Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket prices next season?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dear Season Ticket holder

We're nearing the end of another roller coaster season of thrills and spills at the Albion, the outcome of which, excitingly, remains in the balance still. NO doubt you'll have anticipated as eagerly as I have the commencement of building work at Falmer, following struggle the likes of which no other Football League club has known.

As a loyal supporter, I want to reassure you that you will be the first to hear of any new developments concerning the Community Stadium, and that we will be posting regular photo updates on the club's website to enable you to share in the excitement. With only two more seasons at Withdean before the Club finally makes the move we have all yearned for, it's vital to ensure you secure your seat now. I do hope it doesn't look like I'm trying to distract from our appalling season on the pitch by banging on about Falmer. Anyway....

With that in mind, the Club has come up with a series of great value season ticket packages, designed to ensure your peace of mind in knowing that you're guaranteed a seat in the new Community Stadium. We are of course ever conscious of the financial pressures on our loyal supporters in these challenging economic times, and to that end, I am thrilled to announce the following superb value deals, leaving you safe in the knowledge that you'll never miss a kick of the next brilliant season at Withdean.

....blah blah blah minimal price rises....difficult times for football clubs too...ONLY a 10% increase if you pay by tomorrow afternoon....match officials coffee prices have multiplied tenfold since June 2007....need to improve the team...10% discount on every Albion car sticker purchased online...free DVD....yadda yadda yadda....

Yours in football

Dick Knight
Chairman

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How much were season tickets this season? £400 for adults and £20 for kids (in the family stand) or something? ???

So for a family of four, you were paying, what, £840? NOT good value for money.

If you're talking two adults plus two kids - both kids being under 10.

£400 for one adult and one kid
£384 for additional adult
£16 for additional kid

£800 in total or £8.69 per person per match

If you're talking two adults plus two kids - one kids being under 10 and the other 10-15.

£446 for one adult and one kid
£16 for additional kid

£846 in total or £9.19 per person per match

If you're talking two adults plus two kids - both kids being 10-15.

£80 for additional kid

£910 in total or £9.89 per person per match

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I appreciate all of that, but I have had a ST since we returned to Withers and I had one at the Goldstone for many years.

I know its very selfish view, BUt it is not my fault that Mike bamber spend too much and took the club into debt, Bedson and Co drove the club into the ground...its not my fault that archer and Stanley so mismanaged that we almost went to the wall, and its not my fault that we are playing in a shite stadium playing shite football and being charged through the nose for it.

It almost seems that if you decide not to go, or buy a ST you are somehow disloyal and helping to take the club down. I am sorry after 34 years of watching this club, my conscience is perfectly clear if I chose not to go or not renew. Yes we have had the good times, few and far between I grant you, BUT owners and investors in clubs are to a certain degree doing it to massage their ego's and that is perfectly fair, they have the money to do so, however in the real world Joe Public want to be entertained and to see some sort of improvement. The last few years, we have not seen this.....Yes its all LDC and Falmer DC's fault etc etc....but we are seeing 20 odd years of peopel mismanaging this club.

I never had a season ticket at the Goldstone but bought them from the exile at Gillingham because I could support the club financially.

Since our return I have had a three year ticket in response to the club requesting help. I agree that some dubious charactors have messed up big time, but the current lot have at least tried to put things right by bringing us home and on the way to delivering a fantastic looking stadium.

However I agree one gets little in return if the team is not playing well, I sit in the south stand which can be pretty grim if the weathers bad. One hopes when we reach the promised land of the new stadium we will be repaid back with luxarys and pampering beyond our wildest dreams. The reality is we will be pursuied for every penny to pay for our stadium and expensive team that will play in it.

Leaving us a price is right dilema, whats it worth and what are we willing to pay before watching Whitehawk, Lewes, Eastbourne or just getting a SKY TV pacakage.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

£16 for additional kid

If you're talking two adults plus two kids - one kids being under 10 and the other 10-15.

£16 for additional kid

£80 for additional kid

Fairly cheap as soccerball goes I suppose, but nevertheless, £800 is £800. How many times could you honestly say "well that was £9.19 well spent" watching Thicky's shite side this season? Especially when you consider that's all you need to spend to take your family on holiday to Spain this summer.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I don't think that the price will go down, but it would be helpful if they let fans pay over a 10 month period by standing order. I will probably renew anyway, but if they gave that option I would take it.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Could somebody find what the prices for a Season ticket this season were.....with particular reference to how much more it cost, if you "paid" in 3 instalments"...........(i.e.....2 months).

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU

£16 for additional kid

£16 for additional kid

£80 for additional kid

What if the kids 16 and still at school?

Strangely the price will go up by about £130. Way too much. How the price can jump up so much from a 15 to a 16 year old is odd and unfair.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Thankyou Alan.....

It shows that for a Southstand centre Season ticket was £413 if you bought it by 4th April..............however if you wished to pay by 3 instalments (£147 each instalment) you would have to pay a total of £441 by 4th June.

This represents an effective interest rate surcharge of almost 41% p.a.........! At the 4th June, we were still more than 2 months away from the season actually starting.

If this ticket was paid over a ten month period...(as a previous poster suggested) the final cost for the £413 ticket would be............£553.......! Your 10 month period would end on the 4th February........long before the season ended.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'd be amazed if the club allowed a 10-instalment payment.

I'd think they'd want all ST money before the start of the season - at the very least before the end of the August transfer window.

My concern, if I was at the club would be if we have another shit start to the season, how many people might start reneging on the last three or four payments?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know you get a discount if you pay early on a season ticket but it always seems wrong to me to pay for a product in advance which you will not recieve in full until 12 months later.
Staggered payments at the reduced rate would seem better.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i am likely to only renew if we stay up and if they offer a bit more flexability with payment

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If the club wants to lose fans hand over fist then leave the St prices as they are ...if on the other hand they want to keep them they will have to drop the price by 15% minimum and before you all start banging on about lost revenue i think that a high percentage of clubs will actually drop their prices next season and maybe a bit more reality will come into the wages normal run of the mill players receive

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
cant afford one next year once i am out of the under 21 brakcet - and to be fair, i have only been to THREE home games this season using the season ticket anyway

those two factors, coupled with the fact that we are undeniably shit, mean that i wont be renewing unless there is a LUDICROUS deprice in the tickets, something which just simply isnt going to happen

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I realise it's all very worthy of them to want to encourage kids etc.

But frankly I couldn't give a shit, from a purely selfish point of view I want to know why so many other clubs are reducing their prices while I'm expected to be satisfied simply because it stays the same (and even then, only if I pay within a ridiculously short timeframe).

Last time around, they basically said screw you to all the adult fans who've stuck with the club and the worst facilities in the entire football league, bar none, for nearly ten years, by leaving prices the same. I wonder if the credit crunch will alter things, or we'll yet again be taken for granted? Season ticket renewals could well be shocking if (1) prices stay as they are and (2) we go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here