Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket details 22/23

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Time for a bit of honesty, you've got me bang to rights m'lud!

That's how it works at most other clubs.
I realise that you can make me look silly for being so honest about my situation, but in reality I think the lack of flexibility will result in more non-renewals of season tickets than normal.

The drop off will likely be blamed by the club on Covid or the economy, but in reality I think it's as simple as the lack of flexibility of being able to share with a mate without a £25 fee payable by each friend.

To cut out touting you could charge a nominal amount to the recipient whilst capturing their details should there be any issues.

Anyway, the club have decided on their policy and they can now see if it has any impact on renewals or new sales.
With the requirements now announced for next season, I'll just buy tickets for the games I can attend.

I don't want to make this post in April and be accused of commenting in hindsight, I'm just pointing out how I view the situation.

Spot on

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Many of us have issues with sharing/giving spares to mates now. Many hate seeing empty seats.

But you actually want the right to sell your (heavily reduced) tickets to different people... who aren't willing to give £25 to the club for a season. Next level entitlement, really.

Thing is, if you can't make "6 or 7" matches - a third of games - then, no, a season ticket probably isn't for you. And the club is probably fine with that.

Last edited:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Just renewed online. All quite straight forward. Personally I purchase to go myself not share or pass on (although I can see if a STH can't go for unforeseen reasons the pass it on/share it 'option' can make a lot of sense). Its not cheap watching PL football and BHA are near higher end compared to some other PL teams but we are in the 'wealthier' SE. I think no price rise is good and somewhat surprised its not same price for early renewals and a rise after a given early bird date. I realise im taking a risk as matches can be moved around clash with work and so on but thats life I suppose fortunately only Boxing Day was 'impossible' to get to. I look forward to a few Saturday 3pm ko though!

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Time for a bit of honesty, you've got me bang to rights m'lud!

That's how it works at most other clubs.
I realise that you can make me look silly for being so honest about my situation, but in reality I think the lack of flexibility will result in more non-renewals of season tickets than normal.

The drop off will likely be blamed by the club on Covid or the economy, but in reality I think it's as simple as the lack of flexibility of being able to share with a mate without a £25 fee payable by each friend.

To cut out touting you could charge a nominal amount to the recipient whilst capturing their details should there be any issues.

Anyway, the club have decided on their policy and they can now see if it has any impact on renewals or new sales.
With the requirements now announced for next season, I'll just buy tickets for the games I can attend.

I don't want to make this post in April and be accused of commenting in hindsight, I'm just pointing out how I view the situation.

That’s perfectly fine and honesty and expressing your views is what this forum should be about. I don’t want us to lose any fans so whatever you decide you will still be as good a fan as any of us and I hope you get to the games you want to.

Hopefully the good run of form will swell ST numbers, however I can see why people might not renew

👍

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Many of us have issues with sharing/giving spares to mates now. Many hate seeing empty seats.

But you actually want the right to sell your (heavily reduced) tickets to different people... who aren't willing to give £25 to the club for a season. Next level entitlement, really.

Thing is, if you can't make "6 or 7" matches - a third of games - then, no, a season ticket probably isn't for you. And the club is probably fine with that.

You've summarised that pretty well Wozza. I'll be overseas for 3 weeks in September and most of January, hence my guess of missing roughly 6 or 7 games.

I like being able to sit in the same area, near the same friends each game but think I'll either have to swallow losing about £250 or take a chance and just buy tickets on a match by match basis.

Unfortunately I think that both for myself and many other season ticket holders who miss more than 3 or 4 games a season it will be a case of cherry picking matches.
When people change their routine and the need to attend every game they then start becoming a bit more choosy depending on kick-off times and transport challenges and get out of the habit of going as often as they did before.

I honestly hope the club have got it right and that they maximise tickets sales to help fund the club's costs.
Unfortunately I feel they've misread the room, and the decision to require friends to be £25 members to receive a last minute ticket will have a negative effect.

I understand the safeguarding it creates but I think they've under-estimated the impact of continuing with the recipient paying £25 to be an Albion+ member.
I have absolutely no problem paying £20 myself to be eligible to share.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Still not nearly enough IMHO. Club should allow max flex to mirror fans need to be max flex due to fixture changes. Without adding cost.

However, no one is forced to pay into the clubs coffers so each to their own. I bailed out of ST culture after several decades for many of the reasons debated. I’m firmly in the legacy fan category anyhow and new fans probably should be who club focuses on. When we drop down the leagues again, I just hope these stay loyal because by then we legacies will most definitely be out of the habit and unable to move from our armchairs. Which have to say is very comfortable these days, and far more environmentally friendly/time saving to boot!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I understand the safeguarding it creates but I think they've under-estimated the impact of continuing with the recipient paying £25 to be an Albion+ member.

I originally deleted my message above, because this conversation goes around and around in circles. But here I am again. :lolol:

Let's face it, everyone has their own needs, and complains if the rules don't suit them.

Personally, I think the £20 admin fee is the problem (and penny pinching, really). I don't think expecting a guest to pay £25 to the club is unreasonable at all, given that it covers an entire season and anyone's spare season ticket.

Anyway....

Last edited:

Still not nearly enough IMHO. Club should allow max flex to mirror fans need to be max flex due to fixture changes. Without adding cost.

