Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket details 22/23

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well done to Tony and the club.

It's generous, but also sensible. There are plenty of good reasons not to go to football at the moment, and seeing the number of empty seats every week, we'll struggle to sell all our ST's next season I think. Good not to give people a reason to knock it on the head

There were very few empty seats v Chelsee despite the KO time - wouldn’t be surprised to the ground much closer to full for the upcoming games particularly as 3pm ko and the Covid situation is easing in the eyes of many.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps all the 1-1s would put them off but why wouldn't they be interested in having priority in being able to buy a ticket to see most home or away games ? (which is the main benefit from being an A+ member)

because you can't buy a ticket next to the people whose tickets you normally borrow (on the odd occasion they don't go)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Personally I would have slightly increased the ST cost and ditched the sharing fee and gone back to being able to pass tickets without cost to friends/family.

People IMO would understand a small increase in ST price (say £25.00, just over £1 a game) if they could pass their tickets on.

Club gets SO much right, but on the ticket sharing they have IMO got it wrong.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
because you can't buy a ticket next to the people whose tickets you normally borrow (on the odd occasion they don't go)

Precisely. As an example, both me and junior each miss 1-2 games a season (different games), and we both have (non member) pals that might have come to one game a season with either of us in the past. Without flouting the T&C or getting someone to sign up as an A+ member we can’t do that any more so the seat remains empty when one of us can’t go. Can live with it as it’s pretty rare for us but just seems a bit daft when if one of us was on a concessionary ST we could simply upgrade and give it to anyone :shrug:

I wanted a couple of extra tickets for the Everton game - couldn’t get any in our block as it was all sold out so I ended up buying two in the SW corner (we’re in WSL but near the NW). We all moved into our normal row at HT because it was otherwise completely empty :lolol:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I will renew my two lads Albion+ memberships in the hope they can join me for a few games next season - even if they’re not sat right next to me every time.

I won’t pay the £20 straight away as the first transfer is free. If we get to a second game I’ll be missing I’ll then look at what category team we’re playing and where we are in the season … and decide which way to go from there.

What fun :lol:

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Precisely. As an example, both me and junior each miss 1-2 games a season (different games), and we both have (non member) pals that might have come to one game a season with either of us in the past. Without flouting the T&C or getting someone to sign up as an A+ member we can’t do that any more so the seat remains empty when one of us can’t go. Can live with it as it’s pretty rare for us but just seems a bit daft when if one of us was on a concessionary ST we could simply upgrade and give it to anyone :shrug:

same with me and my brother

I wanted a couple of extra tickets for the Everton game - couldn’t get any in our block as it was all sold out so I ended up buying two in the SW corner (we’re in WSL but near the NW). We all moved into our normal row at HT because it was otherwise completely empty :lolol:

I'm in the cheaper seats at the North end of WSU.
You can't buy a Ticket in our blocks when tickets go on sale because the club don't release tickets in the cheaper areas (NS and WSU wings) until last minute as they want people to buy the more expensive tickets and the SW tickets first.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I will renew my two lads Albion+ memberships in the hope they can join me for a few games next season - even if they’re not say right next to me every time.

I won’t pay the £20 straight away as the first transfer is free. If we get to a second game I’ll be missing I’ll then look at what category team we’re playing and where we are in the season … and decide which way to go from there.

What fun :lol:

Sensible approach.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Personally I would have slightly increased the ST cost and ditched the sharing fee and gone back to being able to pass tickets without cost to friends/family.

People IMO would understand a small increase in ST price (say £25.00, just over £1 a game) if they could pass their tickets on.

Club gets SO much right, but on the ticket sharing they have IMO got it wrong.

Personally, I am very happy that I don't have a slightly increased ST cost for any reason, especially this one as I don't share my ticket. We're all different though.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Given that the prices have been frozen anyone who wants to share their tickets should sign up to the scheme if they plan on sharing on multiple occasions.

