Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season Ticket Downloaded!!

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Spoke to somebody yesterday who for first time has bought 3 STs. After speaking to club he paid £25 extra on each in case him or son/daughter cant attend a game. He was not aware that if he cant go person he passes ticket to also has to pay £25 He is not a happy bunny. I think people on here disagree but I can see many empty seats on games that are not sold out.

I must admit I was not happy with the club’s stance on this. Mrs.Punal has an ST but won’t be able to attend various games this season. For her (us) to enable a “friend and family” member to attend there is a charge of £20+ for administration costs. On top of that the friend and family member has to stump up £28 to be an “Albion + member” to allow them to share Mrs. P’s season ticket. That’s £50 in the club’s coffers before a ball’s been kicked. If another friend or family member wants to go the same rules apply - another £28 handed over.

Now I realise the club have lost an awful lot of revenue over the last 18 months but I do think that this policy is a bit extortionate. After all Mrs.Punal and I have already purchased our season tickets (and have done since the Amex was opened) - loyal supporters and all that. To then penalise us by having to pay more so that there won’t be an empty seat does seem excessive. After all, as my daughter stated, you’ve paid for the ticket therefore you can take who you want - of course that’s another story and different argument entirely. :shrug:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Hypothetically speaking, and asking for a friend.
If you download your ST(s) to an old smartphone, for example an unused iPhone 5. Could you just use this, and then if you couldn’t go to a game just hand this phone to a friend who perhaps could go?

Don't see why not. Or you could screenshot the bar code thing and send it to them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was a "got there in the end" experience for me as well, being as I've never used Google Pay. Some moderate faffage, but its doable !

The crusties are going to struggle though. My dad would not cope with this.

This old crusty hasn’t had a problem, although I have an iPhone.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If you download your ST(s) to an old smartphone, for example an unused iPhone 5. Could you just use this, and then if you couldn’t go to a game just hand this phone to a friend who perhaps could go?

I thought production of photo ID was mentioned somewhere.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Sorry if this is a stupid question but it states you can only download to one phone - if I change my phone at some point does my Google Pay just transfer to my new phone and the season ticket will still be on there? So it can only be on one phone at a time rather than only on one specific phone?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Technically could work, although there may well be ID checks, at least initially. Would imagine any STH found to have done this would have their ST cancelled and a long ban to follow.

Don't see why not. Or you could screenshot the bar code thing and send it to them.

I understand the QRC changes in the app regularly (to prevent this happening) so this won’t work ?

I was initially a bit pissed off about the £20 admin charge and the need to be an A+ member to transfer a ticket (like others me and junior attend virtually all games so it’s going to be an infrequent thing) but even for one game the total cost (excluding what has already been paid for the ST) is around what a general sale ticket would cost - do it 2-3 times a season and it’s reasonable value. It’s a great idea for those wanting to share tickets much more frequently of course.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I've got a friend who was asking the same question. Presumably the tickets can be transferred to a different phone over the season anyway. There'll be several thousand fans who'll lose, damage or upgrade their phones over the course of a 9 month season!

I thought production of photo ID was mentioned somewhere.

I'm sceptical that there is going to be anything other than a few spot checks. Imagine the queues that full ID cross check would create at 2-45 with 30K in attendance.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Sorry if this is a stupid question but it states you can only download to one phone - if I change my phone at some point does my Google Pay just transfer to my new phone and the season ticket will still be on there? So it can only be on one phone at a time rather than only on one specific phone?

Not entirely sure, but if it’s an iPhone as long as your cloud is updated it should just copy everything over.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Why don't you try singing in to your Google pay on someone else's phone to see if it works?
There must be a way to transfer the ticket to a different phone, my contract is up before the season ends so it will need to allow me to use it on whatever new phone I get.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Good luck with that. I’m sure your friend will thank you for their pointless round trip to Falmer.

Of course wont do this unless it worked.. What I wont do if I miss one game is to pay £45 on top of £40 I have paid for ticket

August West

Jul 30, 2013
In case anyone else has a problem with the link.

I couldn't make the link work on my iPhone SE using Firefox, I tried multiple times and just got error messages.

I changed my default browser from Firefox to Safari and it worked immediately!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here