Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Also, if you have paid your £20 and have one A+ member on your F&F list, if you transfer a ticket to them you get sent the link and a print at home ticket to pass on. The link can be uploaded to any phone, including one that already has a valid ticket on it (so you scan both people in using the same phone).

It’s a workaround that might get stymied by the random covid doc checks at the ticket office I guess.

All the for and against arguments have been done to death. It works for people regularly sharing with the same recipients, it doesn’t work for casual, occasional sharing.

Also, in case anyone has missed it, if you transfer your ticket for a game that then gets postponed, you can’t get it back. Barber has said STHs will be able to BUY a replacement ticket……so if you follow the rules, and the person you transferred it to can’t go to the rearranged game, your ST seat will be empty and you’re going to have to pay full price for another ticket.

That is silly. But surely in the case of the match being rearranged such that the actual STH could now go, they could just use the print-at-home ticket themselves, even though it had someone else's name on it.

Covid checks against ID aren't an issue (unless they've changed). All they do is check your Covid pass, not the actual ticket.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Would not mind paying £140 extra to actually see some entertainment and some goals at home occasionally. And at least Liverpool fans have seen us score two goals in open play whereas at Amex not seen that for 3 months !

That's just on of the vagaries of being a football fan, isn't it? West Ham and Man City are two of the cheapest season tickets in the league, but it's not like you can just decide to go and watch them and get anywhere near like the entertainment of watching a team that you've got an emotional investment in!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I'm sure the club aren't being greedy but if I can't make a home game, my seat stays empty now. A real shame.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm sure the club aren't being greedy but if I can't make a home game, my seat stays empty now. A real shame.

Same for me, always had takers but not anymore as most are not prepared to become members. Yet they would spend in the club shop and concourses. All lost revenue. Well done PB

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Isn't their concern that some tickets may end up in the hands of people that may have been excluded from entry for various reasons?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I've had two season tickets since Withdean - one for me and one mainly used by my daughter but also by others as and when she couldn't make it. Up until last season if she couldn't go I'd usually bring either my wife or other daughter. Or if it's an evening game my neighbour might come. Or my brother if he's in the country. None of those 4 is going to pay the £28 to become a myAlbion+ member just so they can use my spare ticket so the seat stays empty. Next season it certainly won't be occupied by my daughter as this new money-making scheme means it would go unused 5 or 6 times as I'm fed up with it. Chalk this up as another non-renewal

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
That is silly. But surely in the case of the match being rearranged such that the actual STH could now go, they could just use the print-at-home ticket themselves, even though it had someone else's name on it.

Covid checks against ID aren't an issue (unless they've changed). All they do is check your Covid pass, not the actual ticket.

Last night the name on my Covid Pass was checked against the name on my ticket. My actual photo ID was not checked.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Isn't their concern that some tickets may end up in the hands of people that may have been excluded from entry for various reasons?

You can buy guest tickets from pretty much any game (in the name of the STH) so for those tickets they have no idea who is in the seat.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We have the 6th most expensive season tickets in the league so the clubs attempts to fleece us for even more money doesn’t sit well with me.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Last night the name on my Covid Pass was checked against the name on my ticket. My actual photo ID was not checked.
Well that's an error by the checker. The point of the check is to Make sure the covid pass is actually yours. As far as I could see last night they checked everyone at the time I was entering the upper west.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I predict due to the difficulties of covid, the greed of the big six and general disillusionment of some fans that gates will begin to dwindle. Watch Barber's and the club's attitude to customers change then.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Barber can justify it with clear logic and "fairness" however he likes. Doesn't matter. The fact is regardless of that it's pissing fans off, leading to many empty seats and some fans now not renewing. Therefore, the scheme is not working well (again regardless how you justify it) and needs to change. Sometimes fan's perception is more important than facts.

edit - this also can apply to the "boos" and poor atmosphere. Potter, Barber etc can justify things how they like but they don't have to pay to watch do they nor traipse to the ground on public transport.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
One of the main reasons many people cannot attend matches is the rearranging of so many fixtures to times that suit the TV companies.
Now that is not going to change is it ?
So……. The club need to change tack on this before season ticket renewals come around. They club won’t though because of the furore that would create from fans who have stumped up the £20……….. It’s all a bit of a mess IMO.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The club need to change tack on this before season ticket renewals come around. They club won’t though because of the furore that would create from fans who have stumped up the £20……….. It’s all a bit of a mess IMO.

The club could say it was due to "the success" of the scheme this season they decided to roll it out to everyone next season. As far as the club is concerned it is a success as supposedly thousands stumped up the £20. What they haven't taken into account is the thousands that haven't!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Barber can justify it with clear logic and "fairness" however he likes. Doesn't matter. The fact is regardless of that it's pissing fans off, leading to many empty seats and some fans now not renewing. Therefore, the scheme is not working well (again regardless how you justify it) and needs to change. Sometimes fan's perception is more important than facts.

edit - this also can apply to the "boos" and poor atmosphere. Potter, Barber etc can justify things how they like but they don't have to pay to watch do they nor traipse to the ground on public transport.

What if Tony Bloom doesn't boo, and he has paid more than all of our fans put together, many times over.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Of course, but as I posted, that's not in line with the club's rules....

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
We have the 6th most expensive season tickets in the league so the clubs attempts to fleece us for even more money doesn’t sit well with me.

Not including the travel though is it.

I think we could do with losing a few season ticket holders, too many sitting on their phones and just waiting for the chance to jump on the teams back. Bloke near near me in WSU bock H spent the whole second half looking at this board and having a breakdown at half time shouting at the team. He can **** off and watch at home for a start.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

The guy that did my checks at entrance to NS said upfront, without me even asking, and while I was still fiddling with me Omsung Phine, that "tonight we're not checking photo ids". So would appear to have been a policy decision from on high. Fairy nuff, two checks out of three ain't necessarily bad

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Come close Ill tell you a secret. If you use the ticket on your phone you can view the qr code, simply screen shot the qr code and give it to said friend. As long as theyre not a knobhead they should be golden getting in.
I'll tell you another secret.

My cousin didn't pay his dd this month as he as been off work, and he was short of wages. He had an email saying his ticket was blocked until he paid the balance + £10 late fee.

He was at the game last night on the blocked ticket :shrug:.

So.... The ticket can't actually get blocked or he was very lucky? Are they using scare tactics?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here