Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket prices next season?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes, LI missed him this weekend losing to harlequins.

We lose a few players at this time of the year.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But you won't know until you've broached the subject and those rules were set over a decade ago; reality has moved on a bit and the club needs to really fight hard against this unfair tax and get it changed to optional. It's a very fair point that to my knowledge has not been explored enough. Club needs to make its business case and make it public. Put pressure on those in authorities that they're killing the club and for the last 2 years at Withdean the conditions etc need re-evaluating etc

Do you think that the club WANTS to pay this levy? Do you think they haven't fought against it?

As I understand it (I stand to be corrected), the club has already negotiated a lower fee since the management plan came into being ten years ago. But the simple truth is that if we don't pay anything, Brighton & Hove Buses will refuse to run its part of the Transport Management Plan. And that's where the problems start.

And not paying anything for the transport plan does not necessarily mean lower prices. I would suspect the ticket prices would remain the same, but the club's ongoing debt would be slightly relieved to the tune of about £100,000 (or whatever it is) a year, thereby making our operating losses £2.7m rather than £2.8m.

The alternative would be that the club buys its own buses.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Every year we say this, and every year the prices have remained the same.

You can argue that they've gone up insofar as we no longer have the 'one cup match' ticket - fair enough - but some assume the staff at the club live in a bubble, and end up worrying that they are ignorant of many people's current predicament, and they're there to get us to drop our trousers and bend over.

Last season, if I recall correctly, the club were well praised for the initiative of pricing kids' tickets pretty cheaply. The fact that people then moaned that it's the adults who are the lifeblood and why aren't they given consideration etc shows that - short of wholesale drastic price reductions (and all of those problems that that will bring - see above) people are not going to be happy no matter what happens.

I'm going to wait until the new prices and methods of payments are announced before I comment on next season's prices. To moan now has no point.

Well quite. It maybe that the club have indeed taken all the extenuating circumstances into account and that we may be prematurely wailing and gnashing our teeth at something which is yet to happen (wouldn't be the first time). I hope this is the case. I don't really want to give my seat up, but this is the first time I am seriously considering it.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
2 years without a season ticket for me and the lad due to loss of income and new kid etc and I cant say Ive missed it too much. when the little one gets big and my income increases I hope to come back.

I dont mind the team being shit (obviosly i rather they were good), but remember how bad they were at priestfield etc.

I just think we have all become very moany and I dont enjoy being moany or surrounded by negatives. As has been said 1000s of times on NSC until we get Falmer we will be limted and wont attract all the players we want. It will get better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here