Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls fan in Balham?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
While cycling through Balham this morning I saw a bloke wearing what looked to be a Brighton scarf.

I know Wozza and it wasn't him, so does anyone know if there's another Seagulls fan in SW12?

I am aware that there used to be 3 0r 4 fans there blokes called:

Howard, Neil and Noel. I think two work for Virgin at Gatwick.:dunce:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This guy was quite tall and had longish, mousy-coloured hair. Ring any bells?

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
There are a few of us north of the river - N1, N4 and N8.

oatsy

Aug 14, 2003
It wasn't me but I'm a brighton fan in balham, and I live with another one!

We're all over man!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There is at least one other Albion fan not previously mentioned currently residing in Balham. And the Duke of Devonshire has been an occasional 'Albion' drinking hole of a night for four or five of us in the locality.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, Seagulls here, Seagulls there, Seagulls every f***ing where.

Next time,. there's a meet in the Duke of Dev let me know. I thought that Wozza and I were the only Tooting/Balham people here (given that Tooting Gull lives in Mitcham).

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
While that is technically true, as far as mini-cab drivers are concerned, it's Tooting as its close to the BR station (confusingly not really in Tooting at all). Mitcham can be another four quid. Not that I'm tight...

It's also quite near Amen Corner, which is either the crucial and challenging series of holes that sorts out the winner of the Masters at Augusta each year - or a three-way junction between Tooting, Mitcham and Streatham, depending on your perspective.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah, that Tooting station is weird. It should be called Mitcham Road or something. I live in Tooting and my nearest station is Haydon's Road - how does that work? But then, Clapham Junction is nowhere near Clapham ... as I discovered when I went there for the first time.

Amen Corner is also a 60s band (If paradise is half as nice...) but I think you'd have to be a certain age to remember that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gwylan said:
Yeah, that Tooting station is weird. It should be called Mitcham Road or something. I live in Tooting and my nearest station is Haydon's Road

Well I live in Wimbledon and so is mine!

Dandyman

In London village.
Tooting Gull said:
While that is technically true, as far as mini-cab drivers are concerned, it's Tooting as its close to the BR station (confusingly not really in Tooting at all). Mitcham can be another four quid. Not that I'm tight...

It's also quite near Amen Corner, which is either the crucial and challenging series of holes that sorts out the winner of the Masters at Augusta each year - or a three-way junction between Tooting, Mitcham and Streatham, depending on your perspective.

I used to live on the Furzedown site when I was at college (many years ago) and struck up a friendship with some of the local Millwall supporting lads on the basis of mutual Palarse loathing !

Leroy Rosenoir, ex-Hammer and current Torquay Gaffer, also used to live locally and drink at the Furzedown social club.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
London Calling said:
I am aware that there used to be 3 0r 4 fans there blokes called:

Howard, Neil and Noel. I think two work for Virgin at Gatwick.:dunce:

Close but no cigar - Howard used to live in Balham but has moved to South Tottenham with his lady. Don't think he has an Albion scarf either as he is a media tart these days it wouldn't be 'cool'.

Howards mate Noel works for Virgin but has never lived in Balham.

There is still one left in Balham (used to house share with Howard) but he ain't got long hair and I will not name him as he likes his privacy.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

I just moved back to Balham last week. Feels good to be home.

There's a ginger-haired Albion fan (named Darren, I think) who lives in Balham... and works in Croydon. Poor thing.

I've seen an Albion fan with two young kids at the station.

Also saw someone in an Albion shirt at the Balham gym last year. Didn't say hello which was very rude of me.

Anyway...

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Ah, yes, that'll be me Wozza, although I've moved to Tooting with the missus (not far from the Mitre for those who know the area) since I last saw you. Unfortunately I still have ginger hair and work in Croydon.
Sorry, still doesn't solve the Seagulls fan in Balham query.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here