Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season tickets

that is the idea of having a roving ticket in an unreserved part of the ground...say the stand behind the goal ( as I said in my first post). Your ST entitles you to come into the ground and into that stand...you sit where you like....in the samne way as what happens in most of the away grounds we go to.

Dave, sounds like a good idea.
But you quote how this works at away grounds, I'm not so sure that is does work like that.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think that every away ticket has a seat and row number on it, it just depends on how anal the away stewards and club are in policing the seating policy.
Some away games that I have been to we have been told to go to our allocated seat, others have said sit where you want even though you have a seat number.
Once at Norwich away a few years back you had one steward saying sit where you like and others telling people to go to their seats! Which caused quite a few problems!
Give us safe standing and this problem would be solved!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Could the club not drop the travel voucher? I know they are tied in with the council due to the parking restrictions. But maybe the club could say.

A/ Season ticket @ £400 which includes travel vouchers and a rattle

B/ Season ticket @ £200 and thats ya lot. Not even a thank you letter. You know what I mean, no bells and whistles as such.

Is that a serious post or not? Well the problem there would be that NO-ONE would buy option A.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We all want safe standing but know that it is unlikely to happen.

I realise that & as an ideal world its a good idea , what Im getting at is be it first come first served or not if someone has been sitting in what they regard as a better seat for several matches there is a good possibility they will get the hump when someone else beats them to it.
Remember there was no reserved spots on the Goldstone terraces but some people got the right arse if you stood in "their place"

Well it doesn't matter then does it? You have just said it used to happen at the Goldstone, so does it really matter if it happens at Withdean or Falmer, I say tough f***ing shit. If you can't get there early enough you will lose your favourite seat won't you?

We all want safe standing but know that it is unlikely to happen.

Yes but one day, one day football administrators may find some commonsense again?!!!
If they can do it in Germany then we can bloody do it here!

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Personally I Think They Should Make The North Stand A Bit Cheaper And The South Stand If Anything A Bit More Expensive. Afterall, That Appears To Be Where All The Atmosphere Is And There Should Be A Premium To Be Paid For That.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
I was a STH with 2 others, we all gave up last season. I've been to 10 games this season, 3 with my daughter, and have yet to pay full price for a tkt. Always spares somewhere, I was offered 1 for Tues for £10 but this must make me a bad fan, Champions League in the warm and dry won. That and going to the Emirates last night. My 2 friends have been to less than 10 games between them in these 2 seasons! If the club offered a ST next season for £200-£250 I'd snap it up, irrespective of Withdean being shit and in all probability Mick and Neill would too.

A full or near to capacity Withdean does occasionally generate an atmosphere,which can only encourage the team. An empty 1 is dispiriting, especially as you can hear every single whinger. An extra £3k on the support will also have the bonus for the club of increased matchday expenditure on progs, dogs, drinks, merchandise etc etc. Without an incentive of some degree for next season, crowds will definitely be below £4k, of that I've no doubt and the major factor in that is not necessarily the cost, but the fact EVERYONE I speak to hates Withdean with a passion.

For what it's worth, I think the club missed a massive trick this week. With it being half term, it should have been kids for a quid with an adult paying £15 throughout the ground. Might have increased the gate by 1,500.....

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I know the club is probably sick of us lot coming up with ever more simplistic solutions to a problem that is not as straightforward as it might seem. However, here's another one.

From 1st March we have seven home games left (six if you exclude Gillingham which is already sold out, I think). Of those fixtures, only one is likely to attract a decent crowd (Swansea, last day of the season, assuming Swansea bring a few to celebrate their promotion). So why doesn't the club offer a special deal for these games. For example:

1. A family ticket for all six games (2 adults/2 kids, or 1 adult/3 kids) at (say) £149;
2. A "Mates" ticket where if you buy one full priced ticket you can buy up to 3 additional tickets at (say) £10 each.

There are loads of permutations on this theme, and as a STH I have to say I couldn't give a monkeys if people get in for nothing in the next two months - I just don't want to have to go to Withdean with 4,350 people there and zero atmosphere!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The club shot themselves in the foot this season because they only dropped the price of a season ticket by 5% (BIG DEAL) wasn't worth doing and they promptly lost 1000+ of the average gate from last season.
They've now got a rather big dilemma because similiar numbers will now fall away again at the end of this season if there is not a more substantial chunk taken off the price or more offers are made....Maybe buy 1 adult at 350 and get a junior for 100 would help

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here