Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Tickets - General Release

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The direct debit payment plan makes it very affordable and the team's form and the quality managerial set up will also prove attractive to these people.

The club would be fools not to make a BIG thing of this in their press / billboard(/whatever) advertising they put out to entice newbies into the fold.

A picture of a father and son, looking all glowingly happy and middle-class, bedecked in blue and white scarves, cheering (another) Murray goal at the Amex from a seat with a spectacular view accompanied by a tag line of something like "Make sure you don't miss a single Albion goal at their new home next season. Father and son season tickets from only £35 per month" (or whatever the minimum DD is).

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think Simster's prediction will be a lot closer to the mark than Dougal's, at least for the first few seasons anyway.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Ironically and completely unexpected but through my letterbox here in s.wales this morning came my letter from the albion.

Probably already mentioned before but within the 3rd paragraph from the end it says ".....if you are unable to attend a presentation but would like to be notified once the tickets become available online, then email us at stsales@bhafc.co.uk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You honestly believe there will a "few 12ks" next season?

There is only one way that is going to happen: Albion don't get promoted, Gus moves on, Thicky is re-hired and we spend the entire season staring at relegation to division 4.

If we were struggling against a team with no away support then yes , every chance. (remember even sell outs at withdean and other places mean 700 dont turn up )
We'll see. I hope you are right with you predictions.

As usual on NSC more pollsters are overoptimistic (& why not!) as the more fervent supporter will join this forum.

However, I think we have to get real here!

The prospect of playing against the likes of Doncaster, Bournemoth (say), Burnley or Watford on a cold dank November evening - will I agree only pull in a 12,000 crowd next season.

Yes the likes of Portsmouth, Palace & the fallen premiership teams on a sunny saturday will bring in 20,000 - however, the Albion are no way going to shift any more than 12/13,000 season tickets & at least 10% of these people won't attend each game. Coupled with a team who bring down only a couple of hundred punters, if the Albion are in the arse end of the league, weather is poor, then sub 13,000 gates next year for some games are realistic.

And is a sub 13,000 gate so bad?

After all we have only cracked 8,000 once at Withdean this season .....and then we had to rely on Charlton to fill the away end!

It will take a number of years, for the clubs support to rise, success on the pitch, reasonable ticket pricing & ease of transport before the missing thousands return.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As usual on NSC more pollsters are overoptimistic (& why not!) as the more fervent supporter will join this forum.

However, I think we have to get real here!

The prospect of playing against the likes of Doncaster, Bournemoth (say), Burnley or Watford on a cold dank November evening - will I agree only pull in a 12,000 crowd next season.

Yes the likes of Portsmouth, Palace & the fallen premiership teams on a sunny saturday will bring in 20,000 - however, the Albion are no way going to shift any more than 12/13,000 season tickets & at least 10% of these people won't attend each game. Coupled with a team who bring down only a couple of hundred punters, if the Albion are in the arse end of the league, weather is poor, then sub 13,000 gates next year for some games are realistic.

And is a sub 13,000 gate so bad?

After all we have only cracked 8,000 once at Withdean this season .....and then we had to rely on Charlton to fill the away end!

It will take a number of years, for the clubs support to rise, success on the pitch, reasonable ticket pricing & ease of transport before the missing thousands return.

As we have already sold 2900 1901s and 7000+ season tickets... and there are 4000 more people already booked into ST sessions... this seems to be VERY unlikely indeed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
and there are 4000 more people already booked into ST sessions... this seems to be VERY unlikely indeed.

This is the 'fact' that I'm struggling to believe right now. Given the c10k sold already - just where have these 4000 extra people come from?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am pleased to say I find myself chuckling heartily at all these people who set themselves up as a voice of reason and then confidently predict gates of 12,000 even if we are in the Championship next season. :lolol:

Next season, if we have been promoted, a truly shit gate will be around 18,000. Maybe Scunny at home on a wet Tuesday champions league night might see gates dip as low as 17,000.

Voice of reason or not, 12,000 is a laughable figure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Next season, if we have been promoted, a truly shit gate will be around 18,000. Maybe Scunny at home on a wet Tuesday champions league night might see gates dip as low as 17,000.

...whereas you're very bullish.

Which suggests the actual outcome might be somewhere in between.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is the 'fact' that I'm struggling to believe right now. Given the c10k sold already - just where have these 4000 extra people come from?
Presumably bookings from enquiries made over the past 3 or 4 months from people who see Albion running away with the league, see the ground rising every time they drive past the A27 and have not got season ticket holding friend so have been promised a presentation at the earliest available opportunity.

Away from the Albion supporting bubble that is NSC or the chat inside Withdean or away games, there are an absolute SHED LOAD of people like this. It really isn't that hard to believe.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
...whereas you're very bullish.

Which suggests the actual outcome might be somewhere in between.
One year ago, I was told I was bullish by suggesting 14,000 was realistic and that 10-12,000 would be a good return from our current fan base. The fact is that expectations are constantly moving upwards.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys

I know, that seems a massive amount, we could sell out the ground b4 this season ends, if this is the case, do you reckon the held back east stand tickets will become available but to include some stipulations re cup games?

GrahamH65

May 19, 2009
Last Saturday I received my letter inviting me to a ST presentation (I'm a Blue member). I called on Monday and booked a presentation for myself and two friends (also Blue members) for Friday 11th March. I had initially asked for Monday 14th March, but was told they end on the 11th. I presume that STs will go on general sale from the 14th or shortly afterwards.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
There's not 4000 appointments booked in - I checked with the club today. There's lots of space in March, everyday was available.

Other highlights

I managed to book 2 seats over the phone today without attending presentation via the normal ticket office.

- Good seats are hard to come by now

- Forget upper west middle - only back 4/5 rows available

- Lower west, only front 4/5 rows available!

- so I had to plump for upper west in the corner/north side near the middle section and about 10 rows up. Not ideal but it'll do.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

I took it from...

He said that the presentations are booked solid for a month from Monday coming up and that they've had to go from 40 people to 50 people per presentation and there's 4 presentations a day. So 50x4x20 is 4000.

Anyone know how full West Stand Upper is getting?

Perhaps it's bollocks... but then again, why make something like that up??

Does anyone know if I'd be allowed to attend my presentation (even though my seat is already sorted) and JUST book my +1?

And yes, I'm doing it for you sir albion :rolleyes:

edit: yes I can, ignore. Pete I'll sort it for you.

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3982508 said:
Does anyone know if I'd be allowed to attend my presentation (even though my seat is already sorted) and JUST book my +1?

And yes, I'm doing it for you sir albion :rolleyes:

I know someone who did just this so you should be fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here