Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ends here. We are going down

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Far far far too early to be worried, given we're only a point or 2 from safety at the moment. And we're not *that* poor Richie - we have some decent players! I think it was El Presidente who listed about 8 matches we've thrown away this season, whereas we've only salvaged one (Sheff Wed). When we start holding onto leads, we'll be fine.

Back to back wins will see us in a mid table position, and let's face it, Derby at home IS winnable.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
MORRIS just let me put you STRAIGHT on a few things.

FIRSTLY (and even tho i'm not the biggest fan of our current manager) we AINT going down, as ever it WONT be any one individual that will keep this club up, it will be the combination of the determination of our players, the board with limited money and our abillity to draw support and strength in bad times.

No ONE player is ever going to keep you up or take you down, McShane will be LONG remembered, but IS replaceable with more than half of the season remaining.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
No point in looking at the table to after Christmas at the earliest. If we'd had a little bit more luck, we'd be just outside the playoffs and all be confident of survival.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Rougvie said:
MORRIS just let me put you STRAIGHT on a few things.

FIRSTLY (and even tho i'm not the biggest fan of our current manager) we AINT going down, as ever it WONT be any one individual that will keep this club up, it will be the combination of the determination of our players, the board with limited money and our abillity to draw support and strength in bad times.

No ONE player is ever going to keep you up or take you down, McShane will be LONG remembered, but IS replaceable with more than half of the season remaining.

Here here.

Re: Re: Season ends here. We are going down

Lokki 7 said:
... but I'm going to be anyway. Classic Richie Morris. One of the very few posters capable of making my blood boil on a regular basis.
In fairness to Richie, he posted an honest opinion.

And then modified it shortly afterwards.

Yep, you're right. Classic Richie Morris.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Richie Morris said:
What I meant was we need to stop kidding ourselves we are any good. We are a poor team who have just lost their best player.

Obviously I will still be going to games etc but we are poor.

If we win a few games on the way to relegation then all the better but with this manager and squad we are going down.

Still no reason why we cant have some fun along the way.

what a load of COCK!

i feel like i'm repeating myself but we are playing better football than i've seen in a few years. if we could just turn all of our great attacking into a few more goals then we'll be alright.

*i'm not going to say a word about our defence *

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We have lost the same number of games as Luton, who are FIFTH.

I am just glad you were not posting on here in 1996/97 Richie

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Simster said:
And we're not *that* poor Richie - we have some decent players!

EXACTLY.

But its the old story round here, CKR and Jakey get pelters because they are no better than average, what we forget is the so called 'experts' on NSC (well one in particular) were hailing CKR at the start of the season as a kid who could play all season and score 20 or so goals, so those who know no better believe that.

Surprise surprise he isnt thats sort of player (although I still think he is a real talent) and some of those who were built up now think he is a twat. That particular thread I found sickening, ok ok I have had a pop at the manager, but for those to kids to take the flack they have been getting of late is repugnant and typical of the build em up to knock em down tawdry affair NSC has become.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
El Presidente said:

I am just glad you were not posting on here in 1996/97 Richie

those were the days ...we really were shit then ...I wish people would realise how good it is now ...expectations are too high

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think the standard response to this is....

f*** off Morris you goon

Last edited:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
The Auditor said:
those were the days ...we really were shit then ...I wish people would realise how good it is now ...expectations are too high

As I keep sayng, we're playing the best football I have ever seen us play (so that is since 1992).

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
If 96/97 season would have turned Morris suicidal, what the HELL would 97/98 have done to him. We got 12 less points that season and didn't win a game until our 11th match.

We've got some promising home games coming up which we really should be looking to win (Derby, Hull, QPR & Millwall) and Luton are beginning to tail off. We had some of our best results over December/January last season and i'm hoping for more of the same this time.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Uncle Buck said:
I think that Maskell could do a job, how about getting Simon Fox and Phil Andrews in to sort out our lack of goals?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

Good job its 2005 not 1997

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here