Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Renewal Letter

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
My letter had no such details?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Will have to visit the Queens Road shop or the Amex to pick up a DD form on Saturday as I need to change from full payment to monthly DD, but didn't get a form in my renewal letter. Mildly inconvenient

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Fortunately with Southampton,West Ham and Reading around we dont have to worry about promotion and can watch their situation with interest next season.
The club states that over 65`s pay £1.25 a month,it appears they have not taken into consideration that this group qualify for FREE bus travel throughout England,suggest those involved contact their MP`s to
correct this problem.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of my sons has just received his letter and it says that for his seat in the WSU it will be £40.87 per month. It is funny how some contained this information and others like mine had none. Having sent an e mail to Paul McGowan he has given me the information that I require.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Fortunately with Southampton,West Ham and Reading around we dont have to worry about promotion and can watch their situation with interest next season.
The club states that over 65`s pay £1.25 a month,it appears they have not taken into consideration that this group qualify for FREE bus travel throughout England,suggest those involved contact their MP`s to
correct this problem.

Very good point about the bus pass. But this could apply to more as it's 60 that people can get a free bus pass!

CBR84

Feb 19, 2012
Is it possible for the help of potential new ST holders for someone in the know to give us a list of prices in each area of the ground i.e;

Stand - Full Price - monthly DD price??

Thanks

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will have to visit the Queens Road shop or the Amex to pick up a DD form on Saturday as I need to change from full payment to monthly DD, but didn't get a form in my renewal letter. Mildly inconvenient

To save you the trouble Paul (ticket office manager) says you can phone the ticket office and they will take the details over the phone, fill in the mandate and send it back to you for signing and then return to them. If you phone that will secure your seat and method of payment.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
To save you the trouble Paul (ticket office manager) says you can phone the ticket office and they will take the details over the phone, fill in the mandate and send it back to you for signing and then return to them. If you phone that will secure your seat and method of payment.

Ahh cool. Thanks BG :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I didn't think legally you were allowed to do that as payment is acceptance of a contract that you have been told what the price would be per this letter.

I am not overly fussed by it, but it would be interesting if someone challenged it

The overall price you pay per year may not be changed if we get promoted to the Premier League. Premier League clubs only play 19 home games per season, if we did get promoted the club could raise the price of individual matches but keep the overall price the same. This would mean you would not have your DD changed.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The overall price you pay per year may not be changed if we get promoted to the Premier League. However as the Premier League clubs only play 19 home games per season if we did get promoted the club could raise the price of individual matches but keep the overall price the same. This would mean you would not have your DD changed.

that sounds fair enough

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The overall price you pay per year may not be changed if we get promoted to the Premier League. Premier League clubs only play 19 home games per season, if we did get promoted the club could raise the price of individual matches but keep the overall price the same. This would mean you would not have your DD changed.

That would be awesome and fair!:thumbsup:

Very good point about the bus pass. But this could apply to more as it's 60 that people can get a free bus pass!

This only applies to people born before 6 April 1950. Women born after this date qualify for a pass when they reach pensionable age and men do so when they reach the pensionable age of a woman born on the same day. I'm 60 next year and will qualify on my 65th birthday in 2018.

that sounds fair enough

Yes but having just done some calculations on my new season ticket price(including travel), this doesn't work out to the 30% increase that BG's son heard about should we get promoted.
It works out to be around a 21% increase.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Sorry if it has already been discussed guys, I haven't had the chance to read it all.....

I am a season ticket holder in the East Stand and got the letter about seating changes due to the expansion. My wife and I will have to move; I have contacted the club a couple times about the options and seem to getting some confusing/mixed messages. At first the young fella I spoke to offered 2 seats in East Stand row F. I said I would check them out and get back to them. They are okay - but I am not sure about their close proximity to away supporters (and they are not Upper tier). I think ideally we would like a decent seat in the West Stand.

But they also told me theycouldn't say what was available until May 1 but didn't stipulate exactly what I should do to ascertain availability then.

Is anyone else here in the same situation? What are you going to do?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry if it has already been discussed guys, I haven't had the chance to read it all.....

I am a season ticket holder in the East Stand and got the letter about seating changes due to the expansion. My wife and I will have to move; I have contacted the club a couple times about the options and seem to getting some confusing/mixed messages. At first the young fella I spoke to offered 2 seats in East Stand row F. I said I would check them out and get back to them. They are okay - but I am not sure about their close proximity to away supporters (and they are not Upper tier). I think ideally we would like a decent seat in the West Stand.

But they also told me theycouldn't say what was available until May 1 but didn't stipulate exactly what I should do to ascertain availability then.

Is anyone else here in the same situation? What are you going to do?

Most people in your situation have taken the option of reserving plum seats towards the middle/front of the East Stand Upper, when built.

CBR84

Feb 19, 2012
Thanks for the link Bozza.

Looking at it, it looks as though the new SE & SW corners have a green line around the edge. Anyone think this implies that this area when built will be at the 'Zone C' price? Seems a bit steep for seats there right next to a 'Zone A' area.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
correct this problem.

Yes and I pay full price for my season ticket which subsidises their's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here