Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I agree ... I have to say I'm tired of seeing the same people saying the same thing over and over again in various threads on this topic!

I'm not upset either - in fact when I saw the proposal I immediately thought what a great idea and so I paid my extra £20. I let my two lads know about it who can only get to a few games a season because of work shifts. I transferred my season ticket to one of my lads for the Leicester game when I was away on holiday.

And incidentally they were very happy with what the club sent them as part of the Albion+ membership package.

Nearly 70 pages on this and you're perfectly happy with the scheme. I don't think you're reading the room here.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not really the point though, is it. Paying £20 for the right to pass on something on that you've already paid for, and then also rinsing the other side for £25/£15 does 'rub' a bit.

What if I paid £5 for a pint of Peroni in a Greene King pub, but then before I take a sip, the taxi turns up early so I have to leave. But before I can pass it on to a mate, I have to pay £1.50 over the bar, as does the recipient of the spare beer.

Fair ?

You've purchased the pint so you own it. You don't own the seat at the Amex.

Also, your agreement with the club is subject to far more terms and conditions than you contract with the landlord.

If the pub introduced a rule that stated that, due to covid, no one is allowed to share their drinks no doubt you would have the same argument with them that many seem to be having with the club!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

Also, your agreement with the club is subject to far more terms and conditions than you contract with the landlord.

If the pub introduced a rule that stated that, due to covid, no one is allowed to share their drinks no doubt you would have the same argument with them that many seem to be having with the club!

It’s his pint until he’s finished it and if he wants someone else to share it he can. It’s his season ticket for the duration of the season and he should be able to share that too

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I don't own the pint glass. And I don't own the seat at the Amex. I'm merely renting it periodically so I can enjoy what it brings.

As for the T&C's, there are obviously more that BHA have than the local boozer, 99% of which do pass me by without being bothersome. But if the pub introduced administrative charges to both parties for passing on a beer ? Mmmnah. Much like most Palace fans - thats not gonna wash.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Nearly 70 pages on this and you're perfectly happy with the scheme. I don't think you're reading the room here.

He probably is happy though and the scheme works for him as his sons get to see matches rather than pay for a full price match day ticket, I’m guessing there is a a big saving if his sons see a few games.

I haven’t joined the scheme though as I haven’t planned to share my ticket and close family are all ST holders.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021

What are you saying? That he shouldn't disagree because the majority is against him? He may not be "reading the room" He is giving an opinion based on his actual experience. Why is that a problem for you?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

So only those that like to have a moan about the scheme are allowed to comment then?

How lovely :facepalm:

Whoosh. Ha ha. Sorry, I was joking. Not reading the room seems to be the new NSC special phrase to shut down any dissenting posters. :lol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So only those that like to have a moan about the scheme are allowed to comment then?

How lovely :facepalm:
How lovely that you 'are tired of seeing the same people' use freedom of speech to discuss something that bothers them.

It is really easy to avoid threads you don't like. I never open most of Crodo's threads. Some people may like them but it is easy for me to avoid them as I think they're mostly rubbish. Similarly worlds hardest animal or whatever. But I am not irritated that some people have different interests or opinions. If I find them boring or tiresome I leave them be.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
How lovely that you 'are tired of seeing the same people' use freedom of speech to discuss something that bothers them.

It is really easy to avoid threads you don't like. I never open most of Crodo's threads. Some people may like them but it is easy for me to avoid them as I think they're mostly rubbish. Similarly worlds hardest animal or whatever. But I am not irritated that some people have different interests or opinions. If I find them boring or tiresome I leave them be.

It’s not the thread I don’t like … it’s an interesting topic. But we’ve had the same posters saying the same thing multiple times. I’m just expressing my opinion - freedom of speech and all that - on that. I look now and again to see if anyone is saying anything different. There are plenty of threads I just don’t bother with.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Really late to this discussion and generally really supportive of the club’s policies but the £20 charge to the season ticket holder is misguided. Absolutely have an Albion + membership fee but do not double bubble on customers/supporters/fans who’ve already shelled out for (in the current climate) difficult to use season tickets.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It’s not the thread I don’t like … it’s an interesting topic. But we’ve had the same posters saying the same thing multiple times. I’m just expressing my opinion - freedom of speech and all that - on that. I look now and again to see if anyone is saying anything different. There are plenty of threads I just don’t bother with.

You're right. All the NSC threads should allow freedom to express opinions but there seems to be a growing intolerance of differing opinions from The Opinion. Is it just a reflection of modern society?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
You're right. All the NSC threads should allow freedom to express opinions but there seems to be a growing intolerance of differing opinions from The Opinion. Is it just a reflection of modern society?

Just guessing your dismissal of people not being able to visit dying relatives and the tories taking the public for mugs is deemed unpalatable compared to someone with a positive (if unpopular) experience of our ticket sharing scheme.

Honestly.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just guessing your dismissal of people not being able to visit dying relatives and the tories taking the public for mugs is deemed unpalatable compared to someone with a positive (if unpopular) experience of our ticket sharing scheme.

Honestly.

Just guessing you don't post very often because your posts make no sense. Certainly I have no idea what that one means. Honestly.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I agree ... I have to say I'm tired of seeing the same people saying the same thing over and over again in various threads on this topic!

I'm not upset either - in fact when I saw the proposal I immediately thought what a great idea and so I paid my extra £20. I let my two lads know about it who can only get to a few games a season because of work shifts. I transferred my season ticket to one of my lads for the Leicester game when I was away on holiday.

And incidentally they were very happy with what the club sent them as part of the Albion+ membership package.
Agree with this. I paid at the outset £20 to make my ST transferable and £15 for my son to be Albion+.

This £35 was more than "recouped" within our extended family as a result of being able to easily pass on (by email) my ticket for the first two home games that I missed by being on holiday. We also recently received through the post a gift of an Albion branded bat & ball game which my great-nephew is getting for Christmas!

Perfectly satisfied customers and can't wait for Boxing Day. If we win then The Amex will be rocking.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here