Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket holder poll - Reducing prices

As a season ticket holder would you have a problem with ticket prices being reduced?

• No, the more people at Withdean the better

Votes: 50 87.7%
  • Yes, i've paid my money blar blar blar

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Say the club reduce ticket prices for the rest of the season to £20 for the South Stand wings and £22 for the middle and say £15 for the east stand (i'm sure the hand full of season ticket holders in there could be refunded the difference if they have a problem with it)

Would you have a problem with it? I think that is about how much a ticket works out at for most season ticket holders anyway.

I personally wouldn't care as long as more people are in the ground.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Not bothered at all so long as when renewal comes round next year the price for STH is reduced a bit for next season.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Say the club reduce ticket prices for the rest of the season to £20 for the South Stand wings and £22 for the middle and say £15 for the east stand (i'm sure the hand full of season ticket holders in there could be refunded the difference if they have a problem with it)

Would you have a problem with it? I think that is about how much a ticket works out at for most season ticket holders anyway.

I personally wouldn't care as long as more people are in the ground.
I'd have no problems with that at all. :)

I think everyone would rather see the place full...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if they reduced prices now, I would not renew my season ticket ...full .

i know the money has gone out of my account so its already spent, but of the 20 or so mates that had st's i am the only one left who has one!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Who has voted against this? I would be interested to know the reasons.

I voted against it, although I am not a STH.

I went to 20 home league games last season which set me back £500, so lowering tickets prices would be great for me. I didn't buy a season ticket as my old man accompanies me and he doesn't always go so it remains flexible.

I don't think that lowering the prices by such an amount will have much/any effect on the crowd. We would just end up losing more revenue. They would then have to reduce Season Tickets again oor risk losing a large amount of them that could pick or choose when and where to sit. The season ticket is not such an advantage really, unless we get a lucky cup draw or enter the playoffs(?).

Obviously it is difficult to tell how our finances are shaping up, but I am working on the basis that we are far from being cash rich and £100k in lost revenue could be the difference between buying someone like O'Callaghan or fending off the vultures circling over a Lynch or an Elphick.

Whilst I agree that we need to attract fans to the club, I thinnk we also have to admit that people that aren't coming regularly are not going to suddenly start coming with a drop in prices. They will be waiting for Falmer. The negative effects (in their eyes) of Withdean is not worth it.

Last edited:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
At those prices, it's still more expensive than my season ticket works out per game, so don't really understand why people voted no.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...anyway this is all acedemic

if we go up this year, doers anyone seriously believe they will drop prices? In fact i can see them going up!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Maybe we need another poll to see if the above ticket prices would attrack more people?

They are about the same as when we first moved to Withdean and you used to have people queing up outside the ticket office but people have become feed up with Withdean now.

I know of at least 4-5 people who don't come to the Withdean and a major part of that is the price.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
How weird. I was just about to suggest this.

Say the club did an online poll of STHs to ask this very question and us STHs say "YES". The club could reduce prices for say blocks of 3 games and us STHs rewarded elsewhere. Say free entry to JPTT game or extra discount at club shop for limited period or some such.

It's no use us moaning that it would be unfair on us STHs to do this. We've already bought our tickets - we knew the score and I'd much prefer Leeds gates every week.

edit - and can one of the mods switch my vote please? Like the retard I am I clicked on the wrong option - meant to post to Yes, I'm up for it.

Caravan Club

Jul 28, 2004
Tunbridge Wellsb
Also extend the Family section offers. I think there are restrictions on the numbers of kids an adult can take in there. Make it so that an adult can take as many kids under a certain age as he likes for a quid each or suchlike.
I was not a big fan of the family stand when it moved to where it is but on Saturday it was jumping particularly at the end of the game when we were attacking that end and Luton were down to 10 men.
I would also suggest to the club that the players go straight to that stand at the end of the game. If the kids feel closer to the players through this sort of action then they are far more likely to ask to go back.
And as numerous people have stated they are the fans we will need at Falmer.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I`m a STH and most people i know would be happy to let the club sell tickets for something like £15 a pop.I`ve paid my money,so lets get more bums on seats.
Most of the fans that don`t go at present say the cost is too much, reduce a particular area for £15 and see if they come back.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I've just paid £49.50 for tickets for tonight for myself and my 14 year old son. That's on top of the £79 I spent on Saturday (daughter was only back for the weekend). That's £128.50 to sit in the open air and watch two 3rd division football games, not taking into account programmes and the delicious burgers which are all part of the 'matchday experience'.

Sadly this will definitely be our last game until at least Christmas, and that is purely down to price. The simple fact is the tickets are WAY too expensive for the casual or part-time fan (which I freely admit I am these days). If the tickets were less expensive we would go more often. End of story. And I mean LEAGUE tickets; we didn't go to the JPT game when tickets were cheap; like most people I shall only take an interetst in that when we get to the final.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Well I've just paid £49.50 for tickets for tonight for myself and my 14 year old son. That's on top of the £79 I spent on Saturday (daughter was only back for the weekend). That's £128.50 to sit in the open air and watch two 3rd division football games, not taking into account programmes and the delicious burgers which are all part of the 'matchday experience'.

Sadly this will definitely be our last game until at least Christmas, and that is purely down to price. The simple fact is the tickets are WAY too expensive for the casual or part-time fan (which I freely admit I am these days). If the tickets were less expensive we would go more often. End of story. And I mean LEAGUE tickets; we didn't go to the JPT game when tickets were cheap; like most people I shall only take an interetst in that when we get to the final.

So how much would the ticket need to be for you to come more often?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So how much would the ticket need to be for you to come more often?
*plucks figure from the air* £10. To be honest though it's not so much the individual adult ticket price that puts me off as the fact that I buy two or three adult tickets and an U16. AFAIK there is no discount structure in place for a family that consists of Mum, Dad, Student (over 18) and an Adolescent. Please tell me if I'm wrong, anybody.

Consequently if we all go that's £103.50 in tickets alone. For a group such as ours if it were £10 per 'full' adult and £5 for the student and the schoolkid we'd be there every week.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I can see why season tickets holders would be annoyed if they became less, however isnt that a risk you take when buying anything?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here