Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seasoned Away Travellers of te 80's and 90's

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
My names Ian and I used to travel home and away with the Albion from about 1989-1997. Nearly always on the train. We always used to be in the pub of the destination town by about 10.30 every time! I seem to remember it was the 6.17 from Brighton that we mainly frequented. I have so many memories of the most obscure away games one could remember- including the 'tinnies in a locker record' which was 88 (set at Stoke station (Port Vale 1990))
Are there any old timers around. My nickname was 'Eeyore'. Im going tomorrow (dont really get any chance to watch Albion nowadays). It brings back old memories.

P.s When we did go on the supporters coach and were found singing choruses of 'Nellie the Elephant' up the back at around 9pm on the m25 it had nothing to do with flouting the alchohol ban....honestly Ms Costa....:angel:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hello, i also havnt shown any particular interest in the club in the last 10 years, but once i saw we were playing villa it all came flooding back!

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Obviously it would be much better if the only people "allowed" to go were those who have attended every game for the last ten years... :facepalm:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
there are some dicks on here.

So the cup draw and circumstances have won back a supporter. Why is that a bad thing?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
there are some dicks on here.

So the cup draw and circumstances have won back a supporter. Why is that a bad thing?

"WON BACK A SUPPORTER" ????

If he's at Stockport on Tuesday, great, I'll buy him a Bovril, shake his hand and say welcome back. But will we see him again before the next "big one". My "bet" is we won't, so he's a Glory hunting big game Charlie.

FACT

IKDRF

May 1, 2009

If he's at Stockport on Tuesday, great, I'll buy him a Bovril, shake his hand and say welcome back. But will we see him again before the next "big one". My "bet" is we won't, so he's a Glory hunting big game Charlie.

FACT

Well you see some people grow up, have families and other commitments you see. Will you be leaving a wife and children and some unpaid bills at home when you go to Stockport on Tuesday? Failing that some people dont earn as much money as others.

I think I earnt my stripes all those years ago mate

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

FACT

what a load of BOLLOCKS

you will presumably only be happy to "fill" Falmer with those 2,000 fans who have supported ablion home and away for 35 consecutive years only

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here