Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket holders that didn't bother buying tickets for yesterday

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
"Couldn't be bothered" And how do you know that's the reason for every person who didn't go?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
If we beat Wrexham should they still be allowed first refusal on their seats for Newcastle? I say no as if they could'nt be bothered to go yesterday tough . Let them join teh ticket binfest.

If you were a true fan, then you would actually attend games and not sit on here allday posting drivel.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
So what you are saying is that someone who has been once and paid £ 14 for a ticket should get priority over someone who paid £ 500 to the club for a season ticket.

Great idea.

I've managed to make it to two games at The Amex this season so far. The first was against Gillingham in the Carling Cup and the second was against Southampton on the 2nd. Now, I admit that most of this money went to the airlines rather than the club but the fact is that it cost me the best part of 2,000 pounds to attend these games and I had to buy the Southampton ticket off El Presidente because my "fan rating" wasn't high enough to buy a ticket through regular channels.

Now, this ticket binfestery comes up every single time there's a high profile cup game and the same tired old arguments are consistently regurgitated time and time again. My own personal fave is this tired old adage that just because you shelled out "X amount of cash" on a season ticket that makes you a "better fan" and thus more worthy of a ticket than Mr "I only paid 14 quid for a cup game".

It is not necessarily true.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
I say yes. They may have not been able to afford to go yesterday. Austerity etc.

This, i am a season ticket holder & have to decide on other matches because of funds. I have been to 4 away matches so far & Palace at the end of the month (hopefully) missed yesterday to fund the palace match but will go to the Newcastle game even if i can't afford it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I've managed to make it to two games at The Amex this season so far. The first was against Gillingham in the Carling Cup and the second was against Southampton on the 2nd. Now, I admit that most of this money went to the airlines rather than the club but the fact is that it cost me the best part of 2,000 pounds to attend these games and I had to buy the Southampton ticket off El Presidente because my "fan rating" wasn't high enough to buy a ticket through regular channels.

Now, this ticket binfestery comes up every single time there's a high profile cup game and the same tired old arguments are consistently regurgitated time and time again. My own personal fave is this tired old adage that just because you shelled out "X amount of cash" on a season ticket that makes you a "better fan" and thus more worthy of a ticket than Mr "I only paid 14 quid for a cup game".

Yes it is as the only money BHAFC is interested in is that that comes direct to them and if they receive large lump sums early on then a bonus to fund players at the start of a season.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Its funny how lots of people are planning the Newcastle game, yet we are not through yet.

Anyway, although I am a season ticket holder, I will not be at the 4th round match even if we do get through.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1901 tickets looking more and more a bargain this season when you consider that every 1st team home game is included in the cost - Gillingham, Wrexham, Sunderland, Liverpool and possibly Newcastle and maybe I've missed one or two?

You are dead right. £1,440 per annum, plus armrests & complimentary coffee thrown in. Add the £1,175 initial lump sum, and £360 for Bennetts Field parking, and it looks better and better value.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Are you saying the only thing you came back for was the game. Once it finished, maybe a nights sleep then back on the plane to Tokyo. If so then you are indeed a super fan. However, if you were also coming back for xmas, seeing the family or friends then you comment about spending £2k coming to a game is a bit of a misrepresentation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Its funny how lots of people are planning the Newcastle game, yet we are not through yet.

Anyway, although I am a season ticket holder, I will not be at the 4th round match even if we do get through.

Perhaps you could enlighten us to why you won't be at the game. Is it purely through choice or are you away that weekend. Might help the debate if you let us know!!!!!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
you arse hole

If we beat Wrexham should they still be allowed first refusal on their seats for Newcastle? I say no as if they could'nt be bothered to go yesterday tough . Let them join teh ticket binfest.

I must admit I "couldn't be bothered" to go, as you put it, but where does this end? About 20 years ago I was one of about 30 that made a midweek trip to Plymouth in the Simod cup (or whatever), with that logic in mind, I should have superior status over the 19,970 Albion fans that "couldn't be bothered" that night. In a nutshell you're talking bollocks

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I think people who post completely idiotic ideas should not be able to purchase a ticket.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Perhaps you could enlighten us to why you won't be at the game. Is it purely through choice or are you away that weekend. Might help the debate if you let us know!!!!!
Sorry, forgot to say, I am away on Holiday, but my father will be taking my place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here