Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket frustration!!!!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I'm trying to book my season ticket (got the email yesterday), and have been told that there are virtually no evening appointments left. Bit of a shame, as to be honest, work aren't going to let me book the time off. I've been told by the ticket office that I can book ESU over the phone, but at top end prices, much as I'd love to, it's a bit out of my price range. The clubs suggestion was that I call back at the end of May, and hope there's something left!!!!

My point is, as the club is currently not so busy at weekends, would the sensible thing not be to organize a bunch of appointments for then? They have whole sessions during the weekdays that haven't been filled up as the guy on the phone admitted!!! As it stands, I've had to book an appointment for a time I know I can't make, in the vain hope that my boss takes pity on me and swaps my hours that day. I know it's a bit of a moan, but all I want is my bloody ST, I've waited SO long for the email!!!

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
I'm trying to book my season ticket (got the email yesterday), and have been told that there are virtually no evening appointments left. Bit of a shame, as to be honest, work aren't going to let me book the time off. I've been told by the ticket office that I can book ESU over the phone, but at top end prices, much as I'd love to, it's a bit out of my price range. The clubs suggestion was that I call back at the end of May, and hope there's something left!!!!

My point is, as the club is currently not so busy at weekends, would the sensible thing not be to organize a bunch of appointments for then? They have whole sessions during the weekdays that haven't been filled up as the guy on the phone admitted!!! As it stands, I've had to book an appointment for a time I know I can't make, in the vain hope that my boss takes pity on me and swaps my hours that day. I know it's a bit of a moan, but all I want is my bloody ST, I've waited SO long for the email!!!

Tell you boss you have a bad toothache and need to go to the emergency dentist, call the emergency dental care number 0300 1000 899 get an appointment to cover your arse

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Feel sorry for you, with others in the meantime, grabbing the best seats for themselves & all their mates.

For the sake of a couple of hours off work, if I was you, I'd do everything to get that appt. asap.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Feel sorry for you, with others in the meantime, grabbing the best seats for themselves & all their mates.

For the sake of a couple of hours off work, if I was you, I'd do everything to get that appt. asap.

Go on, rub it in!!!! :D

Seriously, I'm not actually fussed where I sit, as long as I'm THERE with my little swipe card sitting perfectly in my wallet!!!! Couldn't give a toss if they put me behind one of the big screens, in the shed in the car park, wherever. Although, in an ideal world, North Stand or WSU!!! :)

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I'd throw a sickie, or go with the above toothache. A couple of hours off of work is worth the hassle, to get the seat you want.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
How far into the waiting list are they, do you know?

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I had the same, work in Crawley and cannot make it down before 5.30 any night, managed to get a 7pm next Wednesday but how many seats will go before then? Asked about just buying it over the phone and I was told this isnt possible, The lady couldnt even give me the prices? What actually happens at these appointments, its not like you are going to be able to sit in your seat, it isnt even built yet?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Go on, rub it in!!!! :D

Seriously, I'm not actually fussed where I sit, as long as I'm THERE with my little swipe card sitting perfectly in my wallet!!!! Couldn't give a toss if they put me behind one of the big screens, in the shed in the car park, wherever. Although, in an ideal world, North Stand or WSU!!! :)

Not liking your problem. You seem passionate about the club, so I hope you get fixed up, soon!!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
My point is, as the club is currently not so busy at weekends, would the sensible thing not be to organize a bunch of appointments for then?

Yes it would. We've got a lot of extra seats to sell, for a start.

Perhaps we should play first team matches on a Thursday afternoon too so that staff can have the weekends off?

I suggest an e mail to Derek Chapman.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
I don't see the problem. The only seats that are currently in demand and on sale are in ESU. You've admitted that's too expensive. Presumably, this means you want a South or new South-West corner ticket, or maybe a WSU seat that hasn't been renewed. I don't see any reason why any of those will currently be flying off the shelves. They'll all still be available in a few weeks, or whenever your slot is.

how do you know they will still be availble? if there are not many appointments left this indicates to me the club aren doing very well (yet again) at selling all the season tickets. does anyone know how many season tickets are available and what is the max number of season tickets we could have?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I can't believe that there are no apointments for Saturdays /Sundays.

The club know people work, cannot make daytime and obviously evening appts. will fill up fast.

What about exiles - how are they supposed to buy STs?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
2000-3000 on waiting list and plenty of those buying 2 or 3 tickets each i'd say they will sell out

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't see the problem. The only seats that are currently in demand and on sale are in ESU. You've admitted that's too expensive. Presumably, this means you want a South or new South-West corner ticket, or maybe a WSU seat that hasn't been renewed. I don't see any reason why any of those will currently be flying off the shelves. They'll all still be available in a few weeks, or whenever your slot is.

This. as far as I am aware, only ESU is on sale to movers and new STH's, once this is completed, they will know whats left and will allocate from then on.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've got my presentation on Thursday fortnight -dates available were pretty limited and not ideal for me but at least I managed to get shoed in to an afternoon presentation on the basis I have a 400 mile round trip to get there and a late evening journey home wouldn't have been ideal. I wanted to book over the phone to save the journey but could only book ESU that way whereas if I attend in person there is a chance of getting the seats I need (because of mobility access) in ESL.
(Birdie Boy is right and they are not officially on sale in ESL but the staff said that as I am at the back end for presentations and most of any issues will have been sorted,it represents my best bet as a new STH to get what I am after).

Trying to tie-in a disabled parking space is a bit of a 'mare so I've had to ask them to let me know by the day before if they can't accomodate me and I will (regretfully) cancel my appointment. Overall though I'm pretty satisfied with the customer service experience to date - they are really pretty good and certainly try to be accomodating even if it doesn't always come off :thumbsup:.

Last edited:

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Managed the shift swap, just had a "productive" chat with my boss (we sat down, discussed the situation and decided I'm right) so on the 16th May I will be the proud owner of a ST. Only cost me a couple of pints to arrange the swap, so I consider that a bit of a win tbh!!

Out of interest, does anyone know what corners are being put in? As I said earlier, I don't give a monkeys where I sit, but the idea of having a brand new plastic and leather seat thats all mine and never been used is getting kinda appealing :D

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Managed the shift swap, just had a "productive" chat with my boss (we sat down, discussed the situation and decided I'm right) so on the 16th May I will be the proud owner of a ST. Only cost me a couple of pints to arrange the swap, so I consider that a bit of a win tbh!!

Out of interest, does anyone know what corners are being put in? As I said earlier, I don't give a monkeys where I sit, but the idea of having a brand new plastic and leather seat thats all mine and never been used is getting kinda appealing :D

Well done, I believe it is the south stand corners.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I can't really see what the club are supposed to do about this, after all ticket office staff are probably covering the weekday evening appointments without extra staff, so if the club were to organise special weekend sessions they would have to pay extra wages for no extra income. That's assuming the staff even want to come in at the weekend (which if they've been doing evenings as well they probably won't).

It's much the same as being in the queue for the boxing day sales. If you choose to spend all of Xmas day outside in the freezing cold then good luck to you, but if you choose to have the full Xmas dinner with trimmings and a nice snooze on the 25th and then expect to rock up to the front of the queue on boxing day, well tough.

It's an important purchase and one you want to get right, so it makes sense to do it in person, as you won't necessarily be able to change your location if you're not happy on 18th August.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here