Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls fan in Balham?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Falmer Flutter © said:
Ah, yes, that'll be me Wozza, although I've moved to Tooting with the missus (not far from the Mitre for those who know the area) since I last saw you. Unfortunately I still have ginger hair and work in Croydon.

Hi. Nice de-lurk. :lolol:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Simster said:
Count me in for a bit of Thursday footy action.

Who are you kidding..?

Actually just seen the bit that you will attend - "Drinking afterwards in....."

:lolol:

oatsy

Aug 14, 2003
Gwylan said:

I think a meet-up is called for. I agree with Wozza, the Duke of D is far better than the Bedford. What's the new Indian restaurant next to the DoD like?

Sorry to interrupt, but that is the worst Indian restaurant I've ever been in, really shit food and pretty expensive. Don't waste your time and hot-foot it across the road to Nanglos.

Frank Dux

Jul 24, 2003
Reigate
If we are talking takeaway - then El Kebabish is the Daddy, just up from the Duke heading towards Balham way. Bright neon yellowy green sign, the best greatest chicken kebab in a Naan bread ever, a bargain at £3. Nanglos is good mind, generally pretty shit for currys around there.

regarding football at Battersea, I'll check tonight about a free date, probably May time & then when I get a set date I'll see if we can get enough interest for a game.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Frank Dux said:
If we are talking takeaway - then El Kebabish is the Daddy, just up from the Duke heading towards Balham way. Bright neon yellowy green sign, the best greatest chicken kebab in a Naan bread ever, a bargain at £3.

Agreed. :clap:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I sometimes stop during the week in Battersea (the bit by Wandsworth Common). I have very occasionally drunk in the Nightingale on Nightingale Lane, which is quite a nice Youngs pub. It is officially in Balham, as it is in SW12, but is closer to Battersea. The Eagle in Chatham Road, off Northcote Road, is well worth a visit. Not seen many Brighton in the area though. Clapham Gull, are you in Clapham as in SW4, or Clapham as in the Junction, which is actually in Battersea, postcode SW11?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The problem with some of the pubs in the area is that they mainly attract a city crowd, with music so loud you cannot hear yourself speak. The Northcote was a fairly typical English pub until a few years ago, ok it attracted the builder types, some of whom might have been a bit funny but it has now been painted in bright colours with large numbers of lights and attracts mainly banking and rugby types. There is a whole line of bars of a similar type on Northcote Road. The only traditional pubs I know of are the Falcon, the Eagle, and the Beehive, which is further towards Wandsworth.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
oatsy said:
Sorry to interrupt, but that is the worst Indian restaurant I've ever been in, really shit food and pretty expensive. Don't waste your time and hot-foot it across the road to Nanglos.

Ha, that's what I wanted to know. That El Kebabish is pretty good and so is the Nepalese restaurant.

Tooting's best for Indians though.

I'm up for some footie on Thursday evening.

New York Geezer

Feb 4, 2004
Bermondsey
Interesting reading this as, along with the 'donkeycentrehalf' I know some of these 'Balham' characters quite well, and indeed a notable member of the clan has defected to the pleasures of South Tottenham, decorators assistant or the like!!

But the Balham cell is still active with one Albion fan, plus the 'northerer' .

So I'm thinking Mr. donkeycentrehalf' that I must know you - and presumably you know me, as well as Tubthumper, who may choose to add to this enthralling debate???

I now reside in SE1,any remaining locals in the rapidly gentrifying neighbourhood being fierce looking New Den inhabitants.

London Calling - where you at these days?

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
New York Geezer said:
So I'm thinking Mr. donkeycentrehalf' that I must know you - and presumably you know me, as well as Tubthumper, who may choose to add to this enthralling debate???

I think that that is a safe assumption - I am the 'Voice of Reason' and purveyor of retro sweets - Rhubarb & Custards and Fizzy Cola bottles at Wycombe for example.

Last season my main role was selling your North Stand season ticket on a match by match basis (if Howard couldn't) while you were still out of the country - I'm still waiting for my commission!!!

Note: All tickets were sold at face value or less

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm in SW11 - right behind Clapham Junction!

If anyone wants to don the blue and white and meet for a drink - i'm always up for it!

Football in Battersea Park sounds good! Count me in.

When and where we all going to get together then? Gwylan - having met you, you seem like the organising (organised) type!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Weezle said:
When and where we all going to get together then? Gwylan - having met you, you seem like the organising (organised) type!!

That sounds like a challenge.

Well, it wasn't me who was up for organising the football but I'll happily co-ordinate a piss-up in the Duke of Dev (or other nominated pub).

Shall we say in a couple of weeks? Midweek?

Frank Dux

Jul 24, 2003
Reigate
About football - I spoke to the guy that organises it last night & he is going to look up a free date for us - probably April/May time now, so when we get a date sorted I shall let you all know & we'll see if we can sort out a London Seagulls XI. As I said before will be a thursday night from 7-8 at Battersea Park.....Watch this space.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here