Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullschat.com aka copyers r us

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Of course it's not fine!

They're breaching copyright. Text and images. And data (fixture lists etc).

Bit of a pisstake really!

At the same time, when people on NSC link to images, by default it copies the images to NSC servers.

Personally, I think being able to do this makes the internet lovely, that images, videos and text is easily shared around.

Exactly.

How many times have articles been lifted and pasted here for ease of viewing for people, happens all the time. Although to be fair people on here link to the article at least, and I would imagine the publisher gets many more visitors than they would have as a result.

It is a bit tight if they are not linking to the articles, but I think that is just rude. I can't imagine anyone is going to claim copyright over it.

EDIT: Wait, Ok I just had a look at the website, sorry I though it was just forum posts with copied text. Yeah that site is taking the piss a bit :lolol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Talking of which after that Spanish language Albion Twitter thread this morning I had a look at that Falkor's Twitter account. Turns out he's really a West Ham fan. It's about the only thing he did keep quiet about.

Wasn't he Newhaven Gull before he was Falkor? I seem to remember him talking about how he'd transferred his alliegence from West Ham, didn't like what they'd become, too corporate etc.

He'll be moving on again soon, no doubt.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Talking of which after that Spanish language Albion Twitter thread this morning I had a look at that Falkor's Twitter account. Turns out he's really a West Ham fan. It's about the only thing he did keep quiet about.

He did start numerous threads about West Ham (I appreciate that you could have easily missed these though).

Edid: Probably bad taste.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Paul Barber is going to go BERSERK!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Wasn't he Newhaven Gull before he was Falkor? I seem to remember him talking about how he'd transferred his alliegence from West Ham, didn't like what they'd become, too corporate etc.

He'll be moving on again soon, no doubt.

He was also Buckley is God, Poyet is God, God is God, Dog is God, Oh My God, I LOL at God and numerous other accounts.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's a very well made website though.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
How many times have articles been lifted and pasted here for ease of viewing for people, happens all the time.

There's a difference between random text (usually credited) and images posted on a message board and a site collecting news stories and passing them off as their own.

I can't imagine anyone is going to claim copyright over it.

Given that Seagulls Chat appears to have about 100 users, then no, you're probably correct.

Doesn't make it the right though.

I feel your pain. Fancy sharing a curry?

OOOOOOOOOOh, yes please hun xxxxxxxxxxxxx lolololololol........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe later we can dance round the room and post on here about it..............lolololololo.....xxxxxxxxxx

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Splitters? I don't see the problem. They didn't agree with some of the moderating on NSC and so rather than sit on their arses they were pro-active and created their own forum.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's a very well made website though.

Unlike the shambles of the official site,can't all league teams who have that crap get rid-their hit's must be down 0ver 50% i don't bother with that one any more

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Splitters? I don't see the problem. They didn't agree with some of the moderating on NSC and so rather than sit on their arses they were pro-active and created their own forum.

To lenient or too strict-just curious

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I don't see it as being a splitter. Yeah, I help with some stuff on SC, but I still like to post on here. Horses for courses. Very much similar to the way that many people who run NSP are also on here?

2 Jags 1 Stadium

Nov 3, 2005
EDIT: Wait, Ok I just had a look at the website, sorry I though it was just forum posts with copied text. Yeah that site is taking the piss a bit :lolol:

I tried to say that and gave the links to demonstrate. Sorry I was not clear. Look at each pair of articles I pasted. seagulschat have just copied entire articles from other sites and pasted them onto their site and never mention the place they copied from. I cannot believe that is allowed.

If it is can we do that here? I did not know about the news section here and it is not the same as the subject says where the article is from and there is a link to the original article as well. seagullschat do not do that.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
There's a difference between random text (usually credited) and images posted on a message board and a site collecting news stories and passing them off as their own.

Given that Seagulls Chat appears to have about 100 users, then no, you're probably correct.

Doesn't make it the right though.

Yeah I changed my mind when I saw the site. I thought the issue was posts in a forum.

I also thought at first glance that they had nicked widgets from the official site or somewhere else for the countdown and table and stuff, but actually it looks like it's all been created by whoever runs the site, so actually fair play to them. They should still source the articles they post though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here