seagullschat.com aka copyers r us

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Anyone fancy a CURRY? xxx loolllliol

I thought you'd never ask, I'm bloody starving.
I've been on and off n.s.c since 99 in different guises, but I have to say those two weeks on here were the strangest of times. Starting with the "curry night" thread, the "lovely lady" thread then the Falkor meltdown and all 3 of the culprits are on seagullchat aren't they?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I think it's a case of point taken with regards to sources. I help by putting some of the news stories on there, and hand on heart, it's something that hasn't crossed my mind. It IS a great looking website, and it's taken a lot of hard work and effort from a few great web design people, so it'd be a shame for things to fall down on something so minor, yet important.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I tried to say that and gave the links to demonstrate. Sorry I was not clear. Look at each pair of articles I pasted. seagulschat have just copied entire articles from other sites and pasted them onto their site and never mention the place they copied from. I cannot believe that is allowed.

If it is can we do that here? I did not know about the news section here and it is not the same as the subject says where the article is from and there is a link to the original article as well. seagullschat do not do that.

Yes I agree they should definitely credit the articles, that is poor form. However, if they did that, I'm not sure there would be much else wrong with the site.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I think it's a case of point taken with regards to sources. I help by putting some of the news stories on there, and hand on heart, it's something that hasn't crossed my mind. It IS a great looking website, and it's taken a lot of hard work and effort from a few great web design people, so it'd be a shame for things to fall down on something so minor, yet important.

So you can give credit to "hard work and effort" from a "few great web design people" but not to journalists and photographers who create content!?

Seriously, at the very least, you/they should credit the source AND link back. It's still breaking the law, but you'll probably be left alone as it's a small, amateur site and not worth lawyer time.

Really, though, you shouldn't be publishing content on a website without a basic grasp of copyright law!

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton

:safeway:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I thought you'd never ask, I'm bloody starving.
I've been on and off n.s.c since 99 in different guises, but I have to say those two weeks on here were the strangest of times. Starting with the "curry night" thread, the "lovely lady" thread then the Falkor meltdown and all 3 of the culprits are on seagullchat aren't they?

They sure Re, get involved, it's a right laugh.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Sources should have been listed, no excuse for not doing it and it will be done in the future, it's the right way to do it. Can I just add the site was set up because some of us were told by many members here we 'just didn't get NSC', the way we wanted to chat did not suit this forum so we had to go somewhere else.
That is fair enough I guess, we don't mean any harm to NSC or any other forum, visit us or not, chat with us or not there is no pressure at all, I think we can all continue to function at the same time, well I hope we can.
About time we did arrange that curry night though, lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here