Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Tickets Upload.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Any idea when the games will be loaded onto our cards? Thankyou in advance.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
You cant use it untill the seasons starts so does it matter as long as there for first game???

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Why do you need to know? I have absolute faith in the fact that they wil be uploaded in good time. There may be a bit of a rumpus if not.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Ask a simple question & get bombarded with idiots :shrug:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You'll know because your card will feel a bit heavier

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
How the hell could they get loaded onto your card anyway? Does your card have wi-fi or something? When you put it in the machine it reads your ID and compares it with data held on computer. This is a bit like asking when money gets loaded onto your debit card.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How the hell could they get loaded onto your card anyway? Does your card have wi-fi or something? When you put it in the machine it reads your ID and compares it with data held on computer. This is a bit like asking when money gets loaded onto your debit card.

To be fair there was a self proclaimed computer expert on here a while ago who said they did get uploaded and it happenned when you went through the turnstyle at the first game - Better get there REALLY early

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Maybe it works the same like the Key card does on the buses? You buy all the tickets online but they're not live on your card until you hold the card against the reader, then your products get updated on the card and you can use them.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Maybe it works the same like the Key card does on the buses? You buy all the tickets online but they're not live on your card until you hold the card against the reader, then your products get updated on the card and you can use them.

No it works as was stated earlier. The season ticket card number is compared against the central data base each time you swipe it at the turnstile. If you've paid your monthly sub it lets you in, if you haven't it tells you to go forth and multiply.

Mind you the OP shouldn't be castgated too much. A neighbour of mine refused to use the sat nav in his car because he didn't want the government to know where he was going. I explained that the sat nav only received signals from the GPS sats and didn't send them but he still wasn't convinced.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
What seems to happen, judging what's going on on my account, is that when tickets for games go on sale, then those games are placed in your account as if you had bought a ticket. I say that because when I log in to the ticketing website I can see the Cardiff and Barnsley games are there, but only those two. Plus a load of annoying "test" records that they ought to get rid of. So your season ticket is just a more enduring version of a paper matchday ticket and works the same way.

Last edited:

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Mine has been done but I'm in the 1901 and we are not being issued paper tickets for Saturdays game

bha100

Aug 25, 2011

Wrong, the smartcard has a chip inbedded called MIFARE DESFire,a game would need to be loaded to the chip and will be activated when your card passes through the electromagnetic field compatible with ISO/IEC 14443 type A.

Mifare

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Okay maybe i worded it wrong, what i mean is when i log onto my account it should list all of the games, at the moment it just say's test 5.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Wrong, the smartcard has a chip inbedded called MIFARE DESFire,a game would need to be loaded to the chip and will be activated when your card passes through the electromagnetic field compatible with ISO/IEC 14443 type A.

Mifare
So you're saying that the turnstile machines run two completely different systems for smartcards and paper tickets?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Okay maybe i worded it wrong, what i mean is when i log onto my account it should list all of the games, at the moment it just say's test 5.
Mine shows Cardiff and Barnsley, as do the rest of my family's - so maybe you need to ask the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here