Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scunthorpe United V Brighton and Hove Albion **OFFICIAL THREAD**

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
63 travelling fans salute McNulty :thumbsup:

He got a standing ovation from 64 Albion fans when he came on (he was wearing a kidney protector under his shirt. :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
i counted 67 not that it really matters, still a good turnout for such a long distance friendly

I counted 63 about two minutes to three , then the bloke who always wears a grey jacket came in at five past.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Really good performance. I know it's only a friendly but it's the best I've seen us play for a long while. We looked good on the ball, tracked down when we didn't have it and often won it back. Elphick and Virgo/Tunnicliffe won almost everything in the air.

Only downside was Cox's finishing, we could and probably should won 4-0 or even 5-0.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Really good performance. I know it's only a friendly but it's the best I've seen us play for a long while. We looked good on the ball, tracked down when we didn't have it and often won it back. Elphick and Virgo/Tunnicliffe won almost everything in the air.

Only downside was Cox's finishing, we could and probably should won 4-0 or even 5-0.

Spot on! Really enthused by today's display.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
he was wearing a kidney protector under his shirt. :thumbsup:

That's good news, it shouldn't never have been in question. He shouldn't take the risk, he means too much to us.

I'm genuinely stunned at how well it seems we've played today, bring on Mansfield!!! Oh, I meant Walsall.... :lol:

rothergull

Worthing ex pat
Jan 25, 2008
rotherham
The applause for Jimmy Mac was the loudest I heard all game apart from the goals ...... Scunny fans around me were surprised there were that many Brighton there

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
:drink:a good display on the whole-I personally was impressed with Kuipers
communication with his defence-if he gets a bad injury this season it could well be to his tonsills!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could the three of us who were singing be heard from the West Stand?

It was amazing that only 3 of us were singing , everyone else was content with the odd round of applause. A couple of the stewards remembered us from the previous game when we lost 1-0 as we were conspicuous as the only ones standing until told to sit down.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Code:
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]Pre-Season Friendly[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New].[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]Scunthorpe[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New] United   0 – 2   Brighton & Hove [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]Albion[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New].                            Mark Wright 13min[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New].                            Glen Murray 53min[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]Albion[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New] : ([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]4-5-1[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New])[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New].     [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]First half:[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New].                               1 Kuipers;[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New].             2 Whing     4 Elphick     5 Virgo     3 Jake Wright[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New].     7 Cox     10 Crofts     6 Navarro     8 Dicker     11 Mark Wright;[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New].                               9 [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]Dickinson[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New](most of) second half:[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New].                                 1 Kuipers;[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New].             12 El-Abd     4 Elphick     15 Tunnicliffe     14 McNulty[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New].     16 McLeod     10 Crofts     6 Navarro     18 Jamie Smith     11 Mark Wright[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New].                                   17 [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]Murray[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]12 El-Abd (62) for 2 Whing[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]13 Graeme Smith[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]14 McNulty (72) for 3 Jake Wright[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]15 Tunnicliffe (47) for 5 Virgo[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]16 McLeod (62) for 7 Cox[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]17 [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]Murray[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New] (46) for 9 [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]Dickinson[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Courier New]18 Jamie Smith (46) for 8 Dicker[/FONT][/COLOR]

From info provided by Insider, and our website match report. Scunthorpe website report didn't know McNulty and Murray had swapped shirts between team sheets going to commentary box, and kick-off.

Numbers only of interest to those who were at the match, but hope positions of more general interest as indication of Slade's thinking.

Team looked very organised, in both the first half and the second half mix of players - wouldn't have known from the game that half the faces were new.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here