Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season tickets league

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
In FourFourTwo this month, there is a table of all 92 (top end) season ticket prices. We are 20th at £562.

Am I the only one who finds this a little ridiculous? Don't get me wrong, I love the club and will pay for a season ticket but I'm really surprised by this result!

Am I alone in this?

FYI the top 20 are:

Arsenal £1825
Spurs £1675
Chelsea £1210
Ipswich £1001
Newcastle £975
Man Utd £931
Fulham £899
West Ham £850
Liverpool £785
QPR £699
Leeds £670
Bristol City £649
Birmingham £638
Man City £632
Everton £631
Wolves £630
Stoke £609
Leicester £590
Middlesbrough £590
Brighton £562

At least we're not Ipswich!

[Feel free to fixture me if necessary]

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Saw this in the paper this morning, but it didn't go down as far as us. Cannot believe that Wigan are the sixth CHEAPEST club out of all four divisions. Quality.

We've always been pricey to watch. We were one of the most expensive clubs to see when we were in the top flight.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
It's not often we are listed in the top 20 clubs in the country! I think we should celebrate this fact!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
There are many reasons why we HAVE to charge more than other teams, though...

True. As I said, I don't have an issue specifically with the prices. I'm South Stand and pay about £430 for a great seat (albeit with no shelter) and I don't really mind.

Still, Wigan at £295 tops and Blackburn £393.35 top end have got it good.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Kind of an irrelevent stat though isn't it, given that its top-end? For example, whilst Ipswich might have ST's that set you back 1k, I'd also bet they do incredibly good value ones...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
where can you seat for £500 + sure mine was £420 or so

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Not really surprising really. Brighton is on the whole a very wealthy area, we must have to pay some of the highest wages in the league to compensate the expensive house prices. Saying that the average season ticket price should be about £100 cheaper than they are.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
£1800 at the emirates? that must be Pat Rice's season ticket in the dugout! boom boom!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To all those negative posters, have you actually done any research. The price quoted is the top price. Look at Falmer, the top price for a season there will be £1400 or thereabouts, we'll shoot up the league then.

As far as I am concerned, the representative price is £425, ie what I paid and is about £150 quid less than the top price quoted. Would I prefer it to be cheaper, of course I bloody well would but then wouldn't it be great if they were selling performance vehicles brand new for under £10k. In the end I think it is a fair price, ie just about £18 a game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As drew points out, that's the highest price. The highest price for one. How many of the clubs lower than us do children's season tickets for £20? How much would a ticket for an adult and two kids cost at some of the "cheaper" clubs?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To all those negative posters, have you actually done any research. The price quoted is the top price. Look at Falmer, the top price for a season there will be £1400 or thereabouts, we'll shoot up the league then.

As far as I am concerned, the representative price is £425, ie what I paid and is about £150 quid less than the top price quoted. Would I prefer it to be cheaper, of course I bloody well would but then wouldn't it be great if they were selling performance vehicles brand new for under £10k. In the end I think it is a fair price, ie just about £18 a game.

The representative price doesn't do us any favours either, I assure you.

We still pay ridiculous prices. We all know the reasons for it- supposedly at least- which are the high overheads at Withdean. Which, of course, will not apply at Falmer. But do you think for one second the club will drop prices, firstly as an incentive to sell to new ticketholders, and secondly in recognition of the great expense shelled out by existing ones?

They should, but they damn well won't. The grim inevitability of the Falmer pricing is the one thing that I really think the club are falling down on, PR-wise. We are all just mugs to the club accountants, and they think we'll all be so blinded by actually having a ground of our own that we'll pay anything.

Which we will :cry:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
We lose around £1 Million at Withdean every year, at the current prices. It is therefore ludicrous to suggest that the prices should be lower, when the club cannot afford to. The season ticket holders are a major source of important income.

Some people seem to think that BHA have a god given right lower prices for the "fans that have sat in the rain" for so long etc. The prices set reflect reasonable operation costs needed to keep the club running, and yet still run at a loss. The club is not a charity, it is a business of sorts.
The sooner BHA turns into a more self funding, professional organisation the better. Everything comes at a cost, and during this past decade the club has had no choice, should be thankful we are still afloat after the dark days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here