Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season's biggest disappointment so far - Nicky Forster

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I was expecting a lot from him. Expectations were high. Proven goal scorer, etc. etc.

What have we got so far? Two goals, not much else. He was poor last night again.

A number of people have said he needs the ball to his feet. OK, so why don't we play it to him that way? If we're going to continue to hoof it upfield, then we need a player who can win the ball in the air. That person is NOT Nicky Forster.

Bottom line is this. If we're going to continue to play the way we are then drop him and put Nathan Elder up front with Revell. Good in the air and knows how to score goals.

If he's going to keep his place then we'd better change the way we play.

Continuing as is is not the way forward.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think he will be a very good buy for us, just wait and see

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
A number of people have said he needs the ball to his feet. OK, so why don't we play it to him that way?

Your guess is as good as anyone elses, I think everyone can see he needs to ball to his feet. Like you say we might aswell play Revell and Savage up front as long ball football is completely pointless when playing Forster. Pointless decision signing him and even more pointless playing him if thats our game plan.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He wasn't bad last night. Brilliant run for the second goal.

The Albion fans have always loved an all-action tryer over one with any craft or guile. See Chapman, Crumplin, Cullip, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Revell works SO hard that anyone next to him looks lazy at times, which is refelecting on Forster at the moment.

Will come good, do not fear.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
He wasn't bad last night. Brilliant run for the second goal.

thought he gave the best performance i have seen from him in the second half - coincidentally when we pushed the midfield further forward, meaning the front two werent isolated and played the ball on the ground

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What he said. It's the first week of october and we are mid-table thanks to TEAM performances. Why do so many feel the need to slate our players/ manager/ board?

Because they're CACKBADGERS?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Two goals and three assists (so far) is not a bad return for a £75k striker who is bedding down in a new team. It could have been more goals, but he is going to have to keep plugging away.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Two goals and three assists (so far) is not a bad return for a £75k striker who is bedding down in a new team. It could have been more goals, but he is going to have to keep plugging away.

THREE goals.*

*if you include the opener against Brizzle on Saturday. :thumbsup:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
he did ok last nite espcially when we started putting balls in the channels for him

did well with his movement for the 1st goal and did fantastic to make the second

good knows what would happen if we spent some decent money on a player
he would be slated before going on the pitch

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
the most disappointing thing this season, Forster? No frigging way, it's the MOANING and WHINGING that's disappointed me the most

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
id say, given the season he had last year, that hammond is the most disapointing thing

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
another shite thread , forster was good last night and set up the goal.

Did he win one ball in the air? Not that I recall. Strikers (even those that need the ball at their feet) should be able to win some high balls ... unless they're the same height as Leon or Jakey

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am really sorry to disagree with everyone but I am getting quite pissed off about the amount of flak being levelled at Hammond.

He is only a young lad with responsibility for being captain as well and is doing a really good job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here