Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket confiscated

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
How would your ID, have identified you as a fan of either club?

Would my Hampshire address on my driving licence have outed me as a Pompey fan?

It wouldn't have helped any more than my Leicester address, but my Seagull tattoo did get me into the Sportsman once!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Jevs , just ask your brother in law for the tenner its gonna cost to get a replacement card because he lost it after being pissed up.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
WHat about this hypothetical scenario? The bruv gets into a fracas, or something that results in the police 'having a word'. They ask him his name and something to back this up, and Bruv thinks 'I'll pretend to be my brother and show Plod the season ticket as ID.'

The Police say this isn't sufficient and after more pallaver he produces something else from his wallet and says 'fair enough, I'm not him, I'm this person instead' and then shows some legitimate ID of his own.

The Police decide the ST isn't his, its either forged or someone else's and they decide to keep it.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
No. Perhaps they have the right to ask for ID before serving you, but you don't have to have ID. What is this, make up a law week?
Only if they have reason to believe an offence has been committed in the first place, which they obviously don't.

The actual word is suspect and not believe. These are two are totally different when taken into a legal context. Believe would need more proof than suspect.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
In conclusion, having considered the matter carefully, I genuinely can't think of a legitimate reason why a police officer would seize a ticket off a bloke in a pub, after a game, in the circumstances described, and certainly not without any other action being taken, so I can only surmise that the poster's brother is, to use the technical term, talking bollocks.

Or said copper was corrupt ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The actual word is suspect and not believe. These are two are totally different when taken into a legal context. Believe would need more proof than suspect.
Er, ok. So they could only search you if they had reason to suspect an offence had been committed in the first place, which they obviously don't. If you're in a pub having a pint, there's no reason for a police officer to suspect that you went to a game of football with someone else's ticket.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Basically, your brother in law got pissed, lost your season ticket and thought, "he's a West Ham fan, he must be a thick twat, i'll spin him a yarn that the old bill took it off me, he's stupid, he'll believe anything"
Sounds like a real nice brother in law

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Er, ok. So they could only search you if they had reason to suspect an offence had been committed in the first place, which they obviously don't. If you're in a pub having a pint, there's no reason for a police officer to suspect that you went to a game of football with someone else's ticket.

There are a large number of offences that can be commited some are under the licensing act....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here