Whilst I preferred the old non-system, I am actually getting pretty tired of this manufactured outrage about what happens to an unused ticket. For me the important thing is that the prices have been frozen in what have been financially difficult times for the club, with sections of the fanbase screaming for high profile signings. All this at a time when the team are playing their best ever football in the top flight. I just really don't have any time for the over the top anger thrown at the club these days, even if the club could clarify their communications a little better.

I buy my ticket, I got to the match, support the team and enjoy the football, everything is fluff as far as I'm concerned. If I can't go, I'll list my ticket on the exchange (and probably not sell it) but c'est la vie worse things happen at sea.

Very happy with the price freeze when cashing in on our current form would have been an easy option.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Given that the prices have been frozen anyone who wants to share their tickets should sign up to the scheme if they plan on sharing on multiple occasions.

Whilst I preferred the old non-system, I am actually getting pretty tired of this manufactured outrage about what happens to an unused ticket. For me the important thing is that the prices have been frozen in what have been financially difficult times for the club, with sections of the fanbase screaming for high profile signings. All this at a time when the team are playing their best ever football in the top flight. I just really don't have any time for the over the top anger thrown at the club these days, even if the club could clarify their communications a little better.

I buy my ticket, I got to the match, support the team and enjoy the football, everything is fluff as far as I'm concerned. If I can't go, I'll list my ticket on the exchange (and probably not sell it) but c'est la vie worse things happen at sea.

Very happy with the price freeze when cashing in on our current form would have been an easy option.

Giving an opinion is hardly outrage. Having had a ST at Goldstone and Amex always enjoyed beingfe. able to take somebody occasionally and sit with me. Last 2 years have picked up an aged uncle from his Rest Home once a season . Was even at an elderly friends house the other day who does not go out without a lot of planning because of ill wife. I used to occasionally take him. I may disagree but have to face it that those days have gone.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Must admit i didn't read the small print that even though you can share it once for free it can only be to a paid up member. Shows the whole idea is to get as many paid up members as possible to target.

Disappointed by that but also relieved at the price freeze which is really good news.

Would love to know what the market research into these decisions actually looks like*

*not the spin version which Barber will present at the fans forum tonight claiming they have listened to the feedback*

Oh well, hopefully we are battling the Champions League spots so the club get their money and those seats stay occupied...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Giving an opinion is hardly outrage. Having had a ST at Goldstone and Amex always enjoyed beingfe. able to take somebody occasionally and sit with me. Last 2 years have picked up an aged uncle from his Rest Home once a season . Was even at an elderly friends house the other day who does not go out without a lot of planning because of ill wife. I used to occasionally take him. I may disagree but have to face it that those days have gone.

Giving an opinion is not outrage, but a lot of the criticism has been outrage, especially on twitter and I have found it over the top and kind of click baity to be honest.

For the record I preferred the old way too, if I couldn't make a game I'd give my ticket away for free to a mate. Given that the season ticket prices have been frozen the additional cost for those who do share on a regular basis the costs are not that onerous.

It just really grinds my gears that an element of the fanbase seems determined to find an excuse to have a go at Paul Barber and the club, when in fact they are all doing a bloody brilliant job delivering us the best football we have seen at this club.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It is hard to comprehend how this has all become so complex, both in terms of design of the scheme, and in terms of the uproar from STH fans claiming they are adversely affected.

At the end of the day, a season ticket is a right to sit in a chair for a total of 28.5 hours of football, on 19 specified dates. 19, out of 365. You have 346 other days to make choices and run your life.

On the other hand, theses increasingly daft and complex sharing schemes, which are really just complicated income generators, are just not fit for purpose.

My solution. At STH renewal time, give every STH a once only choice, do you want a standard season ticket at (say North Stand where I am) at £545. Or do you want a ‘sharer’ season ticket, which would cost £595. No other sharer fees, no other MA+ crappy fees. Nothing. It’s either a ‘strictly you only card’. Or it’s a ‘sharer card’. Totally simple. And fair.

