Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Party to fight by-election in Lewes District

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
As Lord B has said before -- they're important. And they're not the responsibility of Lewes DC.

...meaning what exactly?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Mr Bassford, did you, or did you threaten, to overule anyone?

Dandyman

In London village.
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
As Lord B has said before -- they're important. And they're not the responsibility of Lewes DC.

And what representations should LDC then be making to those whose responsibility they are, given the major impact they will have on the Lewes area ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good luck my Lord. Give 'em some stick.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The guy who dressed as a monkey won the vote to be Mayor of Hartlerpool a while back & by all accounts did a good job.
I reckon the good people of Landport Estate will be right behind the Seagulls Party & I don't think the new chattering Lewes elite will like it one little bit!

:clap2:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Good luck Lord B. Go get 'em!

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Fantastic if he wins. That would make them sit up and think. Good luck Ed, I wish I was in the constituency.

Ed Bassford

Jul 22, 2006
Just to clarify the ward boundaries ...

Ouse Valley and Ringmer ward consists of the communities of Ringmer, Glynde, Beddingham, Firle, Tarring Neville and South Heighton.

We'll be needing some help distributing election material. There are no free Royal Mail deliveries for District Council elections, just 4,948 voters expecting something hand-delivered through their letterbox.

Any supporters on NSC with an afternoon or evening to spare might care to contact me by PM. The bulk of the footslogging will be needed in the couple of weeks before polling day on 17 August.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Dies Irae said:
What is Ed's policy on the continued bombing of civilian targets in the lebanon by Isreali jets supplied by the US and secondly, if elected,will Ed please make them change the decor in the Ram Inn at Firle as it looks very depressing in there at the moment, and also will they add Steak and Kidney pudding to the menu.

Thankyou

A interested non voter
Has the ram ever looked anything but depressing? I only ever see it in October (part of the bonfire society) and it's decor has never been appealing.

EDIT: Although the armchairs that were in there last year were very comfy. :)

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ed Bassford said:
Just to clarify the ward boundaries ...

Ouse Valley and Ringmer ward consists of the communities of Ringmer, Glynde, Beddingham, Firle, Tarring Neville and South Heighton.

We'll be needing some help distributing election material. There are no free Royal Mail deliveries for District Council elections, just 4,948 voters expecting something hand-delivered through their letterbox.

Any supporters on NSC with an afternoon or evening to spare might care to contact me by PM. The bulk of the footslogging will be needed in the couple of weeks before polling day on 17 August.

How good would it be to make a statement about the Stadium if the Club could muster up 4948 fans to deliver one hand delivered election flyer to to each of those 4948 who will be voting.

To me that would make a massive statement to all and sundry about the support the club has in it's need for a new stadium and would give more good news coverage for the club.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
This is good news ( although obviously not for the unfortunate Mr Fletcher and his family). Ed will be a fantastic candidate. If he wins or its a close run thing this should be worth some national publicity.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Is it a ward that is currently held by the Lib Dems?

And if so what is their majority and could this impact it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here