Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Tickets Upload.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
So you're saying that the turnstile machines run two completely different systems for smartcards and paper tickets?

The turnstile is a electromagnetic field to read the chip on the smartcard and can also read the barcode on a paper ticket.The chip in the smartcard can be programmed as you like depending on what business your running,so for example in the case of the albion smart card they are programmed to activate once if the relevant game has been loaded, thats why if you leave and try to come back in it will not allow you

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
The turnstile is a electromagnetic field to read the chip on the smartcard and can also read the barcode on a paper ticket.The chip in the smartcard can be programmed as you like depending on what business your running,so for example in the case of the albion smart card they are programmed to activate once if the relevant game has been loaded, thats why if you leave and try to come back in it will not allow you

Cool, I stand corrected.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I thought your account (as in fan number), is loaded full of the games and the card has your fan number in the chip. So when you pass through it lets you in because it knows your fan number has access to the match.
So your account is loaded, not the card.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I thought your account (as in fan number), is loaded full of the games and the card has your fan number in the chip. So when you pass through it lets you in because it knows your fan number has access to the match.
So your account is loaded, not the card.

Well apparently not.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Are you sure about that? Those that had smartcard match by match as I did last season, had zero matches until we bought a match online. Then my account (online) recieved a ticket for the game. My card was not loaded with anything. The turnstile recognises the fan number checks its database and see's my account has access to the match and the light goes green and you go through.
I never took my card to get loaded. The loading is the account you hold. Like a debit card doesn't have your money, but it has your account details that allow you to withdraw from your account. I suppose it all depends how you look at things. It a bit like your account is a storage cloud in the BHAFC system, and you card allows access to that.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure thats the way it works.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Thats exactly right. Nothing is loaded onto the card, it only holds your fan number and thats the reason we can continue to use the existing card season after season. All the details about which matches your allowed to go to are held on the Amex computer database and are only activated when you wave the card at the reader on entry.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Are you sure about that? Those that had smartcard match by match as I did last season, had zero matches until we bought a match online. Then my account (online) recieved a ticket for the game. My card was not loaded with anything. The turnstile recognises the fan number checks its database and see's my account has access to the match and the light goes green and you go through.
I never took my card to get loaded. The loading is the account you hold. Like a debit card doesn't have your money, but it has your account details that allow you to withdraw from your account. I suppose it all depends how you look at things. It a bit like your account is a storage cloud in the BHAFC system, and you card allows access to that.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure thats the way it works.

your not understanding how the technology within the inbedded chip works, i will try it this way, the new key smart card that you get on the buses uses the same inbedded chip called MIFARE DESFire,you buy your product online, lets say a one day saver, you don't go anywhere near onestop travel, so how is it when you get on the bus the chip is activated with the product you bought 24hrs earlier on the internet? google MIFARE DESFire and you maybe able to find a better explanation than i can offer.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
your not understanding how the technology within the inbedded chip works, i will try it this way, the new key smart card that you get on the buses uses the same inbedded chip called MIFARE DESFire,you buy your product online, lets say a one day saver, you don't go anywhere near onestop travel, so how is it when you get on the bus the chip is activated with the product you bought 24hrs earlier on the internet? google MIFARE DESFire and you maybe able to find a better explanation than i can offer.

How do you think this info is transmitted to the card?

There's no transmitter in the cards so it must come from a server which is connected to all the card readers. Even if it is possible to store info on a card, it could only happen when you swipe your card over the reader and what is the point in doing it when it can just use the ID of yor smartcard to reference the database, the database that holds all your purchase information. By downloading stuff you would massively increasing the load on your servers when you don't need to, and all your network traffic.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
How do you think this info is transmitted to the card?

There's no transmitter in the cards so it must come from a server which is connected to all the card readers. Even if it is possible to store info on a card, it could only happen when you swipe your card over the reader and what is the point in doing it when it can just use the ID of yor smartcard to reference the database, the database that holds all your purchase information. By downloading stuff you would massively increasing the load on your servers when you don't need to, and all your network traffic.

Oyster cards use the same technology go here Oyster card - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

scroll down to technology and it will give you the best explanation i can find.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here