But let’s also remember, at the end of the day, a season ticket is nothing more, nothing less, than the right to sit in a chair (or indeed stand in front of it) for just 28.5 hours. It really doesn’t need to be complicated at all, and there is no logic or need for the design to clearly p155 off so many people.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
If barber wants the tourist fans they are going about it the right way

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not true. This from November:

'. Having recently secured new club records for season-ticket sales, as well as selling out our 1901 Club for a third successive five-year term, we are now on the brink of setting a new club record for Albion+ club memberships while the season-ticket and 1901 Club waiting lists are once again starting to build. '

This is a bit of marketing in my opinion.

The ST sharing rules mean many people have become Albion+ members to share a friend's or family ST. The Albion+ membership includes free entry onto the ST waiting list - whether you have any intention of buying one or not. So of course Albion+ memberships have gone up and vis a vis so has the waiting list.

Given the club up to Xmas was marketing hard on 'Grab yourself a 1/2 season ticket' would suggest there are ST vacancies not an 'actual' waiting list. Just my opinion like...

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
It is hard to comprehend how this has all become so complex, both in terms of design of the scheme, and in terms of the uproar from STH fans claiming they are adversely affected.

At the end of the day, a season ticket is a right to sit in a chair for a total of 28.5 hours of football, on 19 specified dates. 19, out of 365. You have 346 other days to make choices and run your life.

On the other hand, theses increasingly daft and complex sharing schemes, which are really just complicated income generators, are just not fit for purpose.

My solution. At STH renewal time, give every STH a once only choice, do you want a standard season ticket at (say North Stand where I am) at £545. Or do you want a ‘sharer’ season ticket, which would cost £595. No other sharer fees, no other MA+ crappy fees. Nothing. It’s either a ‘strictly you only card’. Or it’s a ‘sharer card’. Totally simple. And fair.

But let’s also remember, at the end of the day, a season ticket is nothing more, nothing less, than the right to sit in a chair (or indeed stand in front of it) for just 28.5 hours. It really doesn’t need to be complicated at all, and there is no logic or need for the design to clearly p155 off so many people.
Agree a logical approach to all this would have been so simple from a club that went the extra mile during lockdown

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Agree with much of what you say, no manufactured outrage from me.

I just believe that with so many kick-off times being changed (so far I think we've had 2 out of 10 home games at 3pm on a Saturday) it should be easier to share your ST - and I personally would have been happy to pay a small additional charge to be able to do so.

100% agree abut the club needing to clarify their communications a little better - see also Spurs allocation and statement after the palace game.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
So what's your solution here? Paul Barber rings you up in June, checks fixtures fit around your personal schedule, feeds back to the Premier League, and then tells the TV companies where to stick their money? Something like that?

An answer of extremes when really it is the small, drip, drip changes the Albion make that gradually pisses of the fan, who then stops attending (to watch from the sofa). The Albion don't seem to get that.

I agree with the view that the TV money is the Big Money the club wants and if chasing this money means lots of changes at medium or short notice then give the fans that do attend (the Small Money but the lifeblood) increased flexibility (without trying to rinse them of more money).

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
This is a bit of marketing in my opinion.

The ST sharing rules mean many people have become Albion+ members to share a friend's or family ST. The Albion+ membership includes free entry onto the ST waiting list - whether you have any intention of buying one or not. So of course Albion+ memberships have gone up and vis a vis so has the waiting list.

Given the club up to Xmas was marketing hard on 'Grab yourself a 1/2 season ticket' would suggest there are ST vacancies not an 'actual' waiting list. Just my opinion like...

You've called out the propoganda there :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Especially when the EFL used to have 13 midweek fixtures per season + when we were doing well we were regularly on TV Friday nights / Saturday lunch time (or even 11.30am away at Cardiff) !

In our last season in the Championship we managed 10 Saturday 3pm home games. Pretty pretty good in my opinion. Will we manage 5 this year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here