of a cash grab for this game, with the price, and giving up some of (IMO) the best seats in the house for the "visitors". I'm not going to bother with a ticket for the game for these reasons alone. My big concern is that we draw a big name in one of the cups and the club do exactly the same thing in the name of profit.

Then you would be wrong. We pay the going rate and the seat is ours for every league game and we get first option on cup games, that's what we all signed up for and that's what we get.

Chelsea only have those seats because the East and South are shut for building works, it's a one off.

that's your opinion but to me this club has always been 'mine', MY pre match drinking ritual, MY route to MY stadium, MY turnstile, MY bog, MY same queue, MY block MY seat MY team, in MY opinion not claiming a piece of the club as your own lacks passion in the same way some on here try to dismiss the palace rivalry, It sometimes makes my piss boil, that's all, just sayin like.

If the whole lot is yours then go and sit in your other 22,000 bloody seats for a game then, it's not the end of the world and it's not going to hurt anyone.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but our fans are like primary school children sometimes. I remember arguing with another kid about sitting in my seat when I was about 8, and even then it seemed like it was slightly childish and beneath me :nono:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This really is quite hilarious, it's a pre-season friendly FFS, if anything you should be quite pleased you might get to try out a different seat. If I was going I probably would have chosen a seat in a different stand anyway.

On a scale of 1 to 100 where 100 is things that actually matter I reckon this is at about 2.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
This really is quite hilarious, it's a pre-season friendly FFS, if anything you should be quite pleased you might get to try out a different seat. If I was going I probably would have chosen a seat in a different stand anyway.

On a scale of 1 to 100 where 100 is things that actually matter I reckon this is at about 2.

What's 1?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Funniest post ever on NSC?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If anybody wants my normal NS seat they are welcome to try it, please be careful as it still looks brand new as it only gets sat in for a few minutes each game. I'm sorry if I have taken your normal seat but I fancied a different view from the ns and always wanted to sign "we're the left side" instead of my usual "we're the right side".

I do feel sorry for those kicked out of WSU and hope those nasty chelsea fans don't poo on your seat.

Do you think the Chelsea fans will join in with "We're the west stand"

Funniest post ever on NSC?

possibly, I could rewrite it you prefer, here goes "I drink in any old shithole on a saturday lunchtime as who my fellow drinkers are have no relevence, then get a taxi on my own, to some blot on the landscape, some old pile of bricks and concrete if you prefer, go in early as I don't like the company of the strangers I might have to queue with, piss in the sink, sit on any old bit of plastic I can as again sitting near people youve got to know is an excersise in futility to watch 22 overpaid men kick a bag of wind about for 90 minutes, I usually cheer for the team that scores first though, I quite like Christal Palace as they have a nice kit and their fans sing nice songs and they smash up toilets that are in a building that I have no feeling for whatsoever then skulk off home before the end so I can get in front of a computer screen and scream 'fixtures' at bigger boys as they don't know who I am"

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
possibly, I could rewrite it you prefer, here goes "I drink in any old shithole on a saturday lunchtime as who my fellow drinkers are have no relevence, then get a taxi on my own, to some blot on the landscape, some old pile of bricks and concrete if you prefer, go in early as I don't like the company of the strangers I might have to queue with, piss in the sink, sit on any old bit of plastic I can as again sitting near people youve got to know is an excersise in futility to watch 22 overpaid men kick a bag of wind about for 90 minutes, I usually cheer for the team that scores first though, I quite like Christal Palace as they have a nice kit and their fans sing nice songs and they smash up toilets that are in a building that I have no feeling for whatsoever then skulk off home before the end so I can get in front of a computer screen and scream 'fixtures' at bigger boys as they don't know who I am"

Is there no room for a middle ground here? For example people who like a number of Brighton's fine pubs and like to drink in several of them, or people who have a number of friends and family who go to football and they may meet with different ones for different matches?

Are you seriously saying that because I sometimes get the train to the match and arrive at 1.30, but other times I walk and arrive at 2 (possibly even using a different turnstile) that I love the Albion less?

Is there no room for a middle ground here? For example people who like a number of Brighton's fine pubs and like to drink in several of them, or people who have a number of friends and family who go to football and they may meet with different ones for different matches?

yes indeed Notters there is room for middle ground, the point i'm continually failing to make is that we're not just going to the theatre here, it's not just any old seat in any old arena, It's something we've fought for, watched grow (like a baby, if you like) and claimed as our own, Do the same people that claim "it's not YOUR seat" also not say "when WE got promoted... " when WE got to the Cup Final" etc etc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here