Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scunthorpe United V Brighton and Hove Albion **OFFICIAL THREAD**

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I wonder if he is wearing his protection or not, he really should be considering how rushed his return is anyway! :ohmy: It's brilliant to see him back and it's even better we can bring him on at 2-0 up, but it doesn't really seem a risk worth taking to me. Hopefully, I'm wrong. I have confidence in whoever our new physio is (Jim Joyce was it?) though, so I'm sure they know what they're doing...

It's not really rushed though, more quicker than expected. Some people heal quickly, others slowly. It seems McNulty's one of the former. I am positive he would be nowhere near today's match squad if he wasn't ready to be a part of it. As such it's not a risk. If he's ready now why wait another month before re-introducing him to the team?

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
It's simple though. Michel has been here nearly ten years and never let us down. Our other keeper is a jock we've just signed who could be brilliant but could be shit. Let's face facts - NOONE on this site knows. NOONE has watched Motherwell anywhere near enough to cast judgement. So why from the very moment Smith signed have so many already made him number one? Why have so many written Michel off and arrogantly presumed he will barely play a match all year? He's still number one, he's still got the shirt, and now he's got some competition he'll still be f***ing brilliant. So all the jocko lovers can DO ONE:thumbsup:

i live just outside motherwell and have a couple of mates who are 'well fans. they assure me that graeme smith is very good at shotstopping but not so great at catching the ball, which seems to be quite common with goalkeepers these days. they both seemed pretty gutted that he went on a free, they both rated him a lot.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Much better, thats all we wanted to see.

Now lets start this season well. Get momentum early

Seeeaaggguullssss

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's not really rushed though, more quicker than expected. Some people heal quickly, others slowly. It seems McNulty's one of the former. I am positive he would be nowhere near today's match squad if he wasn't ready to be a part of it. As such it's not a risk. If he's ready now why wait another month before re-introducing him to the team?
Indeed, I'm sure there's been medical advice at every step, and the "risk" is no more now than it will ever be if he has recovered from the operation.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

If he's truly ready, then absolutely I agree. It just doesn't seem right to me, if he had pulled a hamstring or broken a foot then that's different. Those types of injuries are hit and miss in terms of how long people are out for, but ruptured kidney? You wouldn't think he could recover over a month before he was expected to be in contention, but I'm not in a position to say either way, I just hope for the best and delight in seeing him back. :thumbsup:

I'd love him to get a third!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good result same next week please

ta-ta

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
so who stood out today in the team and worked their balls off

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)