Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls in the stadium!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Best chant of 'Seagulls, Seagulls' ever at the Amex when our feathered friends dropped in and did a few laps.

I bet they were well upset when they realised the Amex doesn't do chips!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They still found some food though. One dropped down to pitch level in front of the East stand, picked something up and flew around with it in his beak. It looked really good when a couple of them were wheeling around the stadium.

Uridium

May 30, 2011
Was just about to post this. One of my favourite bits of the day! Also one of the only times there was some communal chanting too.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Loved it at the beginning when everyone was sharing the joke. 10-15 mins later when the 50th idiot stood up on his own and pointed at them and sung it again (the 45th time in a row that it was just a single person not a shared giggle) it did start to get just a tad old yet they seemed to think they were being intelligent and original.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Fantastic idea by the club to train these fellas. I'm told that there are a dozen more in training at the moment, and they will be performing tricks throughout any game that becomes a bit dull.

looney170

Aug 22, 2011
was thinking at the time what other club has there own (real) mascot flying round the ground... they put gully to shame "seagull seagull seagull"

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Brilliant moment; up there (literally) with the air sea rescue copter!

If the club is training them, can they get them to dive bomb the occupants of the south stand?...

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Was fantastic and they seemed to be lapping it up. One doing loops round the North, half way along the West and back round again.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
At least there are a couple of seagulls who are not afraid of using their aerial prowess.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Is it just me or are the Seagulls getting bigger in Brighton!?

Is exactly what I thought when I saw them flying round. What are they feeding themselves on?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
6649820763_86b559c719_z.jpg
Are we sure it was not one of these?

Cenotaff

Jan 8, 2012
Wrexham fan here.

Apologies on bumping an old thread but I thought I'd mention what a special little moment it was. After such a feel-good factor going around pre-match and the good nature between both fans I found it a brilliant little highlight. It was the icing on the cake to a quality match-experience.

What a fantastic stadium you have. I can understand why you are so proud of it.

Bloody expensive takeaways in the city centre though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here