Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seafront Parade

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Unless I wasn't paying attention, I don't think that Danny Cullip was presented to the crowd today. I hope this was just an oversight. If not, I need to get new specs and a decent hearing aid.

:jester:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Here's the telephone number for Specsavers and the local hospital will sort out your hearing aid.

He was on the bus and the very first one to be introduced when the presentations were being made.

He carried the cup.

:)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Was their a big turnout ?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yorkie said:
Here's the telephone number for Specsavers and the local hospital will sort out your hearing aid.

He was on the bus and the very first one to be introduced when the presentations were being made.

He carried the cup.

:)

Thanks Yorkie. I can only assume that I was momentarily distracted.

:D :D

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
This many...

gameworld-parade.jpg

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Oh dear

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Thats better, not as warm and dry as my bed was this morning tho :jester:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
More people there then that

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
That *is* the last bit in Madeira Drive, photographed out of my window. Because of the angle Aquarium Terrace etc you can't see the near side of the road so there will be more people than in the photo. I'd estimate from my vantage point that there was a smigeon under a thousand people in total. Mind you, I am rubbish at estimating things so there could have been anywhere from twenty to half a million.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Juice are saying just under a thousand.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the photo is of the people following the buses and was not taken at their resting point where more people had already congregated. 2000 in total I would say.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just under a thousand would be hugely dissapointing after 20000 for the other 2 parades. I just cannot understand people not bothering to turn up even if there was a spot of rain.

Hey Ho, to see the heros is never a wasted day and our main point about support was made at Cardiff. Prescott has already made his decision, it was just be nice if he bothered to tell us someday.

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
ok, here it is. I reckon i speak for loads a BHA fans.

Why do i want to see them today? they aren't playing football.
I clapped and cheered them after the game at Cardiff, what have they done since? Just seems a bit odd to me to go out and clap some human beings on a bus.

Saying this does not make me "not a true fan" or anything else that is coming in the next 5 answers below>

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Doesn't make you a spokesman for most Albion fans either.

Personally speaking it was good to see so many Albion shirts on the seafront, especially the young 'uns. Let the mockney day trippers know that Brighton people support Brighton!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to me that if the players could all be dragooned into turning out on the Sunday morning, despite having played on the Friday and the Saturday, then seemed only right and proper to turn up and give them a bit of applause for the season's acheivements. Not much point in anybody trying to talk up the numbers either cos they were LOW, but at the same time it was up close and personal. Dick Knight made a fine speech and a bashful Mark McGhee made one also - cos Dick MADE him do it :D

BTW - Qick plug for the Burger King franchise on Madeira Drive. Your service is shit and you deserve to be closed down ASAP

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tom - spot on as usual. The lethargy and couldn't be bothered attitude has suprised me somewhat. Hell, even Mrs Glover got her arse out of bed on her day off this morning and came along to cheer the boys in the rain.

Some of the people here need to have a long hard look at themselves in the mirror imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here