Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket confiscated

I suppose the OB could have confiscated it in on the basis that its illegal to resell a football ticket and as it wasn't his then they assumed an offence had taken place.
If an offence had been committed, then the due processes need to be followed. As far as I am aware, the range of penalties available don't include going through the possessions of the offender's brother and depriving them of the season ticket.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i have sat at the turnstiles at WSU with the steward waiting for my mate and his dad to arrive to pass them my parent's season tickets to go through and he didnt mind one bit. had a nice chat with him too (not sure who he is, the bloke with the big tache) so im not sure the club take this kind of thing too seriously

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Since when was it the law to carry ID anyway?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If an offence had been committed, then the due processes need to be followed. As far as I am aware, the range of penalties available don't include going through the possessions of the offender's brother and depriving them of the season ticket.

On the Albion Roar about a year ago, Richard Hebberd and Darren Balkham were discussion stewarding and gave an example as to how clubs can be pragmatic on matters. The one they gave was that The Football League ground regulations say that transferring season tickets is forbidden, however the Albion turn a blind eye to it provided it is not being used to let a banned eprson get in, or an away fan into a home area or to have an adult using a concessionary ticket.

They didnt say that it was illegal to do so.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Since when was it the law to carry ID anyway?

It isn't. I'm guessing the "ID" thing was to try to distinguish between the two sets of fans? I suggest we all get Seagull tattoos, to identify the real fans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It isn't. I'm guessing the "ID" thing was to try to distinguish between the two sets of fans? I suggest we all get Seagull tattoos, to identify the real fans.

How would your ID, have identified you as a fan of either club?

Would my Hampshire address on my driving licence have outed me as a Pompey fan?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I don't think the police can even force you to show anything unless they suspect you of an offence - I'm sure Edna will be able to confirm.

Either way, why would they be asking to see season tickets ? As far as I'm aware you don't need a season ticket to enter a pub and indeed you don't need a season ticket to go to a game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I suppose the OB could have confiscated it in on the basis that its illegal to resell a football ticket and as it wasn't his then they assumed an offence had taken place.
Firstly, can anyone show some law that says it's illegal to resell a football ticket? Secondly, they wouldn't be able to show it wasn't being lent, or simply carried by a house mate, for example.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
In the United Kingdom resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 unless the resale is authorized by the organizer of the match, such as what viagogo is doing through its partnerships with clubs Chelsea, Manchester United and Everton.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Firstly, can anyone show some law that says it's illegal to resell a football ticket? Secondly, they wouldn't be able to show it wasn't being lent, or simply carried by a house mate, for example.

Yes, it's called ticket touting. You can give it away but when money changes hands that is technically touting.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Got no reason not to believe him on this...especially as i'll find out sooner or later what happened. He just said that the OB asked for ID and this didn't match the season ticket name. It was after the match.

Trouble is, he does like a beer after the game and he's a bloody liability when pissed so christ knows what happened. He's not a trouble maker but will go if provoked.

Ill give the club a bell tomorrow.

You let someone have your season ticket who is a liability when they have had a drink :ffsparr:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I regularly sell my ST when I can't make games, then collect it back at the turnstile the following game. Never been a problem.

Jevs, are you referring to an Albion or West Ham ST?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Got no reason not to believe him on this...especially as i'll find out sooner or later what happened. He just said that the OB asked for ID and this didn't match the season ticket name. It was after the match.

Trouble is, he does like a beer after the game and he's a bloody liability when pissed so christ knows what happened. He's not a trouble maker but will go if provoked.

Ill give the club a bell tomorrow.

sounds like bollocks to me i'm afraid

on what basis did the police have the right to confiscate a ST card away from the ground because ID didn't match. it's not illegal to be in possession of somebody else's ST card.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, it's called ticket touting. You can give it away but when money changes hands that is technically touting.
Reading this I thought I'd google it. Generally ticket touting is assumed to be profiting from the sale of tickets. It's also not necessarily illegal:
Ticket touting - Consumer Law
However, that link points towards this one:
Which suggests it is generally illegal to sell Footy tickets.

Yes, you're right. I didn't check but it does seem strange that BHA have officially / unofficially condoned the transfer of tickets.
Where did you find the bit that BHA make the transfer possible in the eyes of the law? While they condone it, condoning doesn't seem to make a difference to the law, one has to be authorised in writing to sell.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Technically, you have to have ID drinking in any licence premisies regardless of your age, it is the Pubs right to be presented with ID of anyone

That's a condition of entry though, not an actual law. If you don't have ID they can refuse entry or service but no civil or criminal offence has been committed.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i havent tim to catch up this morning, have we discovered if Jevs brother has been winding him up or not?

as for ID, last time i checked, we have no legal requirment for it. you have to provide your name and adress on request thats all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here