However, no one is forced to pay into the clubs coffers so each to their own. I bailed out of ST culture after several decades for many of the reasons debated. I’m firmly in the legacy fan category anyhow and new fans probably should be who club focuses on. When we drop down the leagues again, I just hope these stay loyal because by then we legacies will most definitely be out of the habit and unable to move from our armchairs. Which have to say is very comfortable these days, and far more environmentally friendly/time saving to boot!

The waiting list disappeared while we were in the Premiership, the notion that it will exist in the Championship if we ever go down is probably far fetched. Then once again, it will become a buyer's market and the seller (the club) will have to respond if they want more buyers. It's the eternal demand/supply war, the club are not being "generous" (lol) with these latest changes, their business guys are simply trying to gauge what the market (that's you and me) will take. They didn't get it right last year so anyone's guess if this will work - tho the players doing well on the pitch right now strengthens their hand

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

This. You buy a season ticket not knowing in advance when games are played. Then you get the fixture list. Then this fixture list is changed (dates and times). Then it's changed again. It's all well and good saying fans want their cake and eat it but you have to commit to attend games that are often changed. Sadly, it really is sometimes so much less hassle to stay home and watch on tv (due to all the streams).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A wise economic decision in freezing ST prices.

Supply and demand, the waiting list has disappeared. (If one’s started forming again, it’d be tiny compared to the 7,000+ pre pandemic). Household finances are being hit hard from all directions, a price hike on a leisure/luxury item would’ve been a step too far for supporters struggling financially.

Fair play to the club on this part.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Will study new system in next few days. However I think retaining the £25 fee to anybody that goes to a one off game is a mistake and the main gripe people had about old system. I can only talk about our group. None of us have anybody who is waiting for a freebee . Or in fact any Albion members that are not ST holders. When somebody could not go our tickets over years have gone to people who whilst enjoyed the experience never in a position to go regularly often because of age old and young. Over years have often made calls day before a game saying seat available near me. We have always filled seat and recipient has enjoyed it but sorry somebody we have persuaded to go will not pay £25
Quick glance looks like club have given priority to retaining the income they had from sharing scheme but have dressed it up in a different way

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
You've summarised that pretty well Wozza. I'll be overseas for 3 weeks in September and most of January, hence my guess of missing roughly 6 or 7 games.

I like being able to sit in the same area, near the same friends each game but think I'll either have to swallow losing about £250 or take a chance and just buy tickets on a match by match basis.

Unfortunately I think that both for myself and many other season ticket holders who miss more than 3 or 4 games a season it will be a case of cherry picking matches.
When people change their routine and the need to attend every game they then start becoming a bit more choosy depending on kick-off times and transport challenges and get out of the habit of going as often as they did before.

I honestly hope the club have got it right and that they maximise tickets sales to help fund the club's costs.
Unfortunately I feel they've misread the room, and the decision to require friends to be £25 members to receive a last minute ticket will have a negative effect.

Forcing someone to be a Albion member + and pay £25 is a mistake on the off chance of going to see a match

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As I have said main gripe is somebody going to odd game has to pay to be a member. ( if i buy a guest ticket for someone they dont have to be a member or give name ) I have looked at so called benefits of becoming an Albion member and most would be of no interest to occasional attendee. Including Gift pack value £15 Online quizzes, Birthday e card, Superstore discounts, Access to training session. For a start could do away with these and charge a fiver

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well done to Tony and the club.

It's generous, but also sensible. There are plenty of good reasons not to go to football at the moment, and seeing the number of empty seats every week, we'll struggle to sell all our ST's next season I think. Good not to give people a reason to knock it on the head

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
This. You buy a season ticket not knowing in advance when games are played. Then you get the fixture list. Then this fixture list is changed (dates and times). Then it's changed again. It's all well and good saying fans want their cake and eat it but you have to commit to attend games that are often changed.

So what's your solution here? Paul Barber rings you up in June, checks fixtures fit around your personal schedule, feeds back to the Premier League, and then tells the TV companies where to stick their money? Something like that?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As I have said main gripe is somebody going to odd game has to pay to be a member. ( if i buy a guest ticket for someone they dont have to be a member or give name ) I have looked at so called benefits of becoming an Albion member and most would be of no interest to occasional attendee. Including Gift pack value £15 Online quizzes, Birthday e card, Superstore discounts, Access to training session. For a start could do away with these and charge a fiver

Perhaps all the 1-1s would put them off but why wouldn't they be interested in having priority in being able to buy a ticket to see most home or away games ? (which is the main benefit from being an A+ member)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not being funny, but why not just, y'know, go to the games? And if you don't think you'll make it to enough games, give your season ticket up?

It's not rocket science. And all these people saying 'yeah, but so many games get moved from 3pm on a Saturday and it messes with my work/life balance', etc. TV companies moving games for TV is hardly a new thing, is it? Plenty of people managed to get to the Friday night Palace game – funny that!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not being funny, but why not just, y'know, go to the games? And if you don't think you'll make it to enough games, give your season ticket up?

It's not rocket science. And all these people saying 'yeah, but so many games get moved from 3pm on a Saturday and it messes with my work/life balance', etc. TV companies moving games for TV is hardly a new thing, is it? Plenty of people managed to get to the Friday night Palace game – funny that!

Especially when the EFL used to have 13 midweek fixtures per season + when we were doing well we were regularly on TV Friday nights / Saturday lunch time (or even 11.30am away at Cardiff) !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here