Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season tickets

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I think one suggestion that I heard which is a pretty good one was that you could buy a Roving ST for the stand behind the goal......in other words, it is not seat specific ( which I think should be looked at at Falmer) but instead allowed you to take a mate/family etc and be able to sit by them.

With my current ST, if any of my mates were feeling specifically motivated to come along, they would end up down one end of the pitch and me the other.....having a roving ticket should alleviate that.
On another point, I would be interested to know just what the overall %age of home receipts are actually merchandising, food etc. I wouldn't have thought it was that huge.

Thats not strictly true. Last week my brother came in addition to our 2 season tickets. When we booked the tickets the man in the office was happy to move our seats in order to sit together. In fact it wasn't at all necessary because it was empty around us, but the option was there if it was going to be busier.

Roving season ticket would be good because it means all the people who want to sing/shout/make atmosphere can group together (like what happens at away matches), but surely one of the perks of a season ticket has always been that you can garantee a your seat for every match and not have to face a scrum to get a good view? Plus if we did ever sell out it would cause a lot of hassle for latecomers.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Let's face it - there's currently a bit of a recession going on. Everything is going up from Council tax to petrol and there's less available cash cos nobody's going to get huge pay inceases (if any at all). When all is said and done football season tickets are a bit of a luxury - food on the table and perhaps a beer down the pub with your mates is more important than 90 minutes at Withdean every other week

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Thats not strictly true. Last week my brother came in addition to our 2 season tickets. When we booked the tickets the man in the office was happy to move our seats in order to sit together. In fact it wasn't at all necessary because it was empty around us, but the option was there if it was going to be busier.

That game (Tranmere) and tomorrows game have been promoted as bring someone else and sit together games (half price for your 'guest').

I don't think they would apply that (moving seats) for other games :shrug:

Thats not strictly true. Last week my brother came in addition to our 2 season tickets. When we booked the tickets the man in the office was happy to move our seats in order to sit together.
Our experience last week as well.

No need, of course, since the Nobby Nomates who make up the Bracknell posse have had a WHOLE ROW to ourselves for most games played during the last two years.

It's one reason to watch the Albion - there's more space around us at Withdean than there is when MOTD is on the telly, when it sometimes gets a bit crowded and people stand up and ruin the view.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Let's face it - there's currently a bit of a recession going on. Everything is going up from Council tax to petrol and there's less available cash cos nobody's going to get huge pay inceases (if any at all). When all is said and done football season tickets are a bit of a luxury - food on the table and perhaps a beer down the pub with your mates is more important than 90 minutes at Withdean every other week

That's about the crux of the matter. When people are being urged to swop electricity companies for savings of fifty quid a year or something, there's one hell of an instant saving to be made in not buying a season ticket to the Albion. Plus the non-renewer can easily justify it by telling themselves they'll just pay on a match-by-match basis.

I like DTG's idea of the "roving" season ticket. Thats a very good shout buying a ticket for a stand as oposed to a specific seat. This would then enable more flexibility when a STH wants to take an occasional fan along, or a son/daughter to the odd game now and then and still be able to actually sit with them at the game.

Maybe the South Stand 'wings' could also accommodate the "Roving Season Tickets" (say blocks A & B and H & J). Sit where ya like, and anyone who buys a single ticket for any of those blocks can also sit where they want within those blocks.

Why WOULDN'T this work ?

And what happens when two peope are sitting in the same seat, one with a seat numbered ticket and one with a "roving" season tocket which alllows them to sit in the seat

And what happens when two peope are sitting in the same seat, one with a seat numbered ticket and one with a "roving" season tocket which alllows them to sit in the seat

I think the proposal is for certain blocks to be available only for "rover" tickets - either season tickets or single purchase. Hence, there would be no seat numbered tickets in these blocks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

that is the idea of having a roving ticket in an unreserved part of the ground...say the stand behind the goal ( as I said in my first post). Your ST entitles you to come into the ground and into that stand...you sit where you like....in the samne way as what happens in most of the away grounds we go to.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
and what happens if someone has a roving ticket & have managed to sit in the same seat for 22 games then someone else turns up earlier for the 23rd game & claims that seat, dont you think some people might get a bit touchy?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
and what happens if someone has a roving ticket & have managed to sit in the same seat for 22 games then someone else turns up earlier for the 23rd game & claims that seat, dont you think some people might get a bit touchy?

erm...is that not the whole idea of a "roving ticket"...in that you sit anywhere

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
what I'm pointing out , sarcky, is that some people will regard a seat as theirs by right if they've been sitting in it for several games in a row wether its a roving ticket or not. sorry for finding such an obvious flaw in your otherwise brilliant idea.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
what I'm pointing out , sarcky, is that some people will regard a seat as theirs by right if they've been sitting in it for several games in a row wether its a roving ticket or not. sorry for finding such an obvious flaw in your otherwise brilliant idea.

You cannot claim a seat as permanently yours if its in the "roving stand" - thats the whole point. Its first come first serve - you want to sit in the same seat, make sure you get there early enough to claim it, or buy a season ticket in a non-roving area. Simple really.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

apology accepted.:lol::lol::lol:

I wasnt being sarky, I was merely suggesting that as the stand is unreserved, then someone cannot be " sat in my seat".

There are no doubt various flaws which no doubt the management of the club will let us know what they are and why they cant do it.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
You cannot claim a seat as permanently yours if its in the "roving stand" - thats the whole point. Its first come first serve - you want to sit in the same seat, make sure you get there early enough to claim it, or buy a season ticket in a non-roving area. Simple really.

I realise that & as an ideal world its a good idea , what Im getting at is be it first come first served or not if someone has been sitting in what they regard as a better seat for several matches there is a good possibility they will get the hump when someone else beats them to it.
Remember there was no reserved spots on the Goldstone terraces but some people got the right arse if you stood in "their place"

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
That would be like moaning that someone has taken your regular spot on a train, despite having never reserved that particular seat:thud::thumbsup:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
That would be like moaning that someone has taken your regular spot on a train, despite having never reserved that particular seat:thud::thumbsup:

exactly, but you can bet it happens.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I realise that & as an ideal world its a good idea , what Im getting at is be it first come first served or not if someone has been sitting in what they regard as a better seat for several matches there is a good possibility they will get the hump when someone else beats them to it.
Remember there was no reserved spots on the Goldstone terraces but some people got the right arse if you stood in "their place"

And ?
How many punch-ups were there at the Goldstone as a result of someone "standing in my spot" ? I think we can trust the overwhelming majority of fans to understand the concept that a Rover season ticket means they are not GUARANTEED that same seat for every game. And if anyone does start acting the tosser over it, well...thats what STEWARDS are there for.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think we've already introduced roving season tickets. I mean, I can sprint for about twenty metres along Block H Row F most games without let or hindrance.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
The other problem is that the Albion will still have to stump up around £70 a season ticket for the transport element that is built into the price. And don't forget VAT.

A £200 season ticket delivers only about £100 to the football club.

A £400 season ticket delivers about £270 to the club.

Could the club not drop the travel voucher? I know they are tied in with the council due to the parking restrictions. But maybe the club could say.

A/ Season ticket @ £400 which includes travel vouchers and a rattle

B/ Season ticket @ £200 and thats ya lot. Not even a thank you letter. You know what I mean, no bells and whistles as such